Dropped The Price

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dropped The Price

We spent 7 hard years and a lot of money renovating (EVERYTHING new and all that was original was the bricks and floorboard joists!!) our old house in the UK only to have to sell for £30k under valuation as we HAD to get goin! ...

Wishing you the BEST of luck! ... I know how you feel!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kendalanita
We're in same boat, fly out on Saturday, having to leave house here on the market, great fun trying to find money to run two houses! What can you do? Will leave it on the market till late summer and if no joy will have to pull it off and put some tenants in as it's gonna cost more in rental out there than what I can get for my stunning house here in the lake district - no justice!
can you keep your house in UK , it sounds beautiful, and you have something to go back to if you don't like oz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I hope that it sells really soon. I am dreading the time when we have to sell our house. I think it is going to be a bit of a nightmare.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Officially been on the market for 12 months now
Knocked £40k off the original asking price......had a few viewers but no offers.
Can't afford to go any lower so praying it sells soon
Good luck to everyone still waiting to sell,
Beth x x
Oh Beth, gotta luv ya !!

I would be pulling my eye lashes out if I were in your position but you seem to be holding up great. I really hope you get a buyer soon, you damn deserve it !!

Donna.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:40 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Oh Beth, gotta luv ya !!

I would be pulling my eye lashes out if I were in your position but you seem to be holding up great. I really hope you get a buyer soon, you damn deserve it !!

Donna.
Thanks hun.......it's certainly been a long year for us....LOL
Beth x x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:43 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Buyers market. Harsh reality is that no matter how "lovely" your house is all the potential buyer is looking at is getting the biggest discount. With the money saved they can make the house as "lovely" as they want. Not sure EA's can do that much. They cant force a person to buy. Think of it like this People get very aware of their cash when the market is in free fall. Its all about every pound they can save. When the market is rising they will spend anything just wanting to get on the ladder.

There was a poster on here, year ago I think they post on the NZ forum now, called wheelsofsteel see if you can find some of his posts - he knew his stuff big time about houses. You may find some info there to help
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:01 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

We're still here..12 months on....

blar

blar

blar
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:02 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
We're still here..12 months on....

blar

blar

blar
Ditto
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Least I'm already out here... if worse comes to worse we can forget it and rent it out.... would rather sell it, but hey ho!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:28 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hiya donna

we are really pi**ed off with everything that involves the house just like you. we have reduced and are thinking of reducing again in two weeks when the new EA puts the house back on the market. its so frustrating:curse:
I am sick to death of answering the same question every monday morning "any viewers, any luck over the weekend". i know that people are genuinley interested but I feel like telling them to f**k off
good luck
bec
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by egghead4
hiya donna

we are really pi**ed off with everything that involves the house just like you. we have reduced and are thinking of reducing again in two weeks when the new EA puts the house back on the market. its so frustrating:curse:
I am sick to death of answering the same question every monday morning "any viewers, any luck over the weekend". i know that people are genuinley interested but I feel like telling them to f**k off
good luck
bec
Hiya Bec,

I really can understand your frustrations, I feel TOTALLY the same :curse:

I too am sick of hearing 'Since Your Property Has Been On The Market, 65 People Have Requested Details !' bla bla bla, stop quoting figures and do your job !!

Since my property has been on the market, I have had to ring the agent 4 TIMES to tell them that the details on the web are WRONG, and low and behold, our house is in the local paper this week with the new price and the details have gone back to the old ones

What the f**k do we pay these d**kh**ds for, 1.25% for the shear fun of it !! I could spend that money on getting my dog to Oz or paying my car off.

Arseholes !!

Hang in Becs, good luck to all those waiting (especially Beth !!) and those who have sold .

Donna.