British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Dropped The Price (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/dropped-price-524650/)

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 7:32 pm

Dropped The Price

Hi All,

I know there is alot of us in the same boat regarding selling our houses and don't mean to whinge on about it but today we dropped our house price. Been on the market now for 7 weeks, no viewings and little interest :curse:

At what point do I have to think 'You Know What, We May Sell and Have NOTHING' !!

After 4 years of hard graft, £20k and alot of tears, there is NO WAY I will give this place up for nothing, we have done too much :cry_smile:

Come on buyers, you know you need somewhere to live with your loved ones !!!!

Donna.
x

jerzo Mar 26th 2008 7:35 pm

Re: Dropped The Price

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6115359)
Hi All,

I know there is alot of us in the same boat regarding selling our houses and don't mean to whinge on about it but today we dropped our house price. Been on the market now for 7 weeks, no viewings and little interest :curse:

At what point do I have to think 'You Know What, We May Sell and Have NOTHING' !!

After 4 years of hard graft, £20k and alot of tears, there is NO WAY I will give this place up for nothing, we have done too much :cry_smile:

Donna.
x

Wishing you lots of luck...all this media scaremongering aint helping:mad:

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jerzo (Post 6115372)
Wishing you lots of luck...all this media scaremongering aint helping:mad:

Tell me about it !!!!

Have you sold, waiting etc ?

Donna.

kendalanita Mar 26th 2008 7:43 pm

We're in same boat, fly out on Saturday, having to leave house here on the market, great fun trying to find money to run two houses! What can you do? Will leave it on the market till late summer and if no joy will have to pull it off and put some tenants in as it's gonna cost more in rental out there than what I can get for my stunning house here in the lake district - no justice!

cinderella Mar 26th 2008 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6115385)
Tell me about it !!!!

Have sold, waiting etc ?

Donna.

Where are you in Cheshire?

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 6115408)
Where are you in Cheshire?

From Middlewich but currently living in Crewe.

What about you ?

Donna.

grahampaula Mar 26th 2008 8:09 pm

Hi All,

Donna.
x

Hi Donna
As you said, there are loads on us in this boat, (I am sure it is going to sink soon if they add any more lol).
It is so frustrating, we have been on the market for about 15 months now :ohmy: We have had two sales fall through and have just recently changed agents. We have also reduced our asking price, twice :curse: and after all our efforts over the last four or five years, (tears, tantrums, mess, dust arghhhh) I feel the same as you.
What I do know is that nothing will stop us from living our dream so we will just have to ride out the waves on the boat for now.
Stay positive hun, I am a great believer in that saying, Good things come to those who wait. Unfortunately, we might just have to wait that little bit longer.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by grahampaula (Post 6115532)
Hi Donna
As you said, there are loads on us in this boat, (I am sure it is going to sink soon if they add any more lol).
It is so frustrating, we have been on the market for about 15 months now :ohmy: We have had two sales fall through and have just recently changed agents. We have also reduced our asking price, twice :curse: and after all our efforts over the last four or five years, (tears, tantrums, mess, dust arghhhh) I feel the same as you.
What I do know is that nothing will stop us from living our dream so we will just have to ride out the waves on the boat for now.
Stay positive hun, I am a great believer in that saying, Good things come to those who wait. Unfortunately, we might just have to wait that little bit longer.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Two sales !! Do you know why they fell through or just time wasters ?

I hope you get a buyer soon or as you say, we may sink :rofl: !!!

Trying our hardest to stay positive, hope we get all the answers we want soon !!

Good luck hun :wub:

Donna

grahampaula Mar 26th 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6115558)
Two sales !! Do you know why they fell through or just time wasters ?

I hope you get a buyer soon or as you say, we may sink :rofl: !!!

Trying our hardest to stay positive, hope we get all the answers we want soon !!

Good luck hun :wub:

Donna

One buyer pulled out when they found out someone else was interested and the other wanted to rent with a view to buy. Sent you some house selling karma!

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by grahampaula (Post 6115593)
One buyer pulled out when they found out someone else was interested and the other wanted to rent with a view to buy. Sent you some house selling karma!

Thanks Hun :wub:

You Too.

Donna.x

jerzo Mar 26th 2008 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6115385)
Tell me about it !!!!

Have you sold, waiting etc ?

Donna.

Hi Donna

We are not selling at the moment...we had a disaster..well disasters ..fell through twice:curse: sold all our things as we were nearly certain of nothing going wrong:ohmy:

WE were wrong...one day before signing the final documents:curse: it all fell through.Won't bore you with all the rest...lets just say people are amazed we still want to go!!!

All for a reason......apparently!!!

Good Luck to you .......Its a stressful business isn't it :blink:

Zoe x

DEEDEE01 Mar 26th 2008 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerzo (Post 6115665)
Hi Donna

We are not selling at the moment...we had a disaster..well disasters ..fell through twice:curse: sold all our things as we were nearly certain of nothing going wrong:ohmy: WE were wrong...one day before signing the final documents:curse: it all fell through.

All for a reason......apparently!!!

Good Luck to you .......Its a stressful business isn't it :blink:

Zoe x

Cheers Zoe,

Good luck to you too, hope things work out.

Good luck with baby number 5 !!!! I think this one will be a girl :wub: !!

Donna
x

jerzo Mar 26th 2008 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01 (Post 6115680)
Cheers Zoe,

Good luck to you too, hope things work out.

Good luck with baby number 5 !!!! I think this one will be a girl :wub: !!

Donna
x

You are right!!!!It is going to be a little girl:eek:

What a surprise!!!

Zoe xx

Kapri Mar 26th 2008 8:39 pm

Hi All,

Donna.
x

I'm feeling your pain Donna. We dropped our price a couple of times which was a bit gutting after all the work we put into the house.
Having said that - we have now accepted an offer and I feel very relieved (or at least I will do when we've signed on the dotted line :D)

Good luck :)

mark 'n' joe Mar 26th 2008 8:40 pm

Dont give up. 7 weeks isnt that long really and now that spring/summer is on its way hopefully it will pick up. We are putting ours up for sale next week:ohmy: I dont think the scaremongering is helping either. We have spent a lot of time and money on ours so theres no way we are giving it away. Keep your chin up. sending karma

Joex