Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Despicable, Shallow Australia

Despicable, Shallow Australia

Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:39 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Despicable, Shallow Australia

Originally Posted by Bix
I have nuthin but respect for what you ladies say.
I just wish I could bag it.

You'd need a truck for all the wise words we say

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
just you wait bixie baby
I love it when you get mad with me Maggie
You're so strong and domineering
Attached Thumbnails Despicable, Shallow Australia-0045strongwoman.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
You'd need a truck for all the wise words we say

Cheers

Ginny
Got just the thing
Attached Thumbnails Despicable, Shallow Australia-2.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:44 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Got just the thing

Spot on!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:00 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uklover
How's this with Commonwealth Games approaching..

australia media follows the QUEENS baton route,more self praise, more self back slapping..

it accepts the hosting of the CG's..

but it doesn't want to do a full rendition of God Save The Queen...

geeez, half wit breed here...let 'em bugger off and be a republic...watch it fall on it's arse...it bags immigrants yet the immigrants keep this country afloat whilst the cork hatted , VB suppers in worn out thongs and with stale bongs bludge off the state....

As some others have said, "Who cares??"

The old parasite is probably fed up listening to the boring dirge of a song anyway!

She has probably heard it about 10 times a day for as long as she can remember, so she's not exactly gonna throw a wobbly if they don't play it!

And anyway, before you rant on about Australia being, "despicable and shallow" you should know that the official Commonwealth Games protocol is not to play it!

By playing it in part, Australia is surpassing what is expected!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:41 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down. Dont judge the OP on this thread.

Judge them on their other posts
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys I've been in to town today, needed a new prescription for glasses. This is MY reality.

Got into town, had eye appointment - all good so far.

Went for Lunch in the pub just outside the Town Hall. - Great

Got outside only to be stuck outside the pub for 15 minutes listening to "the locals" chanting:

Iraq is ours - we are one. Brothers lets all reaise our hands to show our support.

You tell me that this country is "english"

Not racist before anyone starts. Just stating exactly how it is here

Give me Australia and no National Anthem anyday
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Despicable, Shallow Australia

Originally Posted by uklover
How's this with Commonwealth Games approaching..

australia media follows the QUEENS baton route,more self praise, more self back slapping..

it accepts the hosting of the CG's..

but it doesn't want to do a full rendition of God Save The Queen...

geeez, half wit breed here...let 'em bugger off and be a republic...watch it fall on it's arse...it bags immigrants yet the immigrants keep this country afloat whilst the cork hatted , VB suppers in worn out thongs and with stale bongs bludge off the state....

Federal Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone has joined those arguing for God save the Queen to be played at the Commonwealth Games. This is despite Senator Vanstone personally being against the monarchy.

When Queen Elizabeth II opens the Games in Melbourne in just under a fortnight it will be to the strains of Advance Australia Fair.

Monarchists have described it as a snub.

Senator Vanstone, who wants to see Australia become a republic, agrees.

"She is the Queen of Australia, she's coming to Australia on one of her rarer visits and I think it's appropriate that we show due respect and play God save the Queen," she said.

"I'm convinced that that's the appropriate thing to do, but not sing it!"
Source.

We're not obliged to play a full rendition. In fact, we're not obliged to play it at all.

So instead of whinging, you should give Aussies credit for being fairminded and generous. We're giving the Queen a fair go; so why the complaints?

Special thanks to Senator Vandstone for favouring God Save the Queen (despite her Republican views) wouldn't go astray either.

And I speak as a Monarchist myself.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 4th 2006 at 4:04 am.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
And I speak as a Monarchist myself.
That's one word for you, I prefer to call you a..................
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:21 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Despicable, Shallow Australia

Originally Posted by fraser
Call me what you like, it's no skin off my nose.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

oi who defused me camel toe bomb
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Chelsea supporter? :scared:
Old Mar 4th 2006, 5:01 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice

Originally Posted by elfman
I'm no raving monarchist, but isn't it simply good manners to play the national anthem of a visiting head of state? - even the Americans do that. I was at a New York Yankees game a couple of years ago which John Howard happened to attend. Prior to the game they had an "honor guard" for the Australian flag and played the Australian national anthem. They then immediately followed that with Men at Work's "who can it be now", which I thought was a nice touch.
100% with you here mate. Good manners makeith the man is the very old saying.!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:26 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Chelsea supporter? :scared:
That's a bit strong mate
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:35 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Special thanks to Senator Vandstone

thats VANstone..........french for 20 isn't it ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.