Doing "That" trip

Old Dec 17th 2015, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing "That" trip

My dad is being very philosophical about it all. He is saying stuff though that is obvious yet worrying.... Reckons he'll have falls in the next year or two... he walks with a frame and/or sticks and gets giddy often. Says that the ambos will get fed up with picking him up and insist he gets shoved off to a nursing home. So not sure what he has in mind with this.... especially as he wanted my brother and I to take him to Switzerland for that voluntary stuff almost 10 years back.

Does anyone know if he can choose to be in a Nursing home in Milton Keynes rather than Rhyl as we have something like 60 family members down there now. He is also the last of his generation and would get heaps of visitors.... IMO.

My Brother wants to try this and I said it to my dad... but he reckons no way would they let him. That made me very very sad indeed.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 6:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
My dad is being very philosophical about it all. He is saying stuff though that is obvious yet worrying.... Reckons he'll have falls in the next year or two... he walks with a frame and/or sticks and gets giddy often. Says that the ambos will get fed up with picking him up and insist he gets shoved off to a nursing home. So not sure what he has in mind with this.... especially as he wanted my brother and I to take him to Switzerland for that voluntary stuff almost 10 years back.

Does anyone know if he can choose to be in a Nursing home in Milton Keynes rather than Rhyl as we have something like 60 family members down there now. He is also the last of his generation and would get heaps of visitors.... IMO.

My Brother wants to try this and I said it to my dad... but he reckons no way would they let him. That made me very very sad indeed.
Obviously don't know for a fact but I can't see why not especially as it makes perfect sense. Would it be totally Council or would he be financing with sale of house? Definitely look into it whilst you're there. Huge relief for you and your brother if he could.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

He sold his house before he moved into this council run "Maes" place....not sure if they would want a contribution from his private pension or capitol......I think "Maes" means care facility in Welsh....
Old Dec 19th 2015, 3:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He sold his house before he moved into this council run "Maes" place....not sure if they would want a contribution from his private pension or capitol......I think "Maes" means care facility in Welsh....
No, its just the name they've used for the home. "Maes" is "Field"
Old Dec 19th 2015, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, its just the name they've used for the home. "Maes" is "Field"

Right... It's just a few of those places around here start with the word Maes....
Old Dec 19th 2015, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Right... It's just a few of those places around here start with the word Maes....
Very common as a Welsh placename, for instance Maes Gwyn - translates as White Meadow, or White Field. Plas Gwyn - White House - we're simple folk when it comes to names
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 5:19 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for your loss
my dad just had a stroke and I have just returned from the uk
the best sim I found was 3 if the coverage is ok in your area .
buy 20 pounds credit convert it to the add on 20 and it gives you all you can eat data and loads of phone and text more than you can use really.

yes ask for a transfer to local authority run home in MK contact social services say since death of his wife he has more family up there and won't be so isolated especially with you in Oz should work good luck

Last edited by asher; Dec 22nd 2015 at 5:26 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
sorry for your loss
my dad just had a stroke and I have just returned from the uk
the best sim I found was 3 if the coverage is ok in your area .
buy 20 pounds credit convert it to the add on 20 and it gives you all you can eat data and loads of phone and text more than you can use really.

yes ask for a transfer to local authority run home in MK contact social services say since death of his wife he has more family up there and won't be so isolated especially with you in Oz should work good luck
Cheers Asher