Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Emergency - Roast Chook please...

Emergency - Roast Chook please...

Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emergency - Roast Chook please...

Give me a recipe for something I can stuff in a chook whilst it cooks. I have garlic, lemon, salt and pepper, rosemary etc...

no sage, mince, or leaves to hand..so I can't make a traditional stuffing...

I'll be covering the skin with butter, salt and pepper.

Thankyou..
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emergency - Roast Chook please...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Give me a recipe for something I can stuff in a chook whilst it cooks. I have garlic, lemon, salt and pepper, rosemary etc...

Thankyou..
ahh..bread crumbs, and an onion...I can bung it all in..
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I don't ever do stuffing.

Mix up some butter with garlic and chopped up rosemary (or thyme or whatever you've got). Make a pocket under the skin on the breast of the chicken and squish the butter mix over the meat. You can also put some under the skin of the drumsticks.

Smear any left over butter over the top. Can cut the lemon in quarters and stuff it inside. Then just cook as normal.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou..
How about instead of bread crumbs or cubes using cooked rice? Mix white and wild rice with chopped onion, some ground pepper, maybe some herbs and stuff with that.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Weird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really nice

Probably too late, but apple, celery, onion, choice of dried herbs if you have any, with breadcrumbs and egg.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Weird Fish
Probably too late, but apple, celery, onion, choice of dried herbs if you have any, with breadcrumbs and egg.
Originally Posted by Dorothy
How about instead of bread crumbs or cubes using cooked rice? Mix white and wild rice with chopped onion, some ground pepper, maybe some herbs and stuff with that.
Originally Posted by NickyC
I don't ever do stuffing.

Mix up some butter with garlic and chopped up rosemary (or thyme or whatever you've got). Make a pocket under the skin on the breast of the chicken and squish the butter mix over the meat. You can also put some under the skin of the drumsticks.

Smear any left over butter over the top. Can cut the lemon in quarters and stuff it inside. Then just cook as normal.
I did the butter and lemon trick. Thanks all!!! Browning it now, and I've hoped to take this one to the 'next level'..for Mrs B...
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I did the butter and lemon trick. Thanks all!!! Browning it now, and I've hoped to take this one to the 'next level'..for Mrs B...
I'm sure she will love it no matter what you did. Don't forget to peel some spuds and maybe have some fresh veg for her, too.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm sure she will love it no matter what you did. Don't forget to peel some spuds and maybe have some fresh veg for her, too.
She came in and did the spuds. It was nice, golden brown - I turned it up the last 15mins.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

She came in and did the spuds. It was nice, golden brown - I turned it up the last 15mins.
Dont forget to pour her a nice glass of white wineserious brownie points
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Dont forget to pour her a nice glass of white wineserious brownie points
Considering that she was off living the high life, and I had the kids, I reckon she should pour me one....
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that she was off living the high life, and I had the kids, I reckon she should pour me one....
Im sure she will spoil you later.Its amazing what a kind gesture gets you.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Im sure she will spoil you later.Its amazing what a kind gesture gets you.
You know, doing my bit is my job - not really a gesture. When she cooks, I clean the kitchen. I've made treacle and chocolate puddings for her because we both like them.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know, doing my bit is my job - not really a gesture. When she cooks, I clean the kitchen. I've made treacle and chocolate puddings for her because we both like them.
well done,good team work.We do they same(most time)