The Cricket Thread

Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
We're smaller and have a better atmosphere arf arf. Win or lose I hope it's not a trouncing. My 2 TA's are Irish and Welsh, and I give them shit all the time. They'll be looking for payback
To be honest I don't think it will be a trouncing; I don't think England will win the series but 0-5 it won't be. I'm more concerned now they have an Aussie coach and expect a bit more fight and team spirit this time.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
To be honest I don't think it will be a trouncing; I don't think England will win the series but 0-5 it won't be. I'm more concerned now they have an Aussie coach and expect a bit more fight and team spirit this time.
Let's bloody hope so, the public schoolery of it all has no place in the modern game. Pieterson back? lol
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Let's bloody hope so, the public schoolery of it all has no place in the modern game. Pieterson back? lol
Yes. He should be. Batting wise both teams are pretty similar. I think Australia might have the edge in the bowling stakes this time round but I could be wrong.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yes. He should be. Batting wise both teams are pretty similar. I think Australia might have the edge in the bowling stakes this time round but I could be wrong.
'Batting wise both teams are pretty similar'. Justify.

'Australia might have the edge in the bowling stakes this time'. That's going out on a limb!

This is what England batsmen are good at:

Bryn Darbyshire believed to be first batsman dismissed for handling a no-ball
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:36 am
Account Closed

'Batting wise both teams are pretty similar'. Justify.

'Australia might have the edge in the bowling stakes this time'. That's going out on a limb!

This is what England batsmen are good at:

Bryn Darbyshire believed to be first batsman dismissed for handling a no-ball
He's in the history books now, which he wouldn't be if he'd made a half century. Did you see the 4 videos after the article?
Old Jun 16th 2015, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He's in the history books now, which he wouldn't be if he'd made a half century. Did you see the 4 videos after the article?
True, no I didn't; I will though.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 8:56 am
Account Closed

True, no I didn't; I will though.
There's some pearlers, you can see'oh bollocks' written all over a couple of faces
Old Jun 16th 2015, 12:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I was out 'handled ball' a few seasons ago, it's moved into the Annuals Of Club History now.

I don't remember what I was thinking, just the fact that I didn't want that leather /:;(er to hit my wickets.

On the more immediate subject of The Ashes, Australia clearly has the edge in all forms of the game but I hope the new found English resolve of playing "positive cricket' reaps rewards.

Lose if you like but don't lose playing like /:;(ing dinosaurs.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I was out 'handled ball' a few seasons ago, it's moved into the Annuals Of Club History now.

I don't remember what I was thinking, just the fact that I didn't want that leather /:;(er to hit my wickets.

On the more immediate subject of The Ashes, Australia clearly has the edge in all forms of the game but I hope the new found English resolve of playing "positive cricket' reaps rewards.

Lose if you like but don't lose playing like /:;(ing dinosaurs.
Yep quite right; here's to a close series (even 5-0 series wins over the Poms with 3/4 day tests can be unexciting)

I had an interesting experience a few years back. I was playing a tennis league match but the Aussie pro at the adjoining cricket club asked me to play in a 20 over match at the same time. I said I was playing tennis but he said he'd fit in my 5 overs and innings between and after my 2 tennis matches by juggling the batting order and bowling me whenever I was free. I played 2 matches which went to 3 sets, bowled 5 overs and had my innings all in the same night. I was batting with the Aussie pro and the B*gger ran me out doing a Geoffrey Boycott (yes, no, yes, no; you're on your own, I'm not getting run out).
Old Jun 16th 2015, 10:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Yep quite right; here's to a close series (even 5-0 series wins over the Poms with 3/4 day tests can be unexciting)

I had an interesting experience a few years back. I was playing a tennis league match but the Aussie pro at the adjoining cricket club asked me to play in a 20 over match at the same time. I said I was playing tennis but he said he'd fit in my 5 overs and innings between and after my 2 tennis matches by juggling the batting order and bowling me whenever I was free. I played 2 matches which went to 3 sets, bowled 5 overs and had my innings all in the same night. I was batting with the Aussie pro and the B*gger ran me out doing a Geoffrey Boycott (yes, no, yes, no; you're on your own, I'm not getting run out).
A competitive series is in everyone's interests. I head to The Gabba for the first test most seasons and quiz the Aussies how such dominance can be entertaining but they seem to enjoy it anyway. Probably the booze ...

"Yes, No, Sorry" is a frequent but never good call in my grade.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out I will be in London for the 5th test at the Oval.......... my favourite. Day 1 of the test is my free day so if anyone hear's of any tickets begging ..... shout out. Tough ask I should imagine.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just found out I will be in London for the 5th test at the Oval.......... my favourite. Day 1 of the test is my free day so if anyone hear's of any tickets begging ..... shout out. Tough ask I should imagine.
Well if they will play Ashes tests at grounds with < 30,000 capacity. Scale the gasometer if you can't get tickets, it has a lovely presence over the ground.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well if they will play Ashes tests at grounds with < 30,000 capacity. Scale the gasometer if you can't get tickets, it has a lovely presence over the ground.
But you would never know the validity of that statement would you because your blinkers are on and its been drummed into your Melbournian brain that there's only one ground in the cricketing world. . Of course if you like no atmosphere, watching dots run around the field that's fine.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good game looming on Saturday (I think its Saturday). NZ and Eng sharing the spoils 2 2 in the ODI's going down to a decider. Should be a good one.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But you would never know the validity of that statement would you because your blinkers are on and its been drummed into your Melbournian brain that there's only one ground in the cricketing world. . Of course if you like no atmosphere, watching dots run around the field that's fine.
Nothing to do with being Melburnian at all; I've seen more games at the Oval on TV than you've had hot dinners (don't patronise me and say you have to be there to experience it), last one a few days ago, the rain affected ODI, prior to that the England/NZ test. If you can't see that you are struggling to get a ticket because of the feeble capacity of the ground, a major venue in London, then so be it. Get you eyes tested if you can't see all the action, in comfort, at the G. I shouldn't need to go into why the ground area at the G is what it is so that it is a multi sport, all year round venue. The Oval for part of the year, other than internationals, is populated by a few rah, rah chaps and their dog to watch Surrey.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 18th 2015 at 7:47 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.