The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's not that simple though. The worthless duck system can never take into account strategy. (ok, no teams ever have strategy).

Also a spare day set aside in case there is rain, but rather reduce the overs than use it. I just don't get it.

But hey, I'm Oz now and will support Australia.
And if it rains on the spare day and you forego a 43 over match by giving up when there's a bit of rain? I've always thought the team batting first should factor in the possibility of a D/L revised target if the forecast is for some rain.

Excellent performance by Australia. As I said earlier, I didn't think India's bowling was good enough to restrict Australia to a target they could chase. What India did do is keep it down to 328 when it could have been much higher when the platform was established by Smith and Finch and Maxwell was starting to fire. Watson and Clarke nearly made the innings stumble but Johnson chipped in with the runs at the end which put it out of India's grasp.

It should be a great competitive final and the right 2 teams in it. They've proven they are the best 2 and host nations to boot. Both teams are very good at batting, bowling and fielding with astute captains and coaching staff and few teams in the competition can say that.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The cricket thread has gone very quiet with Poms long departed, Saffers etc.

I hope Mitch Starc practises bowling some underarm deliveries in case they are needed at the death.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's not that simple though. The worthless duck system can never take into account strategy. (ok, no teams ever have strategy).

Also a spare day set aside in case there is rain, but rather reduce the overs than use it. I just don't get it.

But hey, I'm Oz now and will support Australia.
Stuff that, I'll be cheering for the Kiwis
Old Mar 28th 2015, 11:42 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Clarke announces ODI retirement | cricket.com.au

Now there's a shock.....I wouldn't be surprised that it was arranged prior to the start of the World Cup between himself, Cricket Australia and Smith. Being cynical, I also wouldn't be surprised if he retires from Test cricket after the next Ashes series.....
Old Mar 28th 2015, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Clarke announces ODI retirement | cricket.com.au

Now there's a shock.....I wouldn't be surprised that it was arranged prior to the start of the World Cup between himself, Cricket Australia and Smith. Being cynical, I also wouldn't be surprised if he retires from Test cricket after the next Ashes series.....
And the problem is? Clarke was captain of test and ODI teams; has a bad injury; comes back after injury to captain the team. Smith does an excellent job filling in with test side; as does Bailey with ODI side. Clark's nearing the end of his career; it's up to him and CA to time his departure.

I expect Clarke to play on at test level, fitness depending, for more than the next Ashes series. Smith will be vice captain; Bailey will captain the T20 team and Smith the ODI team.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looking good at half time (says he to all the long departed supposed cricket fans who have given up posting).
Old Mar 29th 2015, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Looking good at half time (says he to all the long departed supposed cricket fans who have given up posting).
I'm still here - watching it at work with two Aussies who keep asking if I'm aware that England aren't in the final and other such dumb questions

I have a ticket for Lords in my sticky paw.......wonder if England should be heading for Lourdes instead this year?
Old Mar 29th 2015, 9:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I watched for a while earlier - happy to watch any cricket
Old Mar 29th 2015, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I was just going to post that it's nice for Clarkie to get his 50, and a not out would crown his 1 day career perfectly as captain of the world champions, but as you're being a dick, I hope he's retiring cos he caught syphilis off Lara Bingle
Old Mar 29th 2015, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Hats off to the convicts, they were brilliant throughout the tournament. If we had their fighting spirit we'd be much better opposition. They'll be getting messy tonight
Old Mar 29th 2015, 10:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Against all expectation these plucky Aussie underdogs have beaten incredible odds to take cricket's most coveted trophy. Amazing scenes!

Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:01 am
Account Closed

There's the way to congratulate tour world cup winning side, make em drink VB
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
There's the way to congratulate tour world cup winning side, make em drink VB
thanks gawd we didn't win
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:30 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Against all expectation these plucky Aussie underdogs have beaten incredible odds to take cricket's most coveted trophy. Amazing scenes!

Just when everyone was thinking that New Zealand were the underdogs for this match and series.....so much that New Zealand Cricket had to coax Daniel Vittori out of retirement to play........
Old Mar 29th 2015, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Just when everyone was thinking that New Zealand were the underdogs for this match and series.....so much that New Zealand Cricket had to coax Daniel Vittori out of retirement to play........
NZ have been the best ODI side in the lead up to the tournament and in the lead up to the final were about equal to Australia so more was actually expected of them in the final but I guess it was one game too far and one game away from home in different conditions. Starc bowling McCullum in stunning style almost determined the result, Elliott and Taylor aside they were rabbits in headlights for much of the game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.