Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Emirates and baggage

Emirates and baggage

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates and baggage

ok...I know I leave things while the last minute but......I have just squashed shut my suitcase and then checked the baggage allowance...I was confused with what it said on the web site - some places it says 20k and others 32 - so i phoned and they said '20 k' - so now I have to get someone to bring me another hand luggage bag so i can unpack some stuff from case and place into hand luggage.

Does 20 k sound right tho? I thought it should have been 32k myself
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:07 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Emirates and baggage

Originally Posted by sasbear
ok...I know I leave things while the last minute but......I have just squashed shut my suitcase and then checked the baggage allowance...I was confused with what it said on the web site - some places it says 20k and others 32 - so i phoned and they said '20 k' - so now I have to get someone to bring me another hand luggage bag so i can unpack some stuff from case and place into hand luggage.

sounds right to me
20k is the usual allowed for economy international flights (don't know if Emirates is any different)
they also usually limit hand luggage to one piece only weighing 5k, so be careful
if you have a ticket it will probably say on there
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear

Hi. On the Emirates web site it clearly states 20kg. where did you get 32 from?

Having just checked the web site again, you may have been getting confused where it said "32kg baggage limit". This is the aboslute maximum that a bag can weigh, due to health and safety issues, but you would also still be liable for excess baggage charges if you exceed 20kg.

Last edited by sassie; Apr 3rd 2007 at 1:56 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi. On the Emirates web site it clearly states 20kg. where did you get 32 from?

Having just checked the web site again, you may have been getting confused where it said "32kg baggage limit". This is the aboslute maximum that a bag can weigh, due to health and safety issues, but you would also still be liable for excess baggage charges if you exceed 20kg.

Yeah that's the part I read - about 32 being the limit - but thought it was free baggage -so would prob have to pay the extra - am waiting for hubby to arrive here at work with case so I can unpack a few items