The cost of things

Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:25 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The cost of things

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
Fine. But that is specific to your job rather than a general trend of Australia being better than the UK for salaries.
Oh, absolutely. Overall I would say that the UK offers far greater potential for experienced, high level professionals. And I did say that I represent the exception.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Are the swings cheaper than the roundabouts... or vice versa?
I haven't worked it out yet. The last guy who asked me that question was trying to sell me a slide.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:33 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: The cost of things

Originally Posted by IndieG
Why is ginger so expensive? $30 a kg in the local fruit&veg shop and $ 25 in Safeway
17th November, 2009
Takeaway prices up as ginger goes short
The price of Indian and Chinese food could rocket this winter as the cost of ginger more than doubles.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/770872-t...ger-goes-short

Dec 2009
Ginger prices set to skyrocket on swine flu fears:
Ginger, an important ingredient in global cuisine, has seen increased demand in China during the current influenza season.
Retail ginger prices have increased 85 per cent in China in under a year.
http://www.foodweek.com.au/main-feat...e.aspx?ID=5929

Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
buy a house with a mature tree in it... like we did...

sorted
I will swop you some grapes and rosemary for some avos.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I think ginger is easy to grow in a pot,but I could be wrong.
Yeah, will google and find out. Coriander & green chillis are really easy! Must buy some pots and soil and motivate myself to do a bit of gardening
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I have planted lots of edible things- avos and ginger included. Ginger I am going to harvest in May but I have been sneaking a look and its already looking good. Hasnt struggled at all and its in a not so fertile part of the garden.

The thing that is going really well is the lychees.

I cant wait 5 years for it all to come to fruition!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
17th November, 2009
Takeaway prices up as ginger goes short
The price of Indian and Chinese food could rocket this winter as the cost of ginger more than doubles.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/770872-t...ger-goes-short

Dec 2009
Ginger prices set to skyrocket on swine flu fears:
Ginger, an important ingredient in global cuisine, has seen increased demand in China during the current influenza season.
Retail ginger prices have increased 85 per cent in China in under a year.
http://www.foodweek.com.au/main-feat...e.aspx?ID=5929
Ginger (from China) was really cheap in Dubai - about $3 a kg when I visited in Jan.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I will swop you some grapes and rosemary for some avos.
remind me in August and we'll do a deal... do the grapes come ready made into wine by any chance? Its the only way I eat them...
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oh, absolutely. Overall I would say that the UK offers far greater potential for experienced, high level professionals. And I did say that I represent the exception.
Might be true in absolute terms, and depending where you focus - but there will be chances in Australia, make no mistake. You can't completely write it off.

Look at Mike Smith, CEO of ANZ. British boy(!)
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
remind me in August and we'll do a deal... do the grapes come ready made into wine by any chance? Its the only way I eat them...
Actually we never get round to eating them.just when they are ready to be eaten the parrots swoop in.Its amazing to watch them as they spit the seeds out and eat the grapes.They make a huge mess but it is fun to watch.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
I think this is maybe tongue in cheek humour??? am I right??
No you're wrong!Seriously,I don't see the point in them.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
No you're wrong!Seriously,I don't see the point in them.
OK OK point taken