Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cool famous quotes......

Cool famous quotes......

Old May 26th 2009, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cool famous quotes......

Originally Posted by kporte
Gordon Strachan classics

Reporter: Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?
Strachan: I don't care, I'm Scottish.

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" [walks off]

Reporter: Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you play?
Strachan: If I was English I'd kill myself! ...

Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?
Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless."

Reporter: You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?
Strachan: I don't take stupid comments lightly either

class
Old May 26th 2009, 3:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never seen such a small one

Rugbymatt's bird
Old May 26th 2009, 3:30 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Rugbymatt's bird
Is it in yet?

kporte's bird
Old May 26th 2009, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Burbage
Is it in yet?

kporte's bird
Don't tell the wife about her!
Did I diss your fella?
Old May 26th 2009, 3:36 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell the wife about her!
Did I diss your fella?
What is this diss? Is that English?

He who throws the first rock old bean.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:38 am
Account Closed

What is this diss? Is that English?

He who throws the first rock old bean.
Hip talk. The language evolves.

I didn't throw any rocks at you though?
Old May 26th 2009, 3:42 am
Demi-God

Hip talk. The language evolves.

I didn't throw any rocks at you though?
Hitler concentrated on Poles. Didn't stop Britain and France declaring war on him.

In fairness, the Americans didn't declare war on him. But that was because they were scared.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:21 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Rugbymatt's bird

I was thinking more along the lines of Rugbymatt's queen.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:27 am
Account Closed

Hitler concentrated on Poles. Didn't stop Britain and France declaring war on him.

In fairness, the Americans didn't declare war on him. But that was because they were scared.
But yet without them, we would have lost.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:41 am
Demi-God

But yet without them, we would have lost.
Not really. Without them we wouldn't have lost. But Russia would have won.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Not really. Without them we wouldn't have lost. But Russia would have won.
Really? Would have been invaded in 1940, when we were on our knees, without lend/lease.
The septics kept our heads above water.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:13 am
Demi-God

Really? Would have been invaded in 1940, when we were on our knees, without lend/lease.
The septics kept our heads above water.
Lend lease didn't kick in until after the BOB. Hitler couldn't invade without total air supremacy, since the Royal Navy would have destroyed his invasion fleet. The Russians had already beaten the Germans by the time America fired its first shot in anger. North Africa was won before the Americans arrived there too.

But ensuring that Stalin didn't control Western Europe after tha war. That's what was important about the Americans in the European theatre.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Lend lease didn't kick in until after the BOB. Hitler couldn't invade without total air supremacy, since the Royal Navy would have destroyed his invasion fleet. The Russians had already beaten the Germans by the time America fired its first shot in anger. North Africa was won before the Americans arrived there too.

But ensuring that Stalin didn't control Western Europe after tha war. That's what was important about the Americans in the European theatre.
So you are actually saying that if the Americans never entered the war, we would have won?
Old May 26th 2009, 5:22 am
Demi-God

So you are actually saying that if the Americans never entered the war, we would have won?
No. We wouldn't have been invaded. A different thing. Once Hitler opened a front against Russia the possibility of invading England was gone. He couldn't invade anyway due to the Royal Navy and the fact that he hadn't wiped out the RAF. Once Hitler failed to take Moscow, he'd lost the war. All this happened before America entered the fighting.

Lend lease had a major effect on the north African Campaign, but had little effect elsewhere. But North Africa was a sideshow once Russia was invaded.

Of course, without Britain holding out in 1940 Hitler would probably have beaten Russia and America would never have entered the war in Europe, so you could quite successfully argue that the reason Hitler lost WWII was his failure to invade Britain.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:34 am
Account Closed

No. We wouldn't have been invaded. A different thing. Once Hitler opened a front against Russia the possibility of invading England was gone. He couldn't invade anyway due to the Royal Navy and the fact that he hadn't wiped out the RAF. Once Hitler failed to take Moscow, he'd lost the war. All this happened before America entered the fighting.

Lend lease had a major effect on the north African Campaign, but had little effect elsewhere. But North Africa was a sideshow once Russia was invaded.

Of course, without Britain holding out in 1940 Hitler would probably have beaten Russia and America would never have entered the war in Europe, so you could quite successfully argue that the reason Hitler lost WWII was his failure to invade Britain.
Besides the weather, bad choices and out running the supply lines, the main reason Hitler was not able to press home against the Soviets, was the huge financial aid provided by the Yanks. That and the American and Brit air raids on production in 1942.
The Yanks provided the cash, Brits the time and the Soviets the bodies.
All 3 were crucial.
My original assertion that we would have lost without the Yanks, stands.
Your changed your point from we would not have lost, to, would not be invaded.
You seem to move the goalposts a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.