Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

do you believe in angels?

do you believe in angels?

Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:15 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do you believe in angels?

was chatting with a friend about whether we believed in angels.................

so do you believe in angels?

in the sense of a guide, somebody who looks out for you? .......................in the spirit sense?

any experiences of them? any stories to tell?..........

i must say i do believe in them, but i have no real evidence to share with you............but im sure someone has

mand
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

smiler75 will become famous soon enoughsmiler75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: do you believe in angels?

Originally Posted by amanda76

in the sense of a guide, somebody who looks out for you? .......................in the spirit sense?

i must say i do believe in them, but i have no real evidence to share with you............but im sure someone has

mand
Hiya, I've just joined and noticed your message. I definitely believe there is something or someone that looks after us. I believe God sends angels in those times when we need them and theres a lovely poem called footprints which is about a man walking in the sand and he looks back over his life and notices that most of the time there are two sets of footprints but some of the time - when hes had the toughest times in his life, there have only been one. Troubled by this he turns to God and asks him why he was abandoned. God says, in those times he carried him. Thats pretty cool.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by smiler75
Hiya, I've just joined and noticed your message. I definitely believe there is something or someone that looks after us. I believe God sends angels in those times when we need them and theres a lovely poem called footprints which is about a man walking in the sand and he looks back over his life and notices that most of the time there are two sets of footprints but some of the time - when hes had the toughest times in his life, there have only been one. Troubled by this he turns to God and asks him why he was abandoned. God says, in those times he carried him. Thats pretty cool.

welcome and intersting points...........

any more?......................

mand
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

mand
i believe in angels,cant explain wy.I am not religious ,yet all my family are but i really do believe that somebody is looking after me and my family.it maynot be true but i think that it is reassuring to believe.btw i wouldnt be sharing this with too many people.xx irihbloo
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:10 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe in angels as such, but I do believe i have a spirit guide (would like to think its my mum)
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

mand
Umm difficult one. I was once told that I had an angel looking out for me. The lady who told me didn't know anything about me at all but she said "you're a nurse" I replied I was and she said "are you aware you have a spirit who guides you during your work? Shes an old fashioned matron type with a big hat" - I was so freaked I scuttled into the supermarket and didn't look back! I'd only gone in to get some chips!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

smiler75 will become famous soon enoughsmiler75 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: do you believe in angels?

mand
Thanks, I think theres been a few times where strange things have happened to me that reinforces my view - some may say its co-incidence - but things like when your down the unexpected call you get from a friend cheers you up. I had Agoraphobia when I was 20 and I remember being at a bus stop late at night and begining to panic. I wasnt religous but I started praying that I would be ok when these mormon guys came along and started chatting. They didnt exactly convert me but they did make me wonder if there was something there looking out for us
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

mand
hiya, yep difficult one this to describe but for me i've always 'landed on my feet' so to speak, someone there for me to help me along the way when i have come to 'crossroads' in my life. although unhappy here i have the choice to go back home whenever but when the time is right i'll know...maybe it's a sixth sense that we have dunno but i'm never afraid...like you no evidence just that feeling inside and comfort i get from it
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:07 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smiler75
After I read your message, I looked up the poem, here it is...

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
Umm difficult one. I was once told that I had an angel looking out for me. The lady who told me didn't know anything about me at all but she said "you're a nurse" I replied I was and she said "are you aware you have a spirit who guides you during your work? Shes an old fashioned matron type with a big hat" - I was so freaked I scuttled into the supermarket and didn't look back! I'd only gone in to get some chips!

OMG this one IS freaky!!!!!

but nice on the same note! i think

mand
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
i believe in angels,cant explain wy.I am not religious ,yet all my family are but i really do believe that somebody is looking after me and my family.it maynot be true but i think that it is reassuring to believe.btw i wouldnt be sharing this with too many people.xx irihbloo

LoL this is my opinion i think, im not really religious, but i hope there is afterlife and would like to think there are angels???

who knows!!! and by the time we know it will be too late!!! lol
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:37 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claire edwards
After I read your message, I looked up the poem, here it is...

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”
That is a beautiful poem

Hi Claire where are you at the moment?? arent you off on your travels?

Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:42 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Last day at work today!! Leaving next Saturday for South America. Work have been pretty horrendous, so not a pleasent week really....going to do sweet FA today!!! Roll on 5pm!!!

Funnily enough a friend gave me a little silver angel to take away with me.

How's you?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:02 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Last day at work today!! Leaving next Saturday for South America. Work have been pretty horrendous, so not a pleasent week really....going to do sweet FA today!!! Roll on 5pm!!!

Funnily enough a friend gave me a little silver angel to take away with me.

How's you?
Ahhh time all rolls into one on here, I thought you'd already gone. I got a little silver angel from a friend when I went to Oz last time, for protection

I'm ok fed up with this house selling lark just want to get out there

Enjoy your last day at work, and if they are being sods with you stick 2 up to em on your way out
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

ex -army, combat medic 12 yrs , and now A&E RGN for 8 years +, seen a lot of tragedies in my life, Good people taken before their time, sorry,but really question angels, god etc. ( thats my own opinion, having seen the s***e life can inflict! )
don't flame me, not interested
Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.