Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Flying hime today, it'll be 29 weeks to the day since I was last at home with my family. My emotions are up and down like a prostitute's pants, and for some weird reason I'm nervous would you believe.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Flying hime today, it'll be 29 weeks to the day since I was last at home with my family. My emotions are up and down like a prostitute's pants, and for some weird reason I'm nervous would you believe.
Yay!! It's been a long time coming. Of course you're nervous, re-read my armchair psychology post

You'll adjust and get back into a routine Steve. If you can, grab a pressie for the missus at either airport. We go all mushy when we get a pressie, it's the fact that our bloke has thought about doing something nice for us.

Deep breaths, pull your pants emotions up and safe travels mate.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yay!! It's been a long time coming. Of course you're nervous, re-read my armchair psychology post

You'll adjust and get back into a routine Steve. If you can, grab a pressie for the missus at either airport. We go all mushy when we get a pressie, it's the fact that our bloke has thought about doing something nice for us.

Deep breaths, pull your pants emotions up and safe travels mate.
cheers missus, and thank you for reminding me / us all what a great forum this can be when a bit of an uplift and support is needed. love your work
Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

cheers missus, and thank you for reminding me / us all what a great forum this can be when a bit of an uplift and support is needed. love your work
Oh! Thanks Steve, I feel as though I've had a pressie too now
Old Oct 5th 2020, 1:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy champ

You've earned it!
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels. Things will be weird for a week then life will return to normal.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone taken some nice local holidays with summer approaching? Not often I get to see much of local, drivable Oz but with the borders closed the UK and follow on European holidays have taken a back seat. Mrs Beoz no longer finding and booking those London flights. Thank goodness, not missing planes at all

Just took a little break up the coast of NSW to Port Stephens for a few days (my favourite place in Oz) followed by a drive out through Singleton, around the back of the mountains (hills), through the Apple orchards of Bilpin then back home. Bit of camping, bit of Airbnb and a bit of hotel.

So grateful for COVID on that front. Beautiful scenery, beaches, bush, river swims, escarpments, up and over that way. And also grateful to see what Oz has to offer away from the tourist traps.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Enjoy champ

You've earned it!
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Safe travels. Things will be weird for a week then life will return to normal.
cheers guys, I shall be spending the rest of the week in my armchair with my dog on my lap haha
Old Oct 6th 2020, 12:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

cheers guys, I shall be spending the rest of the week in my armchair with my dog on my lap haha
Sounds good - glad you made it home okay.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sounds good - glad you made it home okay.
Not quite there yet, on my way to Perth airport from the hotel, this is a long drawn out journey lol
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite there yet, on my way to Perth airport from the hotel, this is a long drawn out journey lol
Close, but no cigar

How long until you get home?
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Close, but no cigar

How long until you get home?
haha, about 6 hours give or take, I just want to get on that plane and sleep the entire journey now
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:16 am

haha, about 6 hours give or take, I just want to get on that plane and sleep the entire journey now
Not too long left then - you can sleep all the way
Old Oct 17th 2020, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Home and settling in for nearly 2 weeks now with the help of records and beer. Love life off to a dodgy start, our pooch Leila gets very jealous when we have a kiss she either jumps in and breaks it up or she bites my foot . Can't lock her out as she whinges and I feel guilty, oh well
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:51 am
Account Closed

Hats off to the people of Melbourne/ Victoria, they've done it tougher than any of us. Fair play to them, and fair play to Dan, even though he did put ice in his celebration single malt, bloody philistine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.