Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

My family want me to go to where GMTV are filming for Christmas. I reckon there will be no chance to get on TV as so many people make it their own mission.

Although my mate got on there 2 years ago and her Mum saw her

Has anyone ever been to the beach and got on TV for the GMTV christmas filming and how did it make you feel? My friend said she felt ever so sad after her Mum called her to say that she had seen her.

I will go - just to see the crowds getting filmed but I cant envisage being lucky enough to get filmed.

It so doesnt feel like christmas to me at the moment, the shops make far more of an effort here than they ever did where I lived in the UK, it just feels rather odd.

Mr PP is working xmas day we think so I am going to go to South Beach I reckon.

But I would like to know if anyone has done the Cottesloe thing at Christmas.

Oh yes, Polar Xpress with Tom Hanks is on Channel 9 at the moment, I love the Christmas movies
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cottelsoe Beach and GMTV

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
My family want me to go to where GMTV are filming for Christmas. I reckon there will be no chance to get on TV as so many people make it their own mission.

Although my mate got on there 2 years ago and her Mum saw her

Has anyone ever been to the beach and got on TV for the GMTV christmas filming and how did it make you feel? My friend said she felt ever so sad after her Mum called her to say that she had seen her.

I will go - just to see the crowds getting filmed but I cant envisage being lucky enough to get filmed.

It so doesnt feel like christmas to me at the moment, the shops make far more of an effort here than they ever did where I lived in the UK, it just feels rather odd.

Mr PP is working xmas day we think so I am going to go to South Beach I reckon.

But I would like to know if anyone has done the Cottesloe thing at Christmas.

Oh yes, Polar Xpress with Tom Hanks is on Channel 9 at the moment, I love the Christmas movies

We went to the beach at Glenelg here is SA last year. It was packed! I'm not kidding Sam it was pretty awful, lots of people pushing and shoving to get to the front just to wave to the camera To be honest I was pretty disgusted at the behaviour of the so called adults - my 8 year old daughter got pushed and shoved quite a lot, and my 4 year old niece was stood on by one delighful lady who didn't even have the deceny to say sorry to her.

After saying that my son managed to get on TV (just!) and was even on the small clip they put on the GMTV website. I am glad I went as it's something I wanted to do, but I won't do it again.

The weather was crap too, it rained most of the day
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
We went to the beach at Glenelg here is SA last year. It was packed! I'm not kidding Sam it was pretty awful, lots of people pushing and shoving to get to the front just to wave to the camera To be honest I was pretty disgusted at the behaviour of the so called adults - my 8 year old daughter got pushed and shoved quite a lot, and my 4 year old niece was stood on by one delighful lady who didn't even have the deceny to say sorry to her.

After saying that my son managed to get on TV (just!) and was even on the small clip they put on the GMTV website. I am glad I went as it's something I wanted to do, but I won't do it again.

The weather was crap too, it rained most of the day
Its bloody bedlam down there!!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt someone complain of a Welsh family that stood on and really hurt their kids - pushing and shoving to get on camera - I think it was last year.

Oh dear, I shall tell Dad not to expect anything.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt someone complain of a Welsh family that stood on and really hurt their kids - pushing and shoving to get on camera - I think it was last year.

I think there was something posted along those lines, I may just go and have a look for it

To be honest Sam, I think a 'home made' video would be better at least your Dad gets to see just you then and what a lovely gift that would be - maybe you could film something and youtube it? or even just post it across to him
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:16 am

I think there was something posted along those lines, I may just go and have a look for it

To be honest Sam, I think a 'home made' video would be better at least your Dad gets to see just you then and what a lovely gift that would be - maybe you could film something and youtube it? or even just post it across to him
I know you are right Wendy, they have all convinced themselves I will be able to do it.

Short of flashing my tits on the beach there is no chance, I might go down and observe from a distance - for the experience.

I always got quite tearful watching the Christmas live feeds, never ever did I realise I would be one of those people wanting to give my family a 2 second glimpse of myself.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Seriously Sam, there is so much pushing and shoving..it can get quite nasty....shame really!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Seriously Sam, there is so much pushing and shoving..it can get quite nasty....shame really!
I do remember seeing on TV a Welsh flag that was so big it took up alot of space, I remember thinking that several people could have stood in its place to wave to their loved ones, instead the flag took up the space and the family behind it - perhaps that was the family that did the shoving, I dont know but I remember a post telling everyone about it - fancy adults pushing little kids like that.

I shall watch from afar, just to say Ive been there.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I went the first christmas I was here and some scottish woman pushed my little one over who was only 3 at the time. I haven't been since.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
I went the first christmas I was here and some scottish woman pushed my little one over who was only 3 at the time. I haven't been since.
Are you serious?

God I bet you were mad

What did you say?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do remember seeing on TV a Welsh flag that was so big it took up alot of space, I remember thinking that several people could have stood in its place to wave to their loved ones, instead the flag took up the space and the family behind it - perhaps that was the family that did the shoving, I dont know but I remember a post telling everyone about it - fancy adults pushing little kids like that.

I shall watch from afar, just to say Ive been there.

It's worth it for the experience Sam, it might be a huge waste of time - but you won't know if you don't go
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I always got quite tearful watching the Christmas live feeds, never ever did I realise I would be one of those people wanting to give my family a 2 second glimpse of myself.[/QUOTE]

Hey Sam, you are as daft as me..............I used to spend all xmas afternoon..watchung teh Noel Edmunds christmas special...with all the fake snow....crying me bleeding eyes out!! Daft Cow!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:28 am

It's worth it for the experience Sam, it might be a huge waste of time - but you won't know if you don't go
I know, I am feeling ever so sad about Christmas. I dont know why because Mr PP and I always spend it on our own anyway so it shouldnt be any different.

I guess I dont want Mr PP to work, I might hook up with a work pal to go to the beach. We dont even have a BBQ yet - buying a house is so expensive and I said to Mr PP that we have more urgent things to pay for such as our termite treatment is now due (high risk area) and a couple of other things.

Then I look at the garden which is in such a bad need of a garden makeover it isnt true and you wonder how/when it will get sorted.

I cant put decorations up as Gordon will eat them and no doubt Rocky the Super Kelpie will help him

Mr PP said we are going to fill the fridge with goodies and I shall go to South Beach for a swim - I cant wait for that - Perths beaches really are something special and it will be nice and hot.

Its just strange Wendy, I cant describe why but it is, probably to do with my Mum and everything. I shall build my own tradition but I guess I am just floundering a bit.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I always got quite tearful watching the Christmas live feeds, never ever did I realise I would be one of those people wanting to give my family a 2 second glimpse of myself.

Hey Sam, you are as daft as me..............I used to spend all xmas afternoon..watchung teh Noel Edmunds christmas special...with all the fake snow....crying me bleeding eyes out!! Daft Cow!![/QUOTE]

Noel Edmunds Christmas Presents! I remember that and boy have I sobbed over that!

Lately I have been dreaming that someone somewhere flies my Dad/family out to surprise me and they turn up at my office.

Well a girl can dream....
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
I would have punched her in the mouth!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.