37.14%
No I think its pants
30.00%
Couldnt give a rats arse
32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Do we like the sub forum?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:16 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do we like the sub forum?

I like it, it's good when your looking for light relief

I haven't ventured into the pub yet, thought it might be a bit rough
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2

only rough when Bix and Biggy get in there!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:25 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense to have the two. The L&C for all the important questions and the Barbie Club for all the drivvle. Especially good if having a bad/good day and just want to chat etc.

Keep it going.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
if it works then it will be fantastic, It would be great if the regular forum was kept to more relevant posts as easier to wade through it for info, and easier to find the light highted or unrelevant posts for people that use the forum more or just fancy a laugh/chat etc. I like both kinds of post but do think they are better seperated
I agree. I find it incredibly difficult to spot the useful posts in the main forum before they fall off the bottom of my flicking tolerance (3 pages, max!).

I like being able to gossip
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:16 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

S'okay Margaret2, it's quite gentle in there really. There's a nice big fire you can sit next to so you don't get too blue!

At the minute though there is a staffing problem so you might have to help yourself!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:20 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
S'okay Margaret2, it's quite gentle in there really. There's a nice big fire you can sit next to so you don't get too blue!

At the minute though there is a staffing problem so you might have to help yourself!

I was a barmaid in a former life but I already did a stint in there......Anyone else up for a job,,,

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:21 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i think you should go and have a big fight with the locals in the REAL lounge ya big bunch of puffs

I'll just watch as i post in the lounge all the time but i am sodding off to oz next year,i need to stay neutral ya see
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:24 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
i think you should go and have a big fight with the locals in the REAL lounge ya big bunch of puffs

I'll just watch as i post in the lounge all the time but i am sodding off to oz next year,i need to stay neutral ya see

Hey, I've been in the lounge, and I came out unscathed. They are ok in there, it's just I prefer familiarity It's not that I'm a wuss honest
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:25 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Is there bouncers on the door and dis the pub sell buckie
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:27 am
Where I want to be

Haven't seen any bouncers, and as for buckie, well stitch is behind the bar so you have to ask her!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:31 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Makes sense to have the two. The L&C for all the important questions and the Barbie Club for all the drivvle. Especially good if having a bad/good day and just want to chat etc.

Keep it going.

Cheers

Ginny

Agree - & it keeps the likes of Bix, soapy, Rooksie & Fraser where they belong .

Seriously, it keeps all the inane drivel from overwhelming the posts that need answers for people like me who sometimes have very limited time available.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:34 am
Where I want to be

Margaret2, I have checked with Stitch, she does have buckie, so in you come. I'll get the first for you.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:36 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I've been in the lounge, and I came out unscathed. They are ok in there, it's just I prefer familiarity It's not that I'm a wuss honest
i just post shite in either forum
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
I think "The Barbie" can be a good extension to BE. The Oz-forum is one of the bussiest forums on BE and ofttimes threads disappear to the second, or even the third, page within a few hours. Threads with titles as "I've sold my house in the UK" don't belong in the OZ Lifestyle & Culture Forum. I do realize that the OP of such a thread is ecstatic about his/her house sale and that (s)he wants to share that information with his/her friends, but such a thread doesn't contribute anything to OZ Lifestyle & Culture.

If we (= ALL the members of BE) want to keep this board as a valuable source of information to those who seek it, we HAVE to keep the relevant sections clean of such threads as I mentioned. Only then will people be able to find the information they're looking for. For this purpose was The Lounge created.

I regret that The Lounge has become what it is. Without judging people, I regret that a lot of you Aussies and Aussie-wannabees don't feel comfortable in The Lounge and don't feel welcome. Maybe I have been guilty of mistreating some of you in the past and if I have I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for that.

I do realize that it's probably to late now to change your conceptions about The Lounge and the people that "live" there. I can fully understand why you don't venture into The Lounge, but I also see the need to keep the Lifestyle & Culture Forums clean of "My-hubby-has-the-flu"-threads. For those reasons I think that The Barbie is a good addition to BE.
Totally agree with you . (Not that you have mistreated me LOL ).

The Lounge was created to keep the piffle & pish out of Aussie L&C (& the other forums), but it only worked for a limited time for us. Bix & co soon migrated back dragging their heels & the Aussie forum because a quagmire of stuff again that was quite painful to wade through.

I almost never post in the lounge, but thats more to do with lack of time than anything else. Hope you come back & add some flavour to the Barbie sometimes Toontje, the same problem of "new blood" will apply just as much in here as it does in the Lounge, Im sure .
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Discuss
Great !!! A new place to have my say!!
And how is the most wonderful Possums...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.