Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The End of the World - Dec 2012 (yeah right!)

The End of the World - Dec 2012 (yeah right!)

Old Nov 28th 2012, 1:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool The End of the World - Dec 2012 (yeah right!)

Dad called me last night and was talking about the 'end of the world' next month and how 'all the religious sites' were predicting it so it must be true.

I have also heard other people going on about it and they are genuinely concerned. This makes laugh because I for one dont really give a monkeys to be honest and don't believe in stuff like that.

Do you believe in all of this, I mean really? Because some people do.

But then some of my more religious friends that do believe this will happen, also believe in 'childrens limbo' where if kids are not baptised they dont go to 'heaven' just childrens limbo.

Oh dear, religion has a lot to answer for.

I shall pray for my soul and yours as well but in the meantime, I shall do naughty bad things like eat chocolate and drink energy drinks.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The End of the World - Dec 2012 (yeah right!)

Not bothered, I've already built a spaceship just in case.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Not bothered, I've already built a spaceship just in case.
I might just build an arc as I seem to be a bit of an animal magnet, in case your spaceship fails, Ill come floating by and pick you up.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:23 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Dad called me last night and was talking about the 'end of the world' next month and how 'all the religious sites' were predicting it so it must be true.

I have also heard other people going on about it and they are genuinely concerned. This makes laugh because I for one dont really give a monkeys to be honest and don't believe in stuff like that.

But then some of my more religious friends that do believe this will happen, also believe in 'childrens limbo' where if kids are not baptised they dont go to 'heaven' just childrens limbo.

Oh dear, religion has a lot to answer for.

I shall pray for my soul and yours as well but in the meantime, I shall do naughty bad things like eat chocolate and drink energy drinks.
Nope, don't believe in it and let's face it, if it IS true, we ain't gonna be here so does it really matter?

As for 'limbo' well, that's me and the kids done for then. So best I make the most of being bad eh Religion does have a lot to answer for, but isn't it really the interpretation of those religions that is the problem? Hence why you get some many denominations based on the same principal. Extremes through to moderates, all reading the same text, just interpreting them differently.

The only thing i believe in is Father Christmas. He IS real and he DOES fly a sleigh
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

....some of my more religious friends that do believe this will happen, also believe in 'childrens limbo' where if kids are not baptised they dont go to 'heaven'
I thought even the Pope had given up on believing in limbo.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

monkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud of

Anyone who believes this stuff is both ignorant and deluded.
Maybe learning a bit about the Mayans would clear up the confusion but would obviously involve making an effort rather than just reading some nonsense of the internet.
No offence to your dad like....
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:01 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

No. It's just another form of insane millenarianism clung to by sad, lonely people who have nothing else in their lives. They're already backing out of Dec 21 2012 now, because they know it's obviously not going to be the end of the world, and they've invented another date off the tops of their heads - 2019. This is just so they can have something to think about for another seven years.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by monkeyalan
Anyone who believes this stuff is both ignorant and deluded.
Maybe learning a bit about the Mayans would clear up the confusion but would obviously involve making an effort rather than just reading some nonsense of the internet.
No offence to your dad like....
I just laughed and said I didnt really give a toss which was probably the wrong thing to do as he looked crestfallen (I was talking to him on Face time)

Wasnt it meant to be the end of the world in 1999 or something? Cant really remember.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I've rethought my original post. I do actually care if the world was to end next month. I wouldn't see the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad. Actually, if something was to happen to Vince Gilligan or to Bryan Cranston in the next 6 or 7 months, then it might as well be the end of the world. They should be protected by every military force on the planet and prayed for by all religious denominations to ensure the show gets completed and fully aired.

Maybe thats what your dad was talking about?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I've rethought my original post. I do actually care if the world was to end next month. I wouldn't see the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad. Actually, if something was to happen to Vince Gilligan or to Bryan Cranston in the next 6 or 7 months, then it might as well be the end of the world. They should be protected by every military force on the planet and prayed for by all religious denominations to ensure the show gets completed and fully aired.

Maybe thats what your dad was talking about?
I dont know but I will also be pissed because we become citizens on Australia Day so I dont want to miss it.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:32 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
No. It's just another form of insane millenarianism clung to by sad, lonely people who have nothing else in their lives. They're already backing out of Dec 21 2012 now, because they know it's obviously not going to be the end of the world, and they've invented another date off the tops of their heads - 2019. This is just so they can have something to think about for another seven years.
eejits.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
eejits.
I think we should have an 'end of the world cyber party' - we can all celebrate it, get drunk, be rude and argue.

Oh we do that anyway

Anyway, assuming that I will go to heaven because I am mostly good , I am also assuming that I can still watch Eastenders and eat bananas.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:38 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should have an 'end of the world cyber party' - we can all celebrate it, get drunk, be rude and argue.

Oh we do that anyway

Anyway, assuming that I will go to heaven because I am mostly good , I am also assuming that I can still watch Eastenders and eat bananas.
Go bananas more like

I confess, I though the world might be coming to an end the other day when the fire was heading this way.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:39 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
eejits.
Personally I go with Brian Cox's view of them :

"the 2012 end of the world stuff is a steaming pile of turd, and if you believe it u r a nobber - that's my considered view"
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Whats a nobber?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.