End of an Era

Old Dec 5th 2014, 12:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of an Era

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So, nearly 15 years ago, 2 British Expats named Sue and Paul, living in the US, decided to start a forum for people like themselves, Brits away from home.
Years later that forum has grown to be a worldwide community, and has led to people meeting up, forming deep friendships and in some cases even getting married, while the online forum itself just goes from strength to strength.

But now the captain of our ship has decided she wants to spend more time chilling out, and working on other projects, and so is handing over the helm of BE to someone else.

So firstly, lets all raise our glasses to Sue - and to Paul - for giving us this amazing resource, and for running it with a fair hand. The real Sue is as lovely a person as the online Sue, she's a dear friend of mine, and I hope she stays around as promised, even though she wil no longer be in charge.

Secondly, a toast and many wishes of Good Luck to BEVS, another great friend of mine, who is taking over at the beginning of December, and to whom all comments, complaints and compliments about the site should be sent in future

The Queen is abdicating , may the new Queen reign as well as her predecessor!
Seconded.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sue, and Paul. Sue hats off to you, you've done a fantastic job with this forum and I in particular have appreciated your honest and fair insight.

Best forum owner I've had any dealings with, certainly seemed to understand me at my crusading worst.

Thanks and best of luck.

Old Dec 5th 2014, 12:48 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Sue and Paul...

I've not been around here much in recent years, but it was great to be in BE from the start in the years when I needed it most... Good luck in your new adventures... :-)
Old Dec 5th 2014, 2:03 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. It's folks like you that have kept me around all these years
Old Dec 8th 2014, 8:28 am
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sue who?

Old Dec 8th 2014, 12:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Who said that. Anybody there?
Old Dec 9th 2014, 4:05 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Who said that. Anybody there?
No, vacant!