Dinner's on me.

Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:08 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dinner's on me.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Berbs is SCs name for Bernie
Ah, I feel a bit foolish...I even googled Berbs

But if they're turnips shouldn't they be nips not neeps.....or would that translate as SC wanting haggis with nipples with Bernie for pudding....
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster

But if they're turnips shouldn't they be nips not neeps.....or would that translate as SC wanting haggis with nipples with Bernie for pudding....
Almost worth waking him up just to see his response to that
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Really hot oven!

I use a muffin tin ( silicone one ) and put in one tablespoon(ish) of canola
Let me know what you think
I almost got my wife a pair of silicons for her baps.

They do a whole range of them. You can peel them off the loaf.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

They're scottish! That's all I'm saying

Recipe if you want it

http://britishfood.about.com/od/menu/r/burnssupper.htm

(not that it's hard, just boil the buggers then mash them until dead serve and Bob's your Auntie! )
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I almost got my wife a pair of silicons for her baps.

They do a whole range of them. You can peel them off the loaf.
Too much info!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:32 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Too much info!
Oh I am soooooo glad its not just me that had that thought!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:40 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Really hot oven!

I use a muffin tin ( silicone one ) and put in one tablespoon(ish) of canola oil in each cup, then place in the oven for at least 10 - 15 mins while the meat is cooking, then I take the meat out to rest, and turn the oven up to about 240 degrees.

For the yorkshires I keep it simple. I have a 3/4 ( about 2.7oz) cup measure cup (cheap one from somewhere like Kmart) and use it measure out:

1 level scoop of plain flour
1 measure of milk
3/4 measure of water
3 eggs
pinch salt and pepper

Mix it all together really well and place in the hot fat - I use a ladle or pour it from a jug and get each cup of the tin about 1/3 to 1/2 full of the mixture - no more or they are eggy and no less or they are really tiny.

Cook them until risen and golden brown. Takes about 15 mins.

Try not to open the oven and if you do, then don't do it for too long or they will shrink!

Let me know what you think
I find that sieving the flour first & putting the whole batter mix in the fridge until the Beef is nearly cooked works for me. We don't have Yorkshire pudding with anything other than roast Beef your all bloody chavs if you eat them with any meat It's just wrong, wrong I say WRONG!
My poor Nan would spin in her grave
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Wheres the Pumpkin ?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Wheres the Pumpkin ?
None left mate, they used them all at the end of last month
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
I find that sieving the flour first & putting the whole batter mix in the fridge until the Beef is nearly cooked works for me. We don't have Yorkshire pudding with anything other than roast Beef your all bloody chavs if you eat them with any meat It's just wrong, wrong I say WRONG!
My poor Nan would spin in her grave
I don't sieve the flour or put it in the fridge. Waaayy to impatient for that

And I eat Yorkshires with everything! (well not literally lol) like my Nan taught me (yes, I am from Yorkshire before you ask! )
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:00 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I don't sieve the flour or put it in the fridge. Waaayy to impatient for that

And I eat Yorkshires with everything! (well not literally lol) like my Nan taught me (yes, I am from Yorkshire before you ask! )
Possibly interesting that yorkshire pud began life as a substitute for meat, or at least to stretch it further. Now its an extra.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Possibly interesting that yorkshire pud began life as a substitute for meat, or at least to stretch it further. Now its an extra.
When I was growing up only posh people could afford Beef. We had yorkshires with sausages and mash as that was the cheaper alternative to meat and veg....with a yorkshire pud to fill you up.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:04 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

When I was growing up only posh people could afford Beef. We had yorkshires with sausages and mash as that was the cheaper alternative to meat and veg....with a yorkshire pud to fill you up.
Yorkshires with jam...very nice.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
None left mate, they used them all at the end of last month

LOL of course....Hmm back to the Beetroot, baby beets.. then.... that ones for MP and Poll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.