Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

cultural diversity and better looking birds?

cultural diversity and better looking birds?

Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cultural diversity and better looking birds?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Baron Badge lol [of honour?] & You being so much lower down the social scale can be Baldrick of Manc
I like Baldrick of Manc!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:34 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I like Baldrick of Manc!
You look mighty fine Northernboid....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:29 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

another thing I've noticed about Aussie women, they're more likely to smile at me than British women. As a result of having a smiley open face, they look more attractive than the wasp chewing tight mouthed brits.
Of course, if I was better looking I may not have noticed a difference
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that on average, born and bred Aussies tend to have eyes that are closer together than us Poms.

Just an observation.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I've noticed that on average, born and bred Aussies tend to have eyes that are closer together than us Poms.

Just an observation.
definitely in places like Midland, Gosnells, Balcatta etc

Last edited by Amazulu; Feb 17th 2011 at 1:11 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
another thing I've noticed about Aussie women, they're more likely to smile at me than British women. As a result of having a smiley open face, they look more attractive than the wasp chewing tight mouthed brits.
Of course, if I was better looking I may not have noticed a difference
To be honest I think it depends on the girl and the environment.

Originally Posted by renth

Just an observation.
Interesting one mate.

I sometimes think I can detect traits in some Australian features then I meet someone who blows the theory out of the water.

I've noticed traits which are negative for both their British or Australian owner even if they don't stand up with a larger sample.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:15 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

In all seriousness there *is* a widely held view that people of mixed race backgrounds are more likely to be considered 'attractive' than those from either of races of their parents.

Some study has been done on this and I think (if I recall correctly) the empirical data backs up the theory.

Obviously there are plenty of Eur-Asian and Eur-Afro munters out there too, but on my VERY limitied data set (me, my wife and my kids) - I'm happy to report that our findings are consistent with this theory.

Perhaps the comment that triggered this discussion was from someone who incorrectly assumed that 'melting pot' Australia has more 'mixed race' relationships than plain old 'white UK'?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
The first time I set foot in Brisbane CBD at lunchtime I think that my visual senses seemed overwhelmed with the number of gorgeous women that seemed to be walking around.

I'm back working in the city again (after a 3 year hiatus) and nothing's changed.
Lucky you! I never see gorgeous guys wandering round Brisbane CBD.

In fact I hardly ever see gorgeous Aussie guys, well perhaps the odd shirtless tradie or two but nothing to write home about.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
In all seriousness there *is* a widely held view that people of mixed race backgrounds are more likely to be considered 'attractive' than those from either of races of their parents.

Some study has been done on this and I think (if I recall correctly) the empirical data backs up the theory.

Obviously there are plenty of Eur-Asian and Eur-Afro munters out there too, but on my VERY limitied data set (me, my wife and my kids) - I'm happy to report that our findings are consistent with this theory.

Perhaps the comment that triggered this discussion was from someone who incorrectly assumed that 'melting pot' Australia has more 'mixed race' relationships than plain old 'white UK'?
I remember a stable girl who was showing me the ropes as a teen who had what she called a Persian background. She said this looking at me with the most darkest eyes. I thought 'wow - she's OK!'. She said this whilst hanging off this horse's neck and then planted a smacker on him. Lucky boy.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:50 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Lucky you! I never see gorgeous guys wandering round Brisbane CBD.

In fact I hardly ever see gorgeous Aussie guys, well perhaps the odd shirtless tradie or two but nothing to write home about.
You haven't seen me walking around then?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain

I've noticed a lot of mixed-race kids (but then the plural of anecdote is not data).

My son is mixed-race and he is empirically and absolutely bloody gorgeous.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I've noticed a lot of mixed-race kids (but then the plural of anecdote is not data).
Probably all Scousers.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Never sure from your signature if you're a scouser or not, Renth.

I saw a blonde woman driving a car with a Liverpool supporters club sticker along Burns Beach Road the other day and wondered if it was your wife!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:42 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Never sure from your signature if you're a scouser or not, Renth.

I saw a blonde woman driving a car with a Liverpool supporters club sticker along Burns Beach Road the other day and wondered if it was your wife!
Haha, no not her although she is a "Red" scouser. I'm not a scouser BTW.

Some people call Iluka "Ilukapool" because apparently there are loads of scousers there - can't see it myself.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
You look mighty fine Northernboid....
Why thank you Mr Roamin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.