Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:39 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Originally Posted by Wendy
We went to the beach at Glenelg here is SA last year. It was packed! I'm not kidding Sam it was pretty awful, lots of people pushing and shoving to get to the front just to wave to the camera To be honest I was pretty disgusted at the behaviour of the so called adults - my 8 year old daughter got pushed and shoved quite a lot, and my 4 year old niece was stood on by one delighful lady who didn't even have the deceny to say sorry to her.

After saying that my son managed to get on TV (just!) and was even on the small clip they put on the GMTV website. I am glad I went as it's something I wanted to do, but I won't do it again.

The weather was crap too, it rained most of the day
Back in Xmas 2005, went to Mrs McQuarries chair with all the other ex-pats, tourists etc for the yearly beamback to GMTV to say hi to relatives back home.

Went with my 2 girls (then aged 20 and 19) and managed to get our 30 secs of individual fame with a personal interview on the basis that (my misses) their Mum had been abandoned back in blighty. Nice for her and the other friends/relatives to see us sunning ourselves with the Opera House in the background while they had the central heating up full blast. A slight irony that the only time I've got on UK national tv was from 10,000 miles away.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I can't think of anything worse than spending Xmas morning on the beach with thousands of plebby Brits and their stupid flags.

What is it with all the regional flags people seem to want to display in public on auspicious days like Xmas, or even worse Australia day? (No wonder it kicked off at Mullaloo last year). No one cares that you are from Hartlepool or East Kilmarnock, you might but no one else does.

Get Skype, much better idea.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I have only just this year felt anything remotely like a Christmassy feeling and this is my 3rd Xmas in Australia! I think it's pretty normal to feel what you are feeling, and you don't even have the luxury of being able to share it with Mr PP so it will be even tougher for you.

Just take it easy Sam, don't put any pressure on yourself to feel 'normal' as it will be different. It does get easier as time goes by though
I agree, our 4th christmas and still doesnt feel right.....!!!
And yes, you do miss family more at this time of year, I always feel teary after webcamming my parents on xmas day whereas any other day i'm fine....!
all part and parcel i guess
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

So if it doesn't feel right go ahead and have your trad English Chirstmas feast. I alternate. We have a vast roast and veg, Xmas puds, brandy balls and the lot and then I say I'm never doing it again and we're having a barbie next year. Trouble is noone thinks a barbie was a real Xmas even if we have special stuff.
WE do the church thing. We go to carols in the park or whatever and walk lunch off on the beach then go visiting people. It's just different without family but you caqn make your own traditions. When we lived in a housebus, we used to gather pine and greenery to decorate the bus and bake star shaped shortbread which we decorated with silver balls and hung from the handrails. It was still special.

Last edited by kiwinow; Nov 30th 2008 at 2:21 am.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

i dont mean the food doesnt feel right, just having christmas when it's hot... i always feel christmassy when it's colder!!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Can anyone tell me when its on this year

Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

HJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant future

Christmas Eve
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

There at cottlesloe on Monday 22nd December between 2pm amd 5pm.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

HJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant future

where are they on xmas eve as their website states xmas eve??
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney on 23rd and Perth on the 24th

Are you celebrating Christmas Down Under? Join GMTV in Sydney and Perth next week to pass on your Christmas messages to family back home
Tuesday 23rd December - SYDNEY – Macquaries Point, next to the Fleet Steps
We advise you get there half an hour before we go on air which is 4:30pm in Sydney and we'll be on air until 8:25pm (which is 5:30am to 9:25am GMT).
We'll be in an area called Fleet Steps North, adjacent to Mrs Macquarie's Point. It can be accessed by either walking through the Botanical Gardens towards Mrs Macquarie's Point, or by parking on Mrs Macquarie's Road, and walking down the Fleet Steps.
Wednesday 24th December - PERTH - Cottesloe Beach in "The Groyne" area of the beach
We advise you get there half an hour before we go on air which is 2:30pm in Sydney and we'll be on air until 6:25pm (which is 5:30am to 9:25am GMT).
Bring plenty of water, a sun cream and sunhats.

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=32513
Old Dec 20th 2008, 12:18 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney on 23rd and Perth on the 24th

Are you celebrating Christmas Down Under? Join GMTV in Sydney and Perth next week to pass on your Christmas messages to family back home
Tuesday 23rd December - SYDNEY – Macquaries Point, next to the Fleet Steps
We advise you get there half an hour before we go on air which is 4:30pm in Sydney and we'll be on air until 8:25pm (which is 5:30am to 9:25am GMT).
We'll be in an area called Fleet Steps North, adjacent to Mrs Macquarie's Point. It can be accessed by either walking through the Botanical Gardens towards Mrs Macquarie's Point, or by parking on Mrs Macquarie's Road, and walking down the Fleet Steps.
Wednesday 24th December - PERTH - Cottesloe Beach in "The Groyne" area of the beach
We advise you get there half an hour before we go on air which is 2:30pm in Sydney and we'll be on air until 6:25pm (which is 5:30am to 9:25am GMT).
Bring plenty of water, a sun cream and sunhats.

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=32513

My family are unrealistically thinking I will get on and they will get a glimpse of me or something.

I feel like crying
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
My family are unrealistically thinking I will get on and they will get a glimpse of me or something.

I feel like crying

You might get on Sam. Best way to get a chance is by doing a really good banner
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You might get on Sam. Best way to get a chance is by doing a really good banner
I shall wave my Marks and Spencers bra - that will do it.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I shall wave my Marks and Spencers bra - that will do it.

Yup, it probably would....especially if you had just taken it off
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:13 am

Yup, it probably would....especially if you had just taken it off
I shall wave the twins around and bounce about and hurt people. failing that, I will have a temper tantrum, throw myself on the floor and wet my knickers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.