British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Fabby News!!! Child Emigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fabby-news-child-emigration-522375/)

Sally Simpson Apr 4th 2008 6:40 am

Re: Fabby News!!! Child Emigration

sounds like a fab trip & hopefully will settle the girls anxieties a lot!:)

JenniGee Apr 8th 2008 9:14 am

OH heard from ACS today, only five weeks from the day we sent our application from the UK

He passed :thumbsup:

He's got the MODL points too :thumbsup:

Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

Very many thanks to our agent George (send him victorious) Lombard who steered us through the murky waters...

OH did his degree many moons ago in Ireland & he had been self-employed for years. We needed accountant's references & there was all sorts of messing about with putting together technical references from ex-clients who wanted to retain their confidentiality.

George explained to us exactly how to go about getting what was needed (despite the fact he had to save my emails until the end of the day, when he would be able to partake of a drop of the hard stuff before tackling our case)
& he got us through, despite the odds being stacked against us

Thank you BE for the encouragement I've had from you all, but most of all thank you George, who I recommend without hesitation.

Now... does anyone reckon George can deal with my ex :eek::eek::eek:

Off2Oz Apr 8th 2008 9:19 am

Originally Posted by JenniGee (Post 6176874)
OH heard from ACS today, only five weeks from the day we sent our application from the UK

He passed :thumbsup:

He's got the MODL points too :thumbsup:

Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

Very many thanks to our agent George (send him victorious) Lombard who steered us through the murky waters...

OH did his degree many moons ago in Ireland & he had been self-employed for years. We needed accountant's references & there was all sorts of messing about with putting together technical references from ex-clients who wanted to retain their confidentiality.

George explained to us exactly how to go about getting what was needed (despite the fact he had to save my emails until the end of the day, when he would be able to partake of a drop of the hard stuff before tackling our case)
& he got us through, despite the odds being stacked against us

Thank you BE for the encouragement I've had from you all, but most of all thank you George, who I recommend without hesitation.

Now... does anyone reckon George can deal with my ex :eek::eek::eek:

YAY. Congratulations.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope the rest of the visa process goes well for you.

Sally Simpson Apr 8th 2008 10:19 am

Congrats Jen, great news:thumbsup:
And yeah, I reckon George could deal with most things!;)

smiling4 Apr 8th 2008 10:24 am

Jen that's fab....many congrats....xx

wish ours could be sorted out bloomin' tra!!! and my ex - maybe he could start a new agency for that too!!!
:lol:
Ems x

NikiL Apr 8th 2008 3:43 pm

Congrats to you both!!!!!

You get one bit of good news and it starts a run of it :thumbsup: Long may it continue :D

JenniGee Aug 1st 2008 8:00 am

Blimey!!! It's been ages since I had anything to put on this thread :o

If you've been reading my other thread "Crap News", you'll know that life hasn't been a bed of roses recently, but at last we have something good to share with you....

There's work on the horizon for OH :thumbsup::wub::thumbsup:

There's been much exchanging of emails these last few days, as I was pestering OH to at least get a bit of feedback from employers in Oz, so that we could explain to the judge that we couldn't get a job offer until we have the visa....

Boy was I wrong!!!

Apparently he is very much sought after in his field, so it looks like his services have been reserved by a great company in Melbourne, who are very happy to pay him 30% more than what we were hoping for & also will wait for him until we get there :D

I need a cup of tea!!!

Fly Away Aug 1st 2008 9:54 am

Great news Jen!!!!:thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Aug 3rd 2008 4:53 pm

That is great news JenniGee!:thumbsup:

When are you off on your hols?