Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Wikiposts

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:23 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's a really lazy way of agreeing with quoted comment.
or a guest at a party (the invite might be for you +1 meaning a guest of your choice)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by freebo
I get the irony I'm saying I'm happy enough with the current level but wouldn't want Aus to open the floodgates as the UK did

As an example in Slough Mrs was taken ill when we were there, none of the local doctors would see her for about 2 weeks as they were overwhelmed with new arrivals, which seemed ironic too, given the fact we'd both been paying NI for most of our lives, BTW we have private health cover here.
Presumably most of the doctors in slough were 'new arrivals' not so long ago...any idea of the proportion of 'asian' uk doctors to 'anglo'....may surprise many.
The NHS has never had 'the good ole days' when you can just walk in and get a doctors appointment (at least in 40years from my experience).
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:03 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I don't understand what "Australian" really means. I'm struggling to understand the Australian "identity".
Yes, Poms find it difficult to understand the concept of a national identity which is not based upon race or ethnicity. I noticed this during my time in the UK. Multiculturalism must have come as a horrible shock to the English.

It helps to explain why Great Britain still lacks a national identity, and why so much of the population refuses to identify itself as British (the Welsh won't; the Irish won't, the Scots won't; that leaves only the Poms and immigrants!)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It helps to explain why Great Britain still lacks a national identity, and why so much of the population refuses to identify itself as British (the Welsh won't; the Irish won't, the Scots won't; that leaves only the Poms and immigrants!)
The protestant N. Irish identify themselves as British - sometimes vehemently so.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
OR....

Some people leave UK as it's over crowded and unable to cope with the influx of economic migrants as well as the current numbers of population. Generally migrants to Aus have skills to offer and Aus is a far larger country and can accomodate the volumes of migrants it brings in

A little bit different mate.
Yes that's the big difference - except for the boat people and genuine asylum seekers, Australia takes migrants based on whether they have something positive to offer the country, whereas in Britain too many of them are just entering the country illegally, stowed away in vehicles coming through the Channel Tunnel. And to think when they started to build the Channel Tunnel the biggest concern was whether a rabid fox would be able to get through to a rabies-free UK.....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:28 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax
Yes that's the big difference - except for the boat people and genuine asylum seekers, Australia takes migrants based on whether they have something positive to offer the country
Over 40% of permanent arrivals in 2009-10 weren't in the skills stream. For all those people no skills, education or English language abilities are considered.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

"State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron"

Really?. Gosh, what a shock.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Over 40% of permanent arrivals in 2009-10 weren't in the skills stream. For all those people no skills, education or English language abilities are considered.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good old xenophobic rant
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:47 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I don't understand what "Australian" really means. I'm struggling to understand the Australian "identity".
it's the spirit of "mateship"
The Great Aussie "battler"
A "fair go" for all.

I have to stop now, i'm welling up...
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:15 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The protestant N. Irish identify themselves as British - sometimes vehemently so.
By joining the police/state sanctioned paramilitary force and murdering innocent catholics.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
By joining the police/state sanctioned paramilitary force and murdering innocent catholics.
Bloody Friday
Birmingham Pub Bombs
Bessbrook
Droppin Well
Enniskillen
Cookstown
Shankhill Road chippy
Omagh

Do I need to go on?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Bloody Friday
Birmingham Pub Bombs
Bessbrook
Droppin Well
Enniskillen
Cookstown
Shankhill Road chippy
Omagh

Do I need to go on?
Did the police do all that too
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Condor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant future

A lot of people think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQMz-fZzC0
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Did the police do all that too
You know full well who did all that.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Bloody Friday
Birmingham Pub Bombs
Bessbrook
Droppin Well
Enniskillen
Cookstown
Shankhill Road chippy
Omagh

Do I need to go on?
You haven't mentioned all the bombs on the mainland where they just murdered innocent people irrespective of their religion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.