British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Fabby News!!! Child Emigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fabby-news-child-emigration-522375/)

JenniGee Mar 17th 2008 12:56 pm

Fabby News!!! Child Emigration

As an antidote to my other ongoing diatribe of doom & torment, I have decided to start this thread up so that I have something positive to read when things are utterly beyond the limits of human endurance :thumbsup:

So kicking off this morning, I have received brilliant news in the form of an email from our wonderful agent George of Lombard (hallowed be his name)

The situation is really good: We can lodge the visa application & we will receive all our points, it won't matter about birthdays & the ACS will not expire at all for however long it takes out to sort the RFTJ.

In fact, he says he has NEVER known a visa refused because of child custody issues...... so we've got lots to be smiling about today :thumbsup:

*sprinkling-confetti-JenniGee*

Icarus Mar 17th 2008 12:57 pm

Re: Fabby News!!! Child Emigration

Originally Posted by JenniGee (Post 6073827)
As an antidote to my other ongoing diatribe of doom & torment, I have decided to start this thread up so that I have something positive to read when things are utterly beyond the limits of human endurance :thumbsup:

So kicking off this morning, I have received brilliant news in the form of an email from our wonderful agent George of Lombard (hallowed be his name)

The situation is really good: We can lodge the visa application & we will receive all our points, it won't matter about birthdays & the ACS will not expire at all for however long it takes out to sort the RFTJ.

In fact, he says he has NEVER known a visa refused because of child custody issues...... so we've got lots to be smiling about today :thumbsup:

Fab news Jen :thumbsup: just what we need to start the week off

asher Mar 17th 2008 12:58 pm

That is fantastic news, it makes up for some of the bad times you have been through

http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/4.gif

Sam Mar 17th 2008 12:59 pm

Good news Jen :thumbsup:

sme Mar 17th 2008 1:03 pm

Glad to read that :thumbup:

Sparky wife Mar 17th 2008 1:22 pm

That's great news JenniGee! :) :)

Off2Oz Mar 17th 2008 2:51 pm

Good news. :D

Keep smiling.

Jasonmb Mar 17th 2008 5:37 pm

Great news Jen:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Mar 17th 2008 5:39 pm

Great to hear you sounding so much more positive Jen:thumbsup:

NikiL Mar 17th 2008 6:55 pm

Cannot tell you how delighted I am to hear that - it gives you the breathing space to get things sorted out without it being timebound :thumbsup: and you never know, its always possible that time may come sooner than you think (she says hoping like hell it does!)

Glad to hear you on an upbeat note, you were long overdue some good news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

the4ofus Mar 17th 2008 6:57 pm

Keep positive Jeni, it'll all work out in the end :thumbsup:

Lynn xx

Fly Away Mar 17th 2008 7:06 pm

Good news G!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought this must be the case, but great to hear an agent confirm it.:thumbsup: Just get that application in and the clock stops.:thumbsup:

Hope you can stay positive and try and remember what George said about cases not failing on custody issues. In fact, print it out and stick it to you fridge!:thumbsup:

smiling4 Mar 17th 2008 7:11 pm

Jen that is fab news - Mr Lombard doing well again!!! It certainly brings a smile to my face reading the NEVER known - I know read yesterday that you can apply and it can be put on hold whilst you get everything sorted this will be of great help to us too, as when we evventually get going we will battle against time as OH will be 45 in 2009.

Take care and have a drink hun - really pleased for you! Ems x

Timber Floor Au Mar 17th 2008 7:51 pm

Blinking Vunderbar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank Gawd someat positive is happening for you guys :)

Ste

JenniGee Mar 17th 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks again everyone. It's true to say that I wouldn't still be here without you all :)

One of the unexpected nice things to come out of this is that the parentage rang up to say how pleased they were with the way we're handling things, that they're with us 100% & anything at all they can do to help, just shout :)

That's about the first time for at least 15 years they've ever agreed with anything I've done :ohmy:

In fact I think they never really spoke to me properly since I had my red mohican. Jeeze I must be getting respectable if my parents approve of me!!!