Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you live in a home or a property?

Do you live in a home or a property?

Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you live in a home or a property?

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Yes tell her to keep jumping up and down
Originally Posted by rabsody
I'd like an answer as to why she's not wearing a bra!
I’m trying to make a very valid point about the influence the media, and media personalities per se, have upon people’s perception of housing as ‘home’ or ‘investment’, and all you two want to talk about are ladies chesticles!

However, if it came down to a fight between Sarah and the rather lovely Kirstie Allsopp (pictured), I think I'd probably throw in a bottle of chocolate sauce, and let them get on with it!

Not that I've given the idea any thought at all you understand.

Last edited by spartacus; Sep 9th 2008 at 8:52 am.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:57 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I’m trying to make a very valid point about the influence the media, and media personalities per se, have upon people’s perception of housing as ‘home’ or ‘investment’, and all you two want to talk about are ladies chesticles!

However, if it came down to a fight between Sarah and the rather lovely Kirstie Allsopp (pictured), I think I'd probably throw in a bottle of chocolate sauce, and let them get on with it!

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/20...06_243x403.jpg

Is it just me or is papa smurf walking around with a big grin
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Him outdoors used to watch, sorry, lust over Sarah Beeny and listen to me moaning that the least she could do was brush her hair. I don't think he even knew what colour hair she had
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:58 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, i'd live in a tent if it was in Oz!!! . This thread highlights the very reason i'm soooooo desperate to leave the UK! Who gives a toss where you live or what it looks like so long as your family are safe and happy . . . . . BTW, we live in a rental. (sold our house ages ago on the deluded pretence that we may one day make it down under! )

Nic
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/20...06_243x403.jpg

I'd be Team Kirstie in that fight 'cos I find Sarah Beeny way too much of a know it all: "well if they'd listened to my suggestion to .... they would have sold the house by now and made millions". Kirstie comes across a bit bossy but really rather nice.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like an answer as to why she's not wearing a bra!
However can you tell?

I'd be Team Kirstie in that fight 'cos I find Sarah Beeny way too much of a know it all: "well if they'd listened to my suggestion to .... they would have sold the house by now and made millions". Kirstie comes across a bit bossy but really rather nice.
Right so that Kirstie and Rabs against Sarah, two bottles of chocolate sauce and a paddling pool!

Anymore takers?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

However can you tell?

Right so that Kirstie and Rabs against Sarah, two bottles of chocolate sauce and a paddling pool!

Anymore takers?
Always been partial to a bit of chocolate sauce. If you throw a bottle of champagne in as well I'll sign up!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:12 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, gawd bless 'er - for some reason I always enjoy the shows she films on cold days. But her and Kirstie do sum up the problem - I mean, Kirstie and Phil are always on about the 'long term' potential of the properties they find and full of ideas to maximise profit on any sale. In some ways it's the same problem as all those stupid 'down under' shows which reflect life in Australia about as much as Bedknobs and Broomsticks does Britain.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Always been partial to a bit of chocolate sauce. If you throw a bottle of champagne in as well I'll sign up!
Champers! I can stretch to a sparkling chardonnay and a bunch of grapes?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Champers! I can stretch to a sparkling chardonnay and a bunch of grapes?
oh, that'll do!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Looking around the place at the moment I would say I live in a craphole Seriously though it's my home and every place we have owned has been the same.

Some craphole you big fibber!
I've seen the pics.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

We definately live in a "property". We brought the place with the sole intention of maximising our return for when we sell it.

We are in the process of moving to Queensland and building a "Home" once there. That will be our last move and the house we shall die in.

Barney
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

We defintely live in a home (that is mortgaged) - we have probably over capitalised on it to get what WE wanted and it's decorated to my style. I have lived in several rented "homes" though.

I work in Real Estate and I have noticed that the sales agents use "property" when talking to a vendor and "home" when talking to a potential purchaser.......

I'm in the rentals side and I always use the term property to both my clients (owners) and tenants.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
l those stupid 'down under' shows which reflect life in Australia about as much as Bedknobs and Broomsticks does Britain.
lol.

Property in Australia also has a country association - and not just a working operating farm either. A large holiday or residential home on (many) acres also seems to be a property - even an empty block like 20 acres.

"We have a property up in NSW"....
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:54 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Can i throw my 2 pennies worth in here?

i have been living in my home for 16 years now and love it to bits, i have had 5 of my 6 children here we have no extravigant decor etc we are happy as it is , BUT we are now trying to sell so we can move to Australia and if we were not emigrating i would stay here and not think of moving for a long time, it now is still our home but we need to sell it and as we have had no luck in the 6 mths it has been on the market , we have now had an opportunity to have it redecorated etc for the tv to try to sell it once done and it is going to be presented by sofie allsopp ,Katie's sister, i think once it has had the professionals in it will not seem so much as home to us , but we need,want to sell it so we can find a new home in Australia . so for now its home , maybe not for much longer though

michell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.