Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:24 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by Alfresco
...And the real cricket has now started.
Good luck SA!
Old Dec 17th 2013, 10:38 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats 24/7.??
Old Dec 18th 2013, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Well, that's the question - City seem to have done well with Pellegrini, and United took the only man standing in Moyes, but if you are a reasonable sized club (and Spurs probably still sneak into that category) you need a manager who can handle the hype. And there aren't many. Capello? I am battling to think of anyone else...

AVB must be sitting on tens of millions of quid in payoffs, having effectively failed twice.
Let's be honest; my granny could do well with Man City and the inherited squad and resources. Moyes was not the only man standing, he was recommended by Sir Alex and he did superbly at Everton who always punched above their weight under Moyes compared to the money bags teams from London and Manchester and the other side of Liverpool (dong it this season under the ex-Wigan mgr).

Moyes is finding that the blood has been sucked out of the club by the Glazers - in comparison to Man City, Chelsea, even Arsenal now (Ozil), have they bought anyone of note since getting the money from the sale of Ronaldo? Ashley Young, Chicarito, quality?

AVB has been trading very successfully on being in Mourinho's shadow once and as you say will be well off from his West and North London payoffs.

It would be interesting to know who wanted the 100 mill euros for Bale - Levy or AVB? Not keeping him shows they are content to be the 3rd best club in London - with apologies to Hammers supporters.

Last edited by OzTennis; Dec 18th 2013 at 2:33 am.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:02 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Let's be honest; my granny could do well with Man City and the inherited squad and resources. Moyes was not the only man standing, he was recommended by Sir Alex and he did superbly at Everton who always punched above their weight under Moyes compared to the money bags teams from London and Manchester and the other side of Liverpool (dong it this season under the ex-Wigan mgr).

Moyes is finding that the blood has been sucked out of the club by the Glazers - in comparison to Man City, Chelsea, even Arsenal now (Ozil), have they bought anyone of note since getting the money from the sale of Ronaldo? Ashley Young, Chicarito, quality?

AVB has been trading very successfully on being in Mourinho's shadow once and as you say will be well off from his West and North London payoffs.

It would be interesting to know who wanted the 100 mill euros for Bale - Levy or AVB? Not keeping him shows they are content to be the 3rd best club in London - with apologies to Hammers supporters.

So who would you have had instead of Moyes? Klopp?

Agree about the Glazers. Leeches - and United are screwed until they go. It proves how good Fergie was that he won the league with that team who were clearly not even in the top 4 in England - SAF made them punch above their weight.

Fellaini? What a complete melt. Worst buy since Birtles.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:16 am

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Decades from now I will say to my grandchildren, 'I remember the epic period of Australian dominance during which we held the top ICC Test cricket ranking for more than six consecutive years. And yes, if I concentrate hard enough I can even remember England's 12 months in the #1 spot.'

I thought this article summed it up nicely:
What a load of BS. Then turn it on its head when an Aussi hadnt won for 9 matches,
What right did they have, in you blind , minds eye, to be arrogant, and sledge away!!!.
Cricket ,sledging, Stokes being got at in his first test, then returning the compliment.
Me...its part of the game, but I wouldnt use, the above commentary, to dream my team
to a future, they have to deserve, and not shout about.
Aussis deserve this series,thats all so far. SA, India are awaiting, as well as an Ashes
return.England lost dont forget, on foreign soil, you won at home, now go and win
with this squad, away from Home.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:34 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
What a load of BS. Then turn it on its head when an Aussi hadnt won for 9 matches,
What right did they have, in you blind , minds eye, to be arrogant, and sledge away!!!.
Cricket ,sledging, Stokes being got at in his first test, then returning the compliment.
Me...its part of the game, but I wouldnt use, the above commentary, to dream my team
to a future, they have to deserve, and not shout about.
Aussis deserve this series,thats all so far. SA, India are awaiting, as well as an Ashes
return.England lost dont forget, on foreign soil, you won at home, now go and win
with this squad, away from Home.
No wonder Aussies have the reputation they do for being bad losers and worse winners when you read crap like that.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed

So who would you have had instead of Moyes? Klopp?

Agree about the Glazers. Leeches - and United are screwed until they go. It proves how good Fergie was that he won the league with that team who were clearly not even in the top 4 in England - SAF made them punch above their weight.

Fellaini? What a complete melt. Worst buy since Birtles.
I wasn't sure who was in the mix for the Man Utd job? I got the feeling Moyes was the annointed one and they might have sounded out some alternatives if he couldn't/wouldn't move. Klopp seems good and is charismatic but BVB slipped to 3rd behind Bayern and Leverkusen with a few poor league results; but last 16 CL. He might have brought some real quality in Lewandowski/Reus.

Was Mourinho ever a serious possibility? Fellaini, yep, didn't appear all that great at Everton. What I was really hinting at was that I don't think Fergie left as great a legacy as it seems - for 3 or 4 years they didn't buy much quality and got terrific results despite this. Glazers wouldn't give him the money of course; using Man Utd as a cash cow and loan security for their US businesses
Old Dec 18th 2013, 4:39 am

I wasn't sure who was in the mix for the Man Utd job? I got the feeling Moyes was the annointed one and they might have sounded out some alternatives if he couldn't/wouldn't move. Klopp seems good and is charismatic but BVB slipped to 3rd behind Bayern and Leverkusen with a few poor league results; but last 16 CL. He might have brought some real quality in Lewandowski/Reus.

Was Mourinho ever a serious possibility? Fellaini, yep, didn't appear all that great at Everton. What I was really hinting at was that I don't think Fergie left as great a legacy as it seems - for 3 or 4 years they didn't buy much quality and got terrific results despite this. Glazers wouldn't give him the money of course; using Man Utd as a cash cow and loan security for their US businesses
I agree on the Fergie take, and all top European managers bought well, Fergie
Failed miserably in his midfield buys.Lets not forget his whole history, which for Britain, 2nd to none, but European wise, run of the mill...
Moyes, is still building his history.Klopp further along the line ,but still a young
trainer, let these guys, build a few more teams, and years around, their belt.
So BVB slipped, but they will end better off than , Leverkusen.Whatever both teams
playing at present better football on the eye, than what I see coming from the English
Premier, maybe Liverpool are playing worthy football.
When I first came to Germany the Bundesliga, could be boring, but the last 6 years
or so, play very entertaining footy
Old Dec 18th 2013, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by fuchs01
I agree on the Fergie take, and all top European managers bought well, Fergie
Failed miserably in his midfield buys.Lets not forget his whole history, which for Britain, 2nd to none, but European wise, run of the mill...
Moyes, is still building his history.Klopp further along the line ,but still a young
trainer, let these guys, build a few more teams, and years around, their belt.
So BVB slipped, but they will end better off than , Leverkusen.Whatever both teams
playing at present better football on the eye, than what I see coming from the English
Premier, maybe Liverpool are playing worthy football.
When I first came to Germany the Bundesliga, could be boring, but the last 6 years
or so, play very entertaining footy
Well, Ronaldo and Keane were pretty good buys.

I don't want to be the grammar nazi, but does your etch-a-sketch allow you to construct sentences in a way that makes them slightly easier to read?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:03 am

+1. Mourhino was never a contender - United wouldn't want to play his way, and he ends up as a car crash wherever he goes.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
No wonder Aussies have the reputation they do for being bad losers and worse winners when you read crap like that.
That reputation only exists in your little mind.

What smacks of bad sportsmanship is that your first post in this thread since Australia won the Ashes is the above. Where's the 'well played thanks for the game'?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

He hehe

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...-2013121882133
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Chris WAS an Australian....
Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you might have had it in you to congratulate Australia on regaining The Ashes. Then again, you've previously stated on BE that you don't like test cricket and hate Australia - so not totally surprised that you haven't
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.