Wikiposts

Favourite DVDs!

Old May 8th 2012, 3:34 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Favourite DVDs!

I have just been on Amazon.co.uk to order some DVDs, I find stuff quite expensive here so tend to get them second hand from Amazon.

Just managed to get 'Drop Dead Fred' - I love that film, so childish but funny - makes me laugh every time. I also ordered 'Paper Mask' with Paul McCann - rather wooden acting but the storyline is a bit freaky.

Got both of them including delivery for $18 - I get most of my DVDs from this supplier on Amazon.

I also love 'Toys', 'Big', 'Flight of the Navigator' - all the kids ones you may notice.

What are your 'feel good' films, something you watch to cheery yourself up and where do you get them from?
Old May 8th 2012, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite DVDs!

Moulin Rouge- absolutely love Ewan Macgregor in that role, and even Nicole Kidman ain't too bad. Funny and entertaining.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Moulin Rouge- absolutely love Ewan Macgregor in that role, and even Nicole Kidman ain't too bad. Funny and entertaining.
I got my Drop Dead Fred DVD for 28pence, the delivery was about 4 pounds but I didnt mind. Just need to hack my DVD player to be region free otherwise I use my portable DVD player.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Die Hard, Pulp Fiction or True Romance - a bit weird for feel good films I suspect but love the one liners and black humour.
One of the best lines has to be
"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf****r, say what one more Goddamn time! " delivered by Samuel Jackson - makes me laugh out loud every single time
Old May 8th 2012, 5:59 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing if I could buy Little House on the Prairie - wonder if that is on DVD, I loved watching that.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PENNY45
Die Hard, Pulp Fiction or True Romance - a bit weird for feel good films I suspect but love the one liners and black humour.
One of the best lines has to be
"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf****r, say what one more Goddamn time! " delivered by Samuel Jackson - makes me laugh out loud every single time

Have to agree with you - I adore Tarantino movies......

Oh and for the comedy (as I mentioned on FB today) Peter Kay. I am now on the look out for the box collection (cheap) of only fools and horses.

I am committed to spending the rest of my years trying to change my BF's sense of humour - to pommify him !
Old May 8th 2012, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I have just been on Amazon.co.uk to order some DVDs, I find stuff quite expensive here so tend to get them second hand from Amazon.

Just managed to get 'Drop Dead Fred' - I love that film, so childish but funny - makes me laugh every time. I also ordered 'Paper Mask' with Paul McCann - rather wooden acting but the storyline is a bit freaky.

Got both of them including delivery for $18 - I get most of my DVDs from this supplier on Amazon.

I also love 'Toys', 'Big', 'Flight of the Navigator' - all the kids ones you may notice.

What are your 'feel good' films, something you watch to cheery yourself up and where do you get them from?
I totally agree with buying DVDs from Amazon. I bought my partner a boxed DVD set at xmas, would have cost $115 here in Australia, I got it for 24 pounds (approx $35-$40), and once I had placed the order they sent me an email saying that because there had been a price reduction since my order was placed they would be refunding 5 pounds, so all up it cost me 19 pounds (less than $30) and the aussie retailers wonder why we choose to shop abroad!
Old May 8th 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear

Oh and for the comedy (as I mentioned on FB today) Peter Kay. I am now on the look out for the box collection (cheap) of only fools and horses.

I am committed to spending the rest of my years trying to change my BF's sense of humour - to pommify him !
I have Phoenix Nights, Max and Paddys Road to Nowhere, That Peter Kay Thing and Special Kay, oh yes and 'Britains got the Pop factor'

Love his stuff.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

That takes me back ... Phoebe Cates ... Corrrrrr

My Feel Good Films That Never Fail - Life Of Brian, Withnail And I, Most Carry Ons, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Still Crazy, Spinal Tap, The Big Lebowski, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (talking of taking you back to being a kid)

Upbeat TV Shows On DVD - Green Wing, Spaced, Black Books, Father Ted, The Mighty Boosh, and Charlie Brooker's screenwipe/newswipe stuff

Where do I get them from? All over the place.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie Does Dallas never fails to cheer me up. Debbie Does Denver was good too but Debbie Does Darwin wasn't so hot.
Old May 8th 2012, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim
That takes me back ... Phoebe Cates ... Corrrrrr

My Feel Good Films That Never Fail - Life Of Brian, Withnail And I, Most Carry Ons, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Still Crazy, Spinal Tap, The Big Lebowski, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (talking of taking you back to being a kid)

Upbeat TV Shows On DVD - Green Wing, Spaced, Black Books, Father Ted, The Mighty Boosh, and Charlie Brooker's screenwipe/newswipe stuff

Where do I get them from? All over the place.
I love Carry On Films, Carry on Camping is funny and the Carry on Doctor/Nurse/Matron. Good old Babs Windsor!
Old May 8th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear

Only Fools & Horses is fab. I was talking to an Aussie mate about it and she'd never heard of it - I thought it would have been shown here.

For a quick laugh during the day I listen to James Naughtie getting Jeremy Hunt's name wrong! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpNravrwZc.
or Brian Johnson laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k0qZDdfvZk.
Cannot fail to laugh.
Old May 8th 2012, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know people still watched them.

DVD's are so 20th Centuary PP,..... Dont you do streaming ?

I honestly have chucked all my DVD players. Only got an Xbox and PS3 now... and never watch DVD's on those either.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I didnt know people still watched them.

DVD's are so 20th Centuary PP,..... Dont you do streaming ?

I honestly have chucked all my DVD players. Only got an Xbox and PS3 now... and never watch DVD's on those either.
Im quite happy with my DVDs for now, I have my little portable DVD player which I take away with me.

Guess if I could afford to do it via streaming and get an Xbox then I would but for now Im quite happy.
Old May 9th 2012, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Im quite happy with my DVDs for now, I have my little portable DVD player which I take away with me.

Guess if I could afford to do it via streaming and get an Xbox then I would but for now Im quite happy.

Really enjoyed Red Dog and The Help.

Reason I dont like DVD's is my kids tend to wreck em. I was over them years back, when I used to regularly find them playing side down on the floor in their bedrooms. Doesn't seem to happen with my sons PS3 or Xbox games ....

All you need, to replace DVD's is a Media Player, which is smaller than a DVD player, (WDHDTV etc) and a Smart phone or something else with memory... like a USB stick. No good for camping I will admit, then a laptop will do the job.

Dont think I've ever lost a digitally stored Movie... I've lost dozens of DVD's. Thats just my reason though. Plus I really hate old technology. .... Caviet except for Vinyl records which are superior in reproduction to Digital.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.