Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

OK, I have been taking lesson (which seem like forever) to try and pass my test before we head back to Oz.

Why is it that as soon as my instructor tells me that he is going to do a mock test and gets his bit of paper out, I go to pot

Thought he'd say I was ready to take my test today but I made some silly mistakes so yet again, he said we will look at it in a couple of weeks.

I'm sooo cross with myself :curse:

Mandy
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:56 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
OK, I have been taking lesson (which seem like forever) to try and pass my test before we head back to Oz.

Why is it that as soon as my instructor tells me that he is going to do a mock test and gets his bit of paper out, I go to pot

Thought he'd say I was ready to take my test today but I made some silly mistakes so yet again, he said we will look at it in a couple of weeks.

Mandy
Know how you feel, as soon as the word test came up I usually did something really stupid, took me 3 goes to pass!! mainly because foot shook so much on clutch I kangaroo hopped!! failed to make progress.

The problem is you want it so much that nerves take over and you balls it

Try to forget the test bit or get him to do it every lesson so you get over your nerves

Good luck sending karma to help

Kim
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Mandy
Good luck Mrs in same boat has just booked test date for 17 May - my nerves are shot never mind hers

Bruce
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

My OH needs to learn to drive, but he thought it would be easier to learn when we get to Brisbane. What is the general concesus?, should he do a crash course now in London?, or wait? (ps. he already has a motorbike licence but has never wanted to learn to drive a car cos he says there are too many nutters on the road!!!!), so he is road savvy.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
My OH needs to learn to drive, but he thought it would be easier to learn when we get to Brisbane. What is the general concesus?, should he do a crash course now in London?, or wait? (ps. he already has a motorbike licence but has never wanted to learn to drive a car cos he says there are too many nutters on the road!!!!), so he is road savvy.
My mrs works in care homes and is more likely to get a job before me. Decided especially with the distances in Aus that arriving with a licence would be better than a possible struggle to get to work and a licence in a strange country.

Bruce
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I did take a lesson in Cairns and I also passed my Aussie theory test first time .

However, the instructor informed me that I had to be in the country 6 mths before being able to take my test. We unfortunately came home before the six mths. The only other way around that was proving you needed to drive for work, only then could you take your test before 6mths.

Thing is, I think it is my gear work that sometimes lets me down. Nice to know we will be driving an automatic in Oz probably

Mandy
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

When i took my test many years ago.I was that nervous that

i put the car in gear before i started the engine.I thought i failed because

of it. because of that i just drove around not bothered and i think thats

what helped me pass.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Driving lessons Grrrrrr!

Mandy
Just taken advice from the expert herself and she swears by something called
"Rescue remedy" (comes in a spray which goes on the tongue). Supposed to be good for calming the nerves, available from Holland and Barrett! (even mentions driving on the instructions).

Try it you never know

Bruce
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce67
"Rescue remedy" (comes in a spray which goes on the tongue). Supposed to be good for calming the nerves, available from Holland and Barrett! (even mentions driving on the instructions).

Try it you never know

Bruce
I also tryed it when we came over to oz as i was terrified of flying
I calmed me down. i has the drops it was cheeper.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:12 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce67

Try it you never know

Bruce
I would also recommend this, I brought some over for my sil to take before her motorbike test, she knew how to ride but would go to pieces when she was under scrutiny.

They worked and she passed first time.

Good luck with it, I shook so much on my first test I couldn't even open the car door

I passed the second one cos the testing officer said we were only going round the block till I calmed down he could see how worried I was

Shirley