Wikiposts

Dashboard carpet

Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dashboard carpet

I've been here just over 4 years and I've not seen any cars with carpet on the dash. Is it a bogan thing?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Its rife here in Aus ... aussies like to fit carpet over the dashboard wtf !?!?!

Makes me chortle whenever i see it

lee
Come on you know it looks cool. To complete the look you need some beaded seat covers, fluffy dice and furry steering wheel cover.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

When we bought our Motorhome it came fitted with a bra.... no kidding, straight up!

The bloke had made it for the Winnebago.. it fits over the bonnet and stops the stones chipping the front... and it is called a bra..

*mind boggles*

Em x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:53 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
I've just never seen carpet in the inner cities, only when I've been out to the country towns.
I saw 4 cars in a row on the Monash in Melbourne today on the way home....hence this thread !

Lee
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:14 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Oh absolutely. But it still looks shit
Compared with leopard skin rugs?

or

Big sunglass sunglades
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emelems
When we bought our Motorhome it came fitted with a bra.... no kidding, straight up!

The bloke had made it for the Winnebago.. it fits over the bonnet and stops the stones chipping the front... and it is called a bra..

*mind boggles*

Em x
You can get car bras for most cars.

This carpet on the dash? Are you refering to people getting their dashboards flocked? Or do they really put carpet on them?

If it was me, I'd just put a screen up in the windscreen to keep the heat off the dash etc.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:39 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I've spent more time in Australia than any other country and I've NEVER been in a car with carpet like that, nor have I ever noticed it anywhere.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

They're a fantastic idea for up here in QLD, they improve aircon performance, reduce the in-car temp & protect the dash from warping & cracking.

Check out the Sunland Dashmats they make custom mats for every make & model.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

is it me, or is it obvious? surley its to stop the sun reflecting up from the dash.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:20 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

my first car had carpet on the dash it even had a logo of yo semeddy sam(sp?) on it there was loads of cars in brissy with carpet. or dash mats is the correct term i think, there designed to stop the dash from cracking and warping and i love those furry steering wheel covers that stops your hands from getting burnt and the seat covers too
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Went in a taxi once that had one made from blue and white carpet.

I asked the driver if it was made from a dead Smurf, but he didn't get the joke
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:46 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Went in a taxi once that had one made from blue and white carpet.

I asked the driver if it was made from a dead Smurf, but he didn't get the joke
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:47 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kelli28
my first car had carpet on the dash it even had a logo of yo semeddy sam(sp?) on it there was loads of cars in brissy with carpet. or dash mats is the correct term i think, there designed to stop the dash from cracking and warping and i love those furry steering wheel covers that stops your hands from getting burnt and the seat covers too
I have carpet on my dash. It's actually not carpet, more the same material as the floor mats are made from and sticks on with velcro.
I don't know why it's there. I live in the Blue Mountains where heat is an anathema apparently.

I might take it off just to dare the sun to come out.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:14 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just a good idea, it's essential. In the city you can usually park your car under cover, in the country there's almost no way to do that. It's not about the dashboard cracking, it's about the heat. The dashboard heats up and takes ages to cool down when you get into the car to start driving. If you have a carpet then it doesn't heat up in the first place. It's alo far more convenient than the reflecter, since you leave it in place all the time.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
They're a fantastic idea for up here in QLD, they improve aircon performance, reduce the in-car temp & protect the dash from warping & cracking.

Check out the Sunland Dashmats they make custom mats for every make & model.
They're cool! How much, do you know? No pricing on the site, might check them out at one of the shops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.