Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Dec 11th 2020, 11:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Tearful mum on the phone last night, aunty Margaret passed away, aunty Cathy is in hospital in a bad way, cousin Serena, her husband Barry and their littlun all laid up with COVID, serena not doing well at all. Mum and dad have done the right thing and stayed away, although 2 of their neighbours have died from covid over the last couple of months. Sad as this makes me, it also makes me angry that the likes of Bozo peddle their brand of shit regardless of the cost, because it's no cost to them other than financial. **** you and your economy bozo. Rant over, that's much better.
I understand the anger but far out that's scary sad. I was just reading a friend's FB post (lives in my old home town) that their case numbers are around 300+. I honestly cannot get my head around it, we are so unaffected (health wise) here. Fingers crossed your mum and dad stay safe and not too messed up mentally by staying safe. Other fingers crossed for the relatives.
Old Dec 12th 2020, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I understand the anger but far out that's scary sad. I was just reading a friend's FB post (lives in my old home town) that their case numbers are around 300+. I honestly cannot get my head around it, we are so unaffected (health wise) here. Fingers crossed your mum and dad stay safe and not too messed up mentally by staying safe. Other fingers crossed for the relatives.
cheers for that Pen, just had another chat with mum and dad, another 4 positive tests, so more of my family have it, than don't have it which is scary sad you're right. We honestly don't know how lucky we are here.
Old Dec 13th 2020, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Tearful mum on the phone last night, aunty Margaret passed away, aunty Cathy is in hospital in a bad way, cousin Serena, her husband Barry and their littlun all laid up with COVID, serena not doing well at all. Mum and dad have done the right thing and stayed away, although 2 of their neighbours have died from covid over the last couple of months. Sad as this makes me, it also makes me angry that the likes of Bozo peddle their brand of shit regardless of the cost, because it's no cost to them other than financial. **** you and your economy bozo. Rant over, that's much better.
I've been through "lives taken too early" grief before, so have some inkling of what you may be feeling. But not at such overwhelming scale, not all at once.

You come across as a competent, intelligent, caring individual on these forums, and, well, your wider family clearly needs you to continue to be all of those things, a touchstone of sorts (even from any necessary geographical distance).

F*** the Bozos, take care of your own, and don't forget to take care of yourself. You don't have to be perfect, and you're almost certain to do good.

Last edited by abner; Dec 13th 2020 at 6:20 am.
Old Dec 13th 2020, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by abner
I've been through "lives taken too early" grief before, so have some inkling of what you may be feeling. But not at such overwhelming scale, not all at once.

You come across as a competent, intelligent, caring individual on these forums, and, well, your wider family clearly needs you to continue to be all of those things, a touchstone of sorts (even from any necessary geographical distance).

F*** the Bozos, take care of your own, and don't forget to take care of yourself. You don't have to be perfect, and you're almost certain to do good.
probably not so much of the intelligent but thanks . People like him just make my piss boil, and I know I'm far from the only one. This pandemic has really separated the men from the boys, and bozo has shown himself up as a nasty little boy.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, gonna be video linking mum and dad every other night now, as I'm getting a bit concerned, the old man has to have his gall bladder out soon too, although stones were far better than the alternative obviously. It's all a bit of a mess really.
Old Dec 13th 2020, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by abner

probably not so much of the intelligent but thanks . People like him just make my piss boil, and I know I'm far from the only one. This pandemic has really separated the men from the boys, and bozo has shown himself up as a nasty little boy.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, gonna be video linking mum and dad every other night now, as I'm getting a bit concerned, the old man has to have his gall bladder out soon too, although stones were far better than the alternative obviously. It's all a bit of a mess really.

Stay safe
Old Dec 14th 2020, 6:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We're kind of in a non-Chinese flu bubble here in Australia. We've sailed through it relatively unscathed but in recent weeks it's hit home personally. A good friend of mine died from it in South Africa - a massive, f**ked up shock. My age but, I believe, had underlying health issues. My wife's best friend in Berkshire has it. Fortunately, she hasn't passed it on to her family and they are all isolating

A shit year
Old Dec 14th 2020, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We're kind of in a non-Chinese flu bubble here in Australia. We've sailed through it relatively unscathed but in recent weeks it's hit home personally. A good friend of mine died from it in South Africa - a massive, f**ked up shock. My age but, I believe, had underlying health issues. My wife's best friend in Berkshire has it. Fortunately, she hasn't passed it on to her family and they are all isolating

A shit year
It's messed up geeze, sorry to hear this. There are less and less people unaffected by it on a daily basis, I think they're in the minority now which is a far cry from where we were a few months ago. As you say, a shit year, take it easy fella.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 7:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's messed up geeze, sorry to hear this. There are less and less people unaffected by it on a daily basis, I think they're in the minority now which is a far cry from where we were a few months ago. As you say, a shit year, take it easy fella.
My mate Stevie was someone who I liked a lot. Like a lot of people back in SA, I hadn't had much communication with him in recent years but I did consider him a good friend. He leaves behind a teenage daughter who he was very close to, which is really sad

You too champ
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Hope everyone in and around the Northern beaches is ok. Looks like it's our turn to be Australia's sick boy. Take care all.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone in and around the Northern beaches is ok. Looks like it's our turn to be Australia's sick boy. Take care all.
Considering the queues to get into QLD the past few days, I imagine we'll be the sick boy in a week or so.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 8:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So sorry to read about your family Steve. It really is dreadful back there . We have several folks not at all well atm and more to come I suspect due to slack useless covid approach by the uk govt. Cousin of himself and lovely young pal of mine is in huge pain re her gall bladder. Was due to have it out last week except she now has covid likely from work at school so op put on hold . It is all an absolute disgrace to put it mildly. How anyone can still cling to the idea this is a flu or would put £ $ before lives health and welfare is not something I would ever understand. So bluddy selfish . Ugh
Old Dec 25th 2020, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Doh... posted on the wrong thread. I blame the bubbly. Bring on the Harveys Bristol Cream....

Last edited by louie; Dec 25th 2020 at 1:37 am. Reason: Oops
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:26 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

how are you guys doing with regards to getting vaccinated? Are things about to speed up or are we still months away from a full-speed roll-out?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by astera
how are you guys doing with regards to getting vaccinated? Are things about to speed up or are we still months away from a full-speed roll-out?
I don't think it matters. We've been so lightly affected (relatively speaking) and international flights are still a fair way off. It's not like it's necessary to get everyone done immediately.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 1:10 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

International flights and the final easing of all restrictions will only be possible once the majority of the population is vaccinated. The ultimate aim aka "return to normal" is reliant on the mass-vaccination drive.

I would imagine that the best time to speed things up is when everything is going fine. Like now. Who knows when another Melbourne-type outbreak will reappear, forcing states to put up the shutters and splitting Coolangatta in two once again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.