Wikiposts

Dashboard carpet

Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dashboard carpet

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They're cool! How much, do you know? No pricing on the site, might check them out at one of the shops.
I looked as well

Must admit I thought the OP was talking about people putting household carpet on their dash similar to the way some peeps used to carpet their cars with household carpet when I was a teenager.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Brown vinyl roof anyone?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I looked as well

Must admit I thought the OP was talking about people putting household carpet on their dash similar to the way some peeps used to carpet their cars with household carpet when I was a teenager.
I've seen people do their dashboards that way, honest.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:22 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it. A lot of taxis have it too.

Am i missing something here? Wouldnt it be a much better idea to actually make the dashboard out of material that doesnt crack in the first place, or is that hoping too much in the 21st century??
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When I first met the husband, his Viva was covered in fake fur on the inside - ceiling, side panels, seats the lot His handbrake, gear stick, steering wheel wands were all different sized pistons and his piece de resistance was his 8 track player on which he played ELO 24/7 (unless I turned it off in disgust). Who wouldn't have fallen in love with that

Carpet on the dash sounds positively tame
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:25 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first met the husband, his Viva was covered in fake fur on the inside - ceiling, side panels, seats the lot His handbrake, gear stick, steering wheel wands were all different sized pistons and his piece de resistance was his 8 track player on which he played ELO 24/7 (unless I turned it off in disgust). Who wouldn't have fallen in love with that

Well at least he'd made it comfortable for the in-car sex.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Well at least he'd made it comfortable for the in-car sex.
Very true. And at least he didn't have a mirror on the ceiling Don't do watching myself
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you had some happy memories in there
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:13 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true. And at least he didn't have a mirror on the ceiling Don't do watching myself
Yeah, that's not nice... all the wobbly bits...
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:10 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

They're cool! How much, do you know? No pricing on the site, might check them out at one of the shops.
Every auto parts chain I've been in up here has racks full of them for all types of vehicles. If it's one they stock Autobarn do them for around $50 if they order you one in it's $60. Same deal at Super Cheap Auto
Our first car came with one & we thought it amusing, the next one didn't & after a few hot days we soon splashed out on one, I don't care how silly people think they look, the time it saves on cooling the car down is more than worth it.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:01 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

cresta- I have to admit they always seemed a pretty weird idea to me-(a bit like leaving the plastic on your new sofa) I was never convinced by the 'cracking' argument as, lets face it, the damage the sun does to the cars paint by fading etc etc it seemed a bit pointless to 'protect' one bit of a car and not the rest, but are you suggesting that the dash carpet keeps the car cooler (or enables your car to cool a lot quicker)? that would be something worth considering in that case...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:06 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
cresta- I have to admit they always seemed a pretty weird idea to me-(a bit like leaving the plastic on your new sofa) I was never convinced by the 'cracking' argument as, lets face it, the damage the sun does to the cars paint by fading etc etc it seemed a bit pointless to 'protect' one bit of a car and not the rest, but are you suggesting that the dash carpet keeps the car cooler (or enables your car to cool a lot quicker)? that would be something worth considering in that case...
There is no doubt about it. As I said above, it's practically essential if you often have to park your car in the sun.

Just found one for my two-seater.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burbage
There is no doubt about it. As I said above, it's practically essential if you often have to park your car in the sun.

Just found one for my two-seater.
Do you have to vacuum it when you have visitors?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:29 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Do you have to vacuum it when you have visitors?
That would be optional.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burbage
That would be optional.
Best to get it Scotchguarded just in case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.