Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: come on yorkshire lass give me the

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
did you sift the flour?
Do you have to use flour? ...
Old May 20th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Wont you tell us his name, then I can check to see if he has long arm.
Yes my dear I can but you won't find anything on him as he isn't famous. Sorry. Will show you one of the cuttings I have out of one of the papers the next time I see you. Funnily enough I could have introduced you to him when you were down as he was over hear on holidays.

Julia.x
Old May 20th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
Yes my dear I can but you won't find anything on him as he isn't famous. Sorry. Will show you one of the cuttings I have out of one of the papers the next time I see you. Funnily enough I could have introduced you to him when you were down as he was over hear on holidays.

Julia.x

Trust you Julia, the one not so famous person I could have met & what do you do, keep it all to yourself, honestly.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Do you have to use flour? ...

nice 1.
Old May 31st 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Secret is put an extra egg in and watch them rise, IE: 3 eggs instead of two.

Don't bother to weigh things out just use:

8 table spoons of flour
3 Eggs
1/2 pint of any milk
Pinch of salt and pepper

Heat pan until smoking. Pour in batter. Place in oven after 5 mins turn heat down to 220. 15 mins later put on plate and eat your heart out. Lovely jubly me thinks. Got them in the oven this min.

I have just made the best Yorkshire pudding ever, using Julia's recipe, it rose so high it got stuck to the top of the oven, & it tasted so yummy, thank you so much Julia for the best Yorkshire pudding recipe.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I have just made the best Yorkshire pudding ever, using Julia's recipe, it rose so high it got stuck to the top of the oven, & it tasted so yummy, thank you so much Julia for the best Yorkshire pudding recipe.
Told you so. Glad you enjoyed them.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Told you so. Glad you enjoyed them.

It was so big, & Chris kept opening the oven door a few times, I couldnt believe what he was doing.
The kids just ate the yorkshire pudding, wouldnt eat anything else on their plate.

Anymore good tips you have to pass on to me, another thing I'm crazy about, is dumplind, but I dont know how to make dumpling, I always use to get the ready made one from Sainsbury, any chance of you knowing how to cook that one.

Julia you are fantastic.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:31 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Dumplings - take one packet Tandaco suet mix.................
If you're going to cook them in a stew, put about half the contents in a bowl, add salt then mix to a very stiff dough with cold water. Drop teaspoonsfull into stew, lower heat and simmer for about 15 min. - but be careful, they thicken the stew so much that it's almost guaranteed to stick on the bottom of the pan.
But I prefer mine crisp and savoury, so I put whole packet of Suet mix in bowl, add half as much self-raising flour, salt, half a finely chopped onion and a pinch of mixed dried herbs. Add cold water and mix to a scone-type consistency. Drop tablespoonsfull onto greased baking tray and cook in hot oven till golden and crispy, about 20 mins. Serve with stew, pouring the gravy over them. They're also good with a roast as an alternative to Yorkshire Pudding.
The Suet Mix, with added flour, makes fabulous suet crust pastry for meat pies and steak and kidney puddings though it's not kind to your cholesterol levels.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Dumplings - take one packet Tandaco suet mix.................
If you're going to cook them in a stew, put about half the contents in a bowl, add salt then mix to a very stiff dough with cold water. Drop teaspoonsfull into stew, lower heat and simmer for about 15 min. - but be careful, they thicken the stew so much that it's almost guaranteed to stick on the bottom of the pan.
But I prefer mine crisp and savoury, so I put whole packet of Suet mix in bowl, add half as much self-raising flour, salt, half a finely chopped onion and a pinch of mixed dried herbs. Add cold water and mix to a scone-type consistency. Drop tablespoonsfull onto greased baking tray and cook in hot oven till golden and crispy, about 20 mins. Serve with stew, pouring the gravy over them. They're also good with a roast as an alternative to Yorkshire Pudding.
The Suet Mix, with added flour, makes fabulous suet crust pastry for meat pies and steak and kidney puddings though it's not kind to your cholesterol levels.
Thanks for that, it looks a bit complicated but I give it a go, I'll let you know how it comes out, I'll give it try maybe tomorrow.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ingredients:

8OZ/225G SELF RAISING FLOUR
115G/4OZ SUET OR BUTTER.
HANDFULL OF CHOPPED FRESH ROSEMARY, THYME OR FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
30G/1OZ GRATED CHEDDAR OR ANY OTHER CHEESE
1/2 A LEVEL TEASPOON OF SALT
140ML OF COLD WATER.

Add the above ingredients to a bowl slowly mixing in the water till it all comes together.

Divide into 8 pieces and roll into a ball.

Using an oven prood dish.

Place them ontop of your stew or into it if you want as it makes them dark.

Put into your oven for 40 mins at 190 or gas mark 5. Covering the pan for first 25 mins or put a tight-fitting lid on the panand finish it on the stove so the dumplings can steam , for an hour.

Bobs your uncle. Nice firm goey dumplins and stew.

Enjoy. Don't forget Matt's when we come back to see you.

Julia.xx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:47 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes, yes, yes and yes to all of that.

My mum never used milk...just water and her Yorkies were the very best...second only to her scones.
thirded should never wash the tin, just like you shouldnt wash a wok.

ice cold water and let em stand

cold with jam on for pudding
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingredients:

8OZ/225G SELF RAISING FLOUR
115G/4OZ SUET OR BUTTER.
HANDFULL OF CHOPPED FRESH ROSEMARY, THYME OR FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
30G/1OZ GRATED CHEDDAR OR ANY OTHER CHEESE
1/2 A LEVEL TEASPOON OF SALT
140ML OF COLD WATER.

Add the above ingredients to a bowl slowly mixing in the water till it all comes together.

Divide into 8 pieces and roll into a ball.

Using an oven prood dish.

Place them ontop of your stew or into it if you want as it makes them dark.

Put into your oven for 40 mins at 190 or gas mark 5. Covering the pan for first 25 mins or put a tight-fitting lid on the panand finish it on the stove so the dumplings can steam , for an hour.

Bobs your uncle. Nice firm goey dumplins and stew.

Enjoy. Don't forget Matt's when we come back to see you.

Julia.xx
interesting recipe Julia, I didnt realise you put cheese in it, but I like the sound of it, tell Matt he might get it earlier, if we come back to adelaide.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Aldi - Aunt Betties (no not Bessies, but it IS Australia! ... )
Thank God!

For a minute I thought I was actually going to have to learn how to make them
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:35 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
I must make mine really strange compaired to others on here, i just get a cup and fill it with flour, empty into bowl, then with the same amount of milk as the flour, and same again with eggs. It never fails.. Obviously i make sure the fat in the tin is smoking hot before applying the mixture.

That is how I make mine. Same amount of flour, milk and eggs. Whisk and then leave to settle while roast is cooking. Then whisk again just before they go into to smoking hot fat. Do not open the door else they will flop.

We used to eat ours with shredded lettuce, vinegar and sliced onions over them. I think nan added sugar to the vinegar too. This was the starter then we had the roast.

I love my Yorkshire puds!

Jo

Oh and I agree never wash the tins just whip round with some kitchen paper if my nan caught us washing the tins well I darent imagine her reaction LOL

Last edited by joh117; Jun 1st 2008 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Addition to main text