Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

common link to the riots

common link to the riots

Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: common link to the riots

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
The host was implying that the riots are a result of out of control immigration in the UK.
To be fair, the majority of the rioters are black, if there hadn't been a wave of post-war immigration from the Caribbean then these riots would not be happening.

I admire black British people, they take NO SHIT whatsoever, contrast these riots with the pansy student protests when all the cops have to do is "kettle" the cowering crowd. Rub them up the wrong way or "disrespect" them and you have a big situation on your hands.

I'm not condoning whats going on but you have to either be naive or are ignoring the racial aspect deliberately.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:53 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Because they are in England?

Originally Posted by Rambi
Any ideas on why, so far, this is happening in English cities?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:53 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
To be fair, the majority of the rioters are black, if there hadn't been a wave of post-war immigration from the Caribbean then these riots would not be happening.
Blimey! Have you done a count?

You can't blame this on post-war immigration! That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard you say.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:56 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Because they are in England?
Not sure if that was a deliberately dumb response so I'll elaborate.

Why's this happening in England and not in other parts of the UK (so far)?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Blimey! Have you done a count?
No, but I've got eyes. It was the same in the 80's riots only back then they referred to them as "race riots" because the majority taking part were black. They are not referring to race this time because people are terrified of the PC brigade.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:58 am

Not sure if that was a deliberately dumb response so I'll elaborate.

Why's this happening in England and not in other parts of the UK (so far)?
Perhaps the Scots, Irish and Welsh are all just over rioting.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:59 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Perhaps the Scots, Irish and Welsh are all just over rioting.
Surely the economics must be similar?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:02 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Give it time.....
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:03 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Give it time.....
Hence "so far".

It's taking it's time.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:04 am

No, but I've got eyes. It was the same in the 80's riots only back then they referred to them as "race riots" because the majority taking part were black. They are not referring to race this time because people are terrified of the PC brigade.
I am seeing plenty of white people in these photographs... plenty of white looters and rioters and plenty of black. If you say this is only what you see with your own eyes, then presumably you'd believe anything else the media gives you to look at? Everything is skewed by them given their agenda.

The English like a good riot... it's in the blood. They've been rioting well before any Caribbean people arrived in the country.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:05 am

I was being glib.

Similar economies, different societies? The Welsh ... are they big on rioting? I can't remember many.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Aug 10th 2011 at 2:07 am.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:05 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, the majority of the rioters are black,
Tiddly's referred to it and I've posted the link on the longer-running thread - check out the Met's photos.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if that was a deliberately dumb response
It may not have been deliberate.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:09 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/

Spot anyone you know?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:10 am

I particularly like this fine example of female humanity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropo...ce/6024941771/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.