Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

End of the world anyone?

End of the world anyone?

Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of the world anyone?

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
I'm off to get the popcorn...
*sits back to watch the ensuing fruitless debate*

FWIW, I do believe in climate change but the article does seem a bit one-sided... The planet has gone through many cycles of climate change before and will go through many more most likely. However, we are certainly doing nothing to slow it down. We're probably even helping to speed it up, which does not really seem in our best interest.
Hey, I'm all for reducing our impact on the environment, consuming less and all that. That has to be a good thing.

It's just in my average day I have plenty of other things to care about. I'll happily 'do my bit' as I go about my business. The trick is to get the major players in all this to do their bit too, not just have joe blow carry the can for their business decisions.

Sometimes these issues can be just banners that all kinds of dodgy decisions are supposedly justified by and that I am wary of.

All of a sudden if you voice your concern about the process you are 'hurting the planet'. It becomes a black and white thing due to the hysteria that is generated.

Now, back to the name calling, whose Mama is what now?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:14 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Stage 1: Climate Change isn't happening
Stage 2: Well, maybe it is, but its not manmade
Stage 3: Well maybe it is manmade, but there is nothing little old me can do about it
Stage 4: Oh sh*t, maybe I have to take responsibility.

Sounds like DeadVim and Amazulu have moved on a stage since the last go around on this. Well done. IIRC Renth was at stage 1 - has he moved on as well?

Personally I'm at Stage 5: There's no way the general populous is going to move far or fast enough to avert runaway. We're *****ed.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Oh look, a bunch of right wing zealots decrying an article on what the evidence says will happen, is happening; you know, facts and stuff. All because they don't want to accept the consequences of their actions.
"Some of them do, but they don't care," he says. "Or they don't think about it. Australians have a hard time imagining the future will be any different than the present."
DeadVim, Amzulu and Renth, the three dumb monkeys of the apocalypse.
Add eddie to the dumb monkies of the apocolypse....

three types of lies... lies. damned lies and statistics...

Look what that prat did to MMR in the general population... took years to have him discredited... during which time children die or are disabled for life due to simple childhood illnesses..

Evidence?

Global warming is a THEORY.... There's not a law of global warming...

And anyway... unless you get the major contributors on board there's nowt that can be done anyway
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Stage 3: Well maybe it is manmade, but there is nothing little old me can do about it

Sounds like DeadVim and Amazulu have moved on a stage since the last go around on this. Well done. IIRC Renth was at stage 1 - has he moved on as well?

Personally I'm at Stage 5: There's no way the general populous is going to move far or fast enough to avert runaway. We're *****ed.
Climate change is ALWAYS happening, obviously. Never been man made before has it. What makes you think it's manmade this time?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:11 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Climate change is certainly happening and if human activity isn't causing it its certainly accelerating it. 99% of the world's scientists not employed by Koch carbon think so and are giving guidance to the world's governments who have to plan as if it is a fact regardless of their right wing tight purse string stance. If, by some fluke, the last twenty years of modeling is all a massive conspiracy to make Aussies pay a bit more tax and in fact greenhouse gases, chopping down of rainforests and killing off oceans (also carbon sinks) are good things then I'm happy to look a bit silly.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:13 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Global warming is a THEORY.... There's not a law of global warming...
Originally Posted by bingobob777
Climate change is ALWAYS happening, obviously. Never been man made before has it. What makes you think it's manmade this time?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:18 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to the list of monkeys please. I'd hate to left out.

Time for a "She'll be right".
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, the approval I have been craving.

What other teachings do you have for us master?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

When calculating carbon emmissions per capita do they include:

tobacco?
drugs?
bush fires?
cane burning?
property fires?
backyard bonfires?
fireworks?
flares?
chemical reactions?
matches?
solid fuel cooking appliances?
effigy and flag burning?
fuel imports?
fuel exports?
volcanoes?

Just wondered.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Is this the end?
Attached Thumbnails End of the world anyone?-downtheshitter.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:04 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Bix
When calculating carbon emmissions per capita do they include:

tobacco?
drugs?
bush fires?
cane burning?
property fires?
backyard bonfires?
fireworks?
flares?
chemical reactions?
matches?
solid fuel cooking appliances?
effigy and flag burning?
fuel imports?
fuel exports?
volcanoes?

Just wondered.
I'm only mowing twice a month, that's my contribution.

I have a Sid James t-shirt on by the way ... That isn't a bizarre chat-room turn-on, just a statement of fact.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:04 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by deb68
Is this the end?
That's what you get if you buy everything 'Australian Made'.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'm only mowing twice a month, that's my contribution.

I have a Sid James t-shirt on by the way ... That isn't a bizarre chat-room turn-on, just a statement of fact.
Sorry, I thought you said you're only Moving twice a month ... I was about to recommend seeing your GP and perhaps some laxatives...
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Haha.

I have no t-shirt on but I think it's due to global warming.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.