Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Depression / anxiety

Depression / anxiety

Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:22 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depression / anxiety

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I tried - ended up rolling in laughter when I got to point 2 - sorry that is just wrong. If the information isn't reliable and believable on a single point - how can you trust any more of what is said.

I found it very hard to believe that Vit C cures polio, tetanus and HIV, but the second point was a plant based diet and I know that was nonsense!
Snake oil contained a large amount of VIt C....allegedly
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Snake oil contained a large amount of VIt C....allegedly
On the subject of snake oil this is quite visual - http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

As expressed by Sally, Vit D does have scientific benefits for depression, although not sure why it features as both promising and slight. Surprisingly, B3 is not given as beneficial for mental health issues when filtered on scientific results, mental health and vitamins
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

On the subject of snake oil this is quite visual - http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

As expressed by Sally, Vit D does have scientific benefits for depression, although not sure why it features as both promising and slight. Surprisingly, B3 is not given as beneficial for mental health issues when filtered on scientific results, mental health and vitamins
A scientific assessment of vitamins and other nutrients

http://www.nrv.gov.au/nutrients/index.htm

It has useful information on dosages at various life stages.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
So vitamins are a cure all and you dont need any medical credentials to suggest taking large doses? Is that basically the gist?
Originally Posted by Grayling
This is complete nonsense.....how about posting some reliable evidence instead of your usual anti psychiatry/drug company paranoia?
Careful, now. You'll be accused of either being someone's official representative or a member of the tut tut brigade.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, you lot all together are not a pretty sight.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Crikey, you lot all together are not a pretty sight.
Did you find the answer?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:39 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find the answer?
What answer is that?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:44 am

What answer is that?
I deleted my post because I took it you were avoiding the question. I asked about Niacin / B3 toxicity twice now. I also asked since you advocate it in large doses, what dose you consider safe, and if there are any contraindications, and if it is safe for someone sitting at home to follow your advice?

Edit - I've restored the deleted post to avoid further confusion

Last edited by old.sparkles; Dec 6th 2013 at 10:53 am.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:48 am
Banned

I deleted my post because I took it you were avoiding the question. I asked about Niacin / B3 toxicity twice now. I also asked since you advocate it in large doses, what dose you consider safe, and if there are any contraindications, and if it is safe for someone sitting at home to follow your advice?
Why would you delete a post and then ask me the answer to the question posed in it? That's a little strange. All these deletes and edits make you look a bit unstable - especially for a mod.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:51 am

Why would you delete a post and then ask me the answer to the question posed in it? That's a little strange. All these deletes and edits make you look a bit unstable - especially for a mod.
The question wasn't in that post - the post was as you quoted. Let me find you the original posts
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:52 am

Great, now we're getting somewhere. Which videos did you find fake and which harmful at high doses vitamin was I advocating?
The vitamins was niacin / B3 and I thought Vitamin A and B6 but I've been back and for a bit and can only find the reference to B3. The early videos would have been the ones I watched, and they are the majority of the ones now missing - it says the youtube account has been closed. There's a few around the 400 mark that also don't sound nice and it puts me personally off all of them

I am a traditionalist when it comes to the subject, because that is what works for me - and that's not to say popping pills. I believe diet, routine, exercise and talking are the best methods. Above all people want to be listened to - you can't have a discussion with a youtube link - and linking out to websites don't work for me

There are other bits I find disturbing - the curing of so many ailments by vitamins just seems so unbelievable. There are people following the best diets in the world that have been struck with terrible illnesses - if vitamins are the cure, then why are they not preventative. In other cases it seems to prey on peoples vulnerabilities, and the possible benefits may be placebo effects only

Apologies if this is fragmented - long night
You didn't answer the question on the toxicity on B3 which you have definitely recommended in large doses - what levels do you deem safe for someone reading this at home to take - and what would be the contraindications? What advise would you give to someone reading this and going and ordering megadoses of A, B3, B6, D, etc?
There we go
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:55 am

Thanks for that - I must admit to being a little low recently but don't think I've been called unstable - mod or otherwise
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:58 am
Banned

There we go
Cool. First we can start with you properly answering the question at the top that I asked you. Your response to it was both unsatisfactory and vague.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:59 am
Banned

Thanks for that - I must admit to being a little low recently but don't think I've been called unstable - mod or otherwise
I'm sorry you're feeling low. Are you taking medications?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 11:02 am

Cool. First we can start with you properly answering the question at the top that I asked you. Your response to it was both unsatisfactory and vague.
Piece by piece then.

You advocated Niacin in large doses. Why - I can not find evidence that this is useful. Is it safe for everyone? What level is toxic and how is toxicity monitored? Are there any contraindications?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.