down down down

Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default down down down

feeling extremely down today...

good news - house is finally on the market, been about 3 weeks, had 4 viewings i think in total so far, 1 offer (which we declined as was too low)

feeling-sorry-for-myself-news - exchange rate extremely low.. done quick calc today, even if we sell for what we want, we won't last more than 4 months without a job!!

sigh........ moaning over... hope those that sold... have a nice time in oz...
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Just Call Me Jack will become famous soon enoughJust Call Me Jack will become famous soon enough
Default Re: down down down

We know to expect them but we never realise how low the lows can be I had an extreme low yesterday/this morning as my mother is not happy at all about our move. Chin up! Just remind yourself why you are doing it. We have a friend who is going to 'house sit' for us and cover the interest payments, for 2 years, as the interest rates are bad. But hey, they could possibly go lower (maybe). It's swings and roundabouts. I'm sending my husband out ahead to stay with friends so that he can test the job market. If he gets a job, then it's full steam ahead. It does mean 3 months apart but that's 12 weeks and I have a good network of friends. Just make sure you get some good financial advice and use someone like Halo Financial to do your Foreign Exchange. Good Luck! If you need help selling your house (depending on where you are) perhaps I could offer some advice. I have done House Staging in the past!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ice mocha
feeling extremely down today...

good news - house is finally on the market, been about 3 weeks, had 4 viewings i think in total so far, 1 offer (which we declined as was too low)

feeling-sorry-for-myself-news - exchange rate extremely low.. done quick calc today, even if we sell for what we want, we won't last more than 4 months without a job!!

sigh........ moaning over... hope those that sold... have a nice time in oz...
Hi, your situation is normal. Try and think half full instead of half empty, I know its hard, at at times you have to dig really deep.

We have just sold after 2 years on the market, it has been a hell of a journey and still not out of the woods yet. Have IELTS to sit regardless of having visa for over 2 years. More hoops to jump through.

I have had really down days in the last 2 years where I have questioned every aspect of our move. I always come back to the gut feeling its the right thing to do, what WE want to do. These feelings may take a day, weeks and sometimes months. But we I have always come out positive again.

Don't be hard on yourself, ifs its a crap day, its a crap day and that's fine.
Good luck with the house selling, karma on its way

Take Care

C x
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Just Call Me Jack
We know to expect them but we never realise how low the lows can be I had an extreme low yesterday/this morning as my mother is not happy at all about our move. Chin up! Just remind yourself why you are doing it. We have a friend who is going to 'house sit' for us and cover the interest payments, for 2 years, as the interest rates are bad. But hey, they could possibly go lower (maybe). It's swings and roundabouts. I'm sending my husband out ahead to stay with friends so that he can test the job market. If he gets a job, then it's full steam ahead. It does mean 3 months apart but that's 12 weeks and I have a good network of friends. Just make sure you get some good financial advice and use someone like Halo Financial to do your Foreign Exchange. Good Luck! If you need help selling your house (depending on where you are) perhaps I could offer some advice. I have done House Staging in the past!
thanks so much!! its not a problem "selling" the house just when! we've had LOTS of positive feedbacks from all the viewings, but all these people are downsizing but still expecting the same space for the money!?!? im not sure i understand their thinking, but hey ho...

i've thought about just 1 of us go over and find job... but OH has not agreed on that one LOL
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

thanks so much!! its not a problem "selling" the house just when! we've had LOTS of positive feedbacks from all the viewings, but all these people are downsizing but still expecting the same space for the money!?!? im not sure i understand their thinking, but hey ho...

i've thought about just 1 of us go over and find job... but OH has not agreed on that one LOL
I tried the same move..I go get a job, find a home or vice versa.....but OH will not fly on her own with the boys so I would have to fly back to drug her, coz of the fear of flying, and organise the move. Easier to do it all together.
Down times are hard but believe me the end result and life will make up for it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck and stay positive. Always here if ya need to moan xxx
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi, your situation is normal. Try and think half full instead of half empty, I know its hard, at at times you have to dig really deep.

We have just sold after 2 years on the market, it has been a hell of a journey and still not out of the woods yet. Have IELTS to sit regardless of having visa for over 2 years. More hoops to jump through.

I have had really down days in the last 2 years where I have questioned every aspect of our move. I always come back to the gut feeling its the right thing to do, what WE want to do. These feelings may take a day, weeks and sometimes months. But we I have always come out positive again.

Don't be hard on yourself, ifs its a crap day, its a crap day and that's fine.
Good luck with the house selling, karma on its way

Take Care

C x
thanks
i keep questioning myself every day too... i guess this is normal then!!

it is really hard to keep positive when every step we take forward, we're taking 2 backwards..
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:51 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
i keep questioning myself every day too... i guess this is normal then!!

it is really hard to keep positive when every step we take forward, we're taking 2 backwards..
Not easy. Try to live in the now and don't let your plans hold you back from enjoying life just now. It will help.