Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do your kid's enjoy the new lifestyle??

Wikiposts

Do your kid's enjoy the new lifestyle??

Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do your kid's enjoy the new lifestyle??

Originally Posted by Wendy
Mine are loving every minute of it. They are always in the pool, I have to bribe them out most of the time

We only go to the beach occasionally, but mostly because until the beginning of this month I couldn't drive - we have been a few times over the past week though. Got to be careful and make sure they are covered up, but they just love it down there and never want to come home.

They both love school, and are busy at the minute getting everything ready for tomorrow when they are back after the summer break. This is quite an achievement for me as my son hated school in the UK and never wanted to go. He has some great mates here now though, and he has been out with them a few times a week over the holidays.

Sometimes the heat can be a bit of a killer, so they aren't always outdoors but they do go outside a lot more than they did in the UK. We have lights round the pool so they even stay in there after dark (not too bad in SA as the sun doesn't really go down until about 8:30 - 9pm here in the summer) It's a lot easier to get them to bed too, as they don't think it's bed time until the sun goes down

My kids are 8 and 15

Just echoing what Wendy says. Mine are 6 and 11 and both love it here.

Life here just seems to afford me more opportunities for creating good memories for my kids. Weekend just gone went up to Caloundra for the day, spur of the minute, and spent the whole afternoon body boarding with the eldest; big waves, blue skies. The stuff memories are made of.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazclaire
i will also give you a run for your money on talking crap after a few beers. lol
no you wont, trust me you will be miles behind
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

oh and i forgot to add........... for all the pish posts on here he always posts a gem of a thread. something that people really need. im sure its the wife that posts them
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
oh and i forgot to add........... for all the pish posts on here he always posts a gem of a thread. something that people really need. im sure its the wife that posts them

Could say the same about your posts
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Wendy
Could say the same about your posts
i deserved that
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:56 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Do they what

5 hours in the pool yesterday and a tan this morning

as for the kids thought the wife was looking after them
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Timber
The information you give out on here is fantastic, can't wait to bring the family over and enjoy some meets and get to know some people, i will also give you a run for your money on talking crap after a few beers. lol
Get your arses here !! The beers getting warm !!!

Soaps is "The Organiser"
but dont tell his wife !!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

That reminds me: must put eski at the top of my "what i need to buy in oz list"
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:55 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha

Esky
Stubby Cooler
Thongs

its all GO !
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:59 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

2 pairs of thongs.....keep one pair for "best"
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
2 pairs of thongs.....keep one pair for "best"
LOL !!!! aint that the truth !
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey all

Just wondering to your kids enjoy their new lifestyle down under??? Mine are 7 and 4 and keep talking about going to the beach and having a swimming pool in the garden and been able to go out and play in the sunshine. Instead of being stuck in the house for months on end here during the winter

Have they taken to the new life well and how are they getting on in their new school?? Also how do they find it getting dark earlier over there even during the summer months??

I feel so sorry for mine when all they want to do is go out and play but its either pissing rain or to cold for them to go out.

Thanks guys
No not really.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:18 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey all

Just wondering to your kids enjoy their new lifestyle down under??? Mine are 7 and 4 and keep talking about going to the beach and having a swimming pool in the garden and been able to go out and play in the sunshine. Instead of being stuck in the house for months on end here during the winter

Have they taken to the new life well and how are they getting on in their new school?? Also how do they find it getting dark earlier over there even during the summer months??

I feel so sorry for mine when all they want to do is go out and play but its either pissing rain or to cold for them to go out.

Thanks guys
My kids love it here and are happy, confident kids that spend a lot of time outdoors and in the water. However you do have to bear in mind that while you spend a lot of time indoors because of the weather so do a lot of people in Australia. Sometimes it can be too hot to go out, certainly for the kids to play without getting all hot and sweaty.

Just like adults, some kids will settle and embrace their new lives and others won't. You won't know though unless you try.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
You won't know though unless you try.

HOW TRUE !
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My girls are very happy, eldest may not do 'outside' as much as tiddler but is as happy as and that, considering how rock bottom she was about coming, is amazing. She was definitely moving back when she was 16, no two ways about it. We now have a visit back planned but she's already saying about stuff happening after we come home. She takes stuff for granted and now we have a pool, she'll go in it if she's in the mood but 'it's there'. Tiddler is outside most of the day, either in the pool alone or 'helping' hub do stuff.

Totally different kids from how they were in the UK but in other ways very much the same. They just seem to look happier and healthier here but that might be my rose tints

She'd kill me if she knew I posted this but eldest has a boyfriend who a really really nice guy and there is no pressure IYNWIM. When I hear what her old friends in the UK are getting up to, my blood runs cold. Obviously kids are the same the world over but here, in my experience anyway, they enjoy life more and don't put pressure on themselves to be older than they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.