Doing "That" trip

Old Nov 29th 2015, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doing "That" trip

Sadly have to go to the UK in a few hours, I dont want to bang on about it. My Mother unexpectedly died 2 days ago. She had a great innings and we all thought it would be my Father that went first. Luckily for her, she did and she went quickly and without pain.... Well except for the rest of us. But in hindsight this is probably a good outcome from her point of view.

Still just two things I'd like please and fairly quickly... bits of info. How to I get from terminal 3 at LHR to Terminal 5 as I'm going from London to Manchester... Then onto Rhyl. Secondly what is the best local sim card with plenty of data and overseas calls for communicating with family back here.... oh the prefix I use for dialing aus would be good as well. What do I put in front of a Melbourne no say 03-9355-8888 ? or 0400 000000

Need to know in the next couple of hours thanks. As I take off from Melbourne tonight at 11.25 pm.

Hasn't even begun to sink in yet..... I've got over 7 weeks planned in the UK.. and I can stay longer or come back sooner by phoning the airline apparently.

Not looking forwards to being away from my wife and local family here... first time I've spent xmas away from my wife since 1977.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing "That" trip

so sorry to hear about your Mum, but as you say sometimes it's better this way.

The dialling code for Aus is + 63 . So in UK thats 00 63 then leave off the leading zero of the Aus number. Your example then becomes 00 63 3 9355 8888.
Don't know about best SIM card - there's loads of them! you'll have to do a bit of checking but Giff Gaff gets good reports.

From T3 to T5 at Heathrow there are shuttle buses , or you can take the tube. It's all well signposted and there are info desks in each terminal to help you.
Sorry for your sad trip , but enjoy being basck with your Dad for a while. Oh, all my relatives come from around Rhyl - Greenfield, St Asaph, Holywell.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great that sets my mind at ease Quiltman Thanks very much.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
so sorry to hear about your Mum, but as you say sometimes it's better this way.

The dialling code for Aus is + 63 . So in UK thats 00 63 then leave off the leading zero of the Aus number. Your example then becomes 00 63 3 9355 8888.
Don't know about best SIM card - there's loads of them! you'll have to do a bit of checking but Giff Gaff gets good reports.

From T3 to T5 at Heathrow there are shuttle buses , or you can take the tube. It's all well signposted and there are info desks in each terminal to help you.
Sorry for your sad trip , but enjoy being basck with your Dad for a while. Oh, all my relatives come from around Rhyl - Greenfield, St Asaph, Holywell.
+64

Sorry to hear about your mum Ozzie.

Three does some deals on the international stuff but not sure if it meets your requirements.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to give you a big Cyberhug, ozzieeagle, even though I don't know you

I experienced a loss nearly 3 months ago and it takes a while to adjust, and not to mention all the legal stuff which goes on and on and on.

Take Care and Chin up.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:45 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss.

The dialling code is +61 (+64 is NZ and I have no idea what +63 is?).

So from a UK phone it's 00 61 3 etc. or 00 61 400 etc.

Tube is dead easy from T3 to T5 - as stated well signposted and simple even after a long flight.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:55 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Sadly have to go to the UK in a few hours, I dont want to bang on about it. My Mother unexpectedly died 2 days ago. She had a great innings and we all thought it would be my Father that went first. Luckily for her, she did and she went quickly and without pain.... Well except for the rest of us. But in hindsight this is probably a good outcome from her point of view.

Still just two things I'd like please and fairly quickly... bits of info. How to I get from terminal 3 at LHR to Terminal 5 as I'm going from London to Manchester... Then onto Rhyl. Secondly what is the best local sim card with plenty of data and overseas calls for communicating with family back here.... oh the prefix I use for dialing aus would be good as well. What do I put in front of a Melbourne no say 03-9355-8888 ? or 0400 000000

Need to know in the next couple of hours thanks. As I take off from Melbourne tonight at 11.25 pm.

Hasn't even begun to sink in yet..... I've got over 7 weeks planned in the UK.. and I can stay longer or come back sooner by phoning the airline apparently.

Not looking forwards to being away from my wife and local family here... first time I've spent xmas away from my wife since 1977.
So sorry to hear you news Ozzie. It is a tough journey to make, especially without your own family with you. I hope you can make the best of the situation with your trip there. ((()))
Old Nov 29th 2015, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozzie, so sorry to hear about your mum.

Just a correction, the dialing code for Australia is +61 not +63.

Hope that helps.

(Sorry, duplicating above post which updated on me. Sorry!)

Kaye
Old Nov 29th 2015, 8:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your loss OE

Can't add anything to advice already given except if you both have iphones, facetime and messages are free where you have an internet connection. The alternative would be Skype or messenger (you can make phone calls through messenger but not sure on video calls).
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

All the best. Sad indeed. Hope it all goes well for you over there.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences for the loss of your mum Ozzie. I hope your trip is a safe one and you're home to your wife for a post Christmas hug as soon as possible.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news, it is indeed the call we all dread. As others have said +61 3 XXXXXX or +61 4XX xxxxxx for mobiles. I haven't travelled from T3 to T5 but you seem to have got your answers there.

Hope your trip goes as well as it can do.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:12 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your loss, mate. Have a safe journey home
Old Nov 29th 2015, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Be thinking about you mate. Let us know how you are when you can.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Huge sympathies E. Safe flight and remember the good times. Also be thankful that she went fast and relatively painlessly. Just totally shit for you and the rest of the family. Take care. Oh and if you meet up with your cousin, give her a slap

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 29th 2015 at 11:31 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.