Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

common link to the riots

common link to the riots

Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: common link to the riots

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first contestant!

Everything is all fandabaloso in the UK, nothing whatsoever to worry about!

Carry on as usual.
You really have become a one trick pony

carry on posturing
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:01 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

There is definitely a small % of the UK population that your description fits as long as you are open minded enough to know that all those things apply equally to Australia. As someone who has lived here MANY years I have seen the huge changes and I don't like it in either country.
The young people (children of friends) we personally know in the UK all either work or are at Uni and are without exception a credit to their parents. The same applies to those here.

This post is not intended as a Australia v UK one, although I'm sure many on here will make it so (do what you gotta do haters). Sadly, these riots are a damning indictment of what UK society has become. Too many years of PC government, soft policing, a too liberal judicary, the endless welfare state, multiculturalism, non-integration, the breakdown of the family unit, the lack of respect from a lot of the population, the fact that a career in the UK now requires a degree, the destruction of the working-class. This has bred a generation with no values, no father figures or role models, a dependence on welfare, a lack of respect for the institutions of state, a belief that nothing has to be worked for, nothing to work towards, no ambition, 'what's the point?', a total under-class.

In other words a f**ked up generation.

It's a mess.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

This post is not intended as a Australia v UK one, although I'm sure many on here will make it so (do what you gotta do haters). Sadly, these riots are a damning indictment of what UK society has become. Too many years of PC government, soft policing, a too liberal judicary, the endless welfare state, multiculturalism, non-integration, the breakdown of the family unit, the lack of respect from a lot of the population, the fact that a career in the UK now requires a degree, the destruction of the working-class. This has bred a generation with no values, no father figures or role models, a dependence on welfare, a lack of respect for the institutions of state, a belief that nothing has to be worked for, nothing to work towards, no ambition, 'what's the point?', a total under-class.

It's a mess.

Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

What a damning indictment of Australian society

....a ****ed up generation
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:13 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The mistake you are making is that you think the 'pro' UK bunch think everything is rosy in the UK, the truth as far as I can see is that many people don't subscribe to the quite frankly absurd belief that Britain is going down the tubes because a tiny minority of thugs and scum do the wrong thing. Take a look at the videos of the huge majority who are coming from all over London to help with the clean up.
If it makes you feel better to believe these things then nothing I say or anyone else says will change your opinion but don't expect everyone else to believe it.
If everything here was rosy I could understand your comments but things are very uncertain and could get worse.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first contestant!

Everything is all fandabaloso in the UK, nothing whatsoever to worry about!

Carry on as usual.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
What a damning indictment of Australian society

....a ****ed up generation
And uneducated
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:16 am
Banned

The difference is that is Australia not England. I'm not being flippant but in my experience those who most vociferously express a dislike of the UK will usually excuse similar things here.

Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:19 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

It's a mess.
Sorry fella, that post is too much of a generalisation to not have comment. The mindless idiots who are kicking off are just a very tiny minority. You do NOT need a degree to get a job, just a will to succed and work hard. Yes the police have issues, but not the front line, its the senior police who have confused the police tactics and instilled a fear of reprimand when any racial element is involved. The front line police are heroes, the leaders are those who live and breathe Uni or College theories and do not have to face the wrath of dispassionate youths....Lions led by Donkeys comes to mind here.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:32 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keel
I've been following the "troubles" in the Uk today on the internet and the radio news. After all the in depth analysis etc by the experts there doesn't seem to be any thing to link the rioters/protestors together except that they all seem to be from a lower socio economic group.

Why don't the powers that be get one of their supercomputers to work on the problem. You know analyse the video footage, arrest sheets etc and try to be a bit more specific about who these offenders are.

At the moment after watching the footage on the TV when I got home the only link seems to be that the rioters look out of place north of Africa and West of the middle east.

Surely it can't be as simple as that? If it was why didn't the hundreds of "experts" who have given their 2 bobs worthmention it.

Keel
I think this is your link. White, black, brown or pink they're all knuckle draggers and the best excuse for abortion.
Attached Thumbnails common link to the riots-images.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You really have become a one trick pony

carry on posturing
I've learnt from the BE master of this - you!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I said in my post that it was not an Australia v UK thing. The fact that you want to make it so is your indaba not mine. Do what you gotta do.

I will just add that this shit is happening right now in the UK and not Australia.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by paddyo
Sorry fella, that post is too much of a generalisation to not have comment. The mindless idiots who are kicking off are just a very tiny minority. You do NOT need a degree to get a job, just a will to succed and work hard. Yes the police have issues, but not the front line, its the senior police who have confused the police tactics and instilled a fear of reprimand when any racial element is involved. The front line police are heroes, the leaders are those who live and breathe Uni or College theories and do not have to face the wrath of dispassionate youths....Lions led by Donkeys comes to mind here.
Your opinion and that's cool, you are entitled to it.

I believe in what I posted and I'm sticking with it.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by chris955
The mistake you are making is that you think the 'pro' UK bunch think everything is rosy in the UK, the truth as far as I can see is that many people don't subscribe to the quite frankly absurd belief that Britain is going down the tubes because a tiny minority of thugs and scum do the wrong thing. Take a look at the videos of the huge majority who are coming from all over London to help with the clean up.
If it makes you feel better to believe these things then nothing I say or anyone else says will change your opinion but don't expect everyone else to believe it.
If everything here was rosy I could understand your comments but things are very uncertain and could get worse.
I am not saying that the UK is 'going down the tubes' and have never said this - ever.

Many on here do think 'everything is rosy in the UK'

I did not want to make this UK v AU. If you want to do that then party on champ.

This is happening in the UK not Australia.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Just a couple of young patriots defending their young women - nothing wrong with that.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a couple of young patriots defending their young women - nothing wrong with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.