Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else find . . .

Wikiposts

Does anyone else find . . .

Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:17 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone else find . . .

well sick textured pickled something.... you know those little crunchy veggie bits - gross.

I was last sick in 2007 - remember it well
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viviennef

well sick textured pickled something.... you know those little crunchy veggie bits - gross.

I was last sick in 2007 - remember it well
Bet it was booze or pregnancy...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:27 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Not either Horrendous stomach bug - I put a duvet on the floor of the bathroom - Andrew was working away for a change. I had one baby in the shower and one in the other corner and got lots of saucepans and water and dettol and lay in there for nearly 24 hours with us all being sick. Horrible. In the end I called a Dr and they went and got lots of rehydration stuff for me and offered to take us into hospital but by then it was on the way out.

although until last week I have been pregnant or breast feeding since March 2004! Thats nuts isnt it.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by viviennef
Not either Horrendous stomach bug - I put a duvet on the floor of the bathroom - Andrew was working away for a change. I had one baby in the shower and one in the other corner and got lots of saucepans and water and dettol and lay in there for nearly 24 hours with us all being sick. Horrible. In the end I called a Dr and they went and got lots of rehydration stuff for me and offered to take us into hospital but by then it was on the way out.

although until last week I have been pregnant or breast feeding since March 2004! Thats nuts isnt it.
Yes, but that's ok.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:39 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Piccalilli is worse though, it looks like sick!
It is a descendant of the diverse lines of chutney, the mother of all being mango chutney which, although heavenly on the palate, looks for all the world like diarrhoea.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WillBlack
It is a descendant of the diverse lines of chutney, the mother of all being mango chutney which, although heavenly on the palate, looks for all the world like diarrhoea.
Piccalilli has never been anywhere near a mango . . .
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
How about Picalilli AND Branston. It takes two to mango.....
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:54 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Separated only by a length or two of alimentary canal?

Chutney.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
How about Picalilli AND Branston. It takes two to mango.....

I mean Branston's alright but it can't hold a candle to the king of chutneys . . . Lime Pickle . . .
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

I mean Branston's alright but it can't hold a candle to the king of chutneys . . . Lime Pickle . . .
Awesome! If only I could find a good "ruby" here to do it justice......
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

No! Surely it is Branston that looks like diarrhoea?

That or you have something seriously wrong with your GI tract!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
No! Surely it is Branston that looks like diarrhoea?

That or you have something seriously wrong with your GI tract!
So what is Branston Pickles supposed to taste of? It tasted to me like a herd of multi-nationals had rolled over it.

Not sure if on Monday morning I'll enlighten the importer by asking for my money back or, more civically minded, remain silent.

Last edited by WillBlack; Dec 17th 2009 at 11:49 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

So what is Branston Pickles supposed to taste of? It tasted to me like a herd of multi-nationals had rolled over it.
It's awesome and it matters not a jot if you like it. Almost every Brit whinges how crap the Cadbury's is here, but I heard lots of Aussies saying the same in the UK! It's called personal taste....
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm damned if I know, haven't tasted Branston for years!
As for the yellow shite, that was a deeply buried childhood scar until this evening!

Marmalade & cheddar rule OK!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sort of chunky with a hint of turnip . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.