Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

come on yorkshire lass give me the

Wikiposts

come on yorkshire lass give me the

Old May 18th 2008, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: come on yorkshire lass give me the

I was told the flour thing too.... you have two other options... buy european flour at great cost from the weigh n save type of places here or simply use Anchor Cake, pastry and biscuit plain flour.... soft, low in proteinblend... triple sifted, unbleached, vitamin Enriched and Guarenteed results...

make pretty good puds too...
Old May 19th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I was told the flour thing too.... you have two other options... buy european flour at great cost from the weigh n save type of places here or simply use Anchor Cake, pastry and biscuit plain flour.... soft, low in proteinblend... triple sifted, unbleached, vitamin Enriched and Guarenteed results...

make pretty good puds too...

I made my yorkshire pudding last night, but couldnt get to any of the recipe as BE was down, so I remember somebody mentioned you use the same recipe as as if you are making toad in hole, so I follow it from my cook book, & it came out really really good, thanks every one.
Old May 19th 2008, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
recipe for your yorkshire pudding please.
Aldi - Aunt Betties (no not Bessies, but it IS Australia! ... )
Old May 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Aldi - Aunt Betties (no not Bessies, but it IS Australia! ... )
I know, & I have been using it, but it just havent got the taste of the real thing.
you see I enjoy cooking, so I wanted to know how to cook it, & so easy, you should really try it.
Old May 19th 2008, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

I know, & I have been using it, but it just havent got the taste of the real thing.
you see I enjoy cooking, so I wanted to know how to cook it, & so easy, you should really try it.
I did once, ended up with door step yorkshires! ...
Old May 20th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I did once, ended up with door step yorkshires! ...
I dont know what is that?

sometimes I'm a bit slow.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

I dont know what is that?

sometimes I'm a bit slow.
About an inch thick, no rise at all! ...
Old May 20th 2008, 8:16 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

did you sift the flour?
Old May 20th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I made my yorkshire pudding last night, but couldnt get to any of the recipe as BE was down, so I remember somebody mentioned you use the same recipe as as if you are making toad in hole, so I follow it from my cook book, & it came out really really good, thanks every one.
That was me.......it's where my recipe came from (with a little bit of adapting over time!)

They're called Gravy Buns and you get them when a 'non yorkshire' person makes them
Old May 20th 2008, 11:05 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine always end up like that! No matter what i do they end up flat!
Ive got used to having them like it now
Old May 20th 2008, 11:07 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That was me.......it's where my recipe came from (with a little bit of adapting over time!)

They're called Gravy Buns and you get them when a 'non yorkshire' person makes them
Im from next door (lincolnshire) is that why mine dont work . Ahh well ill stick to me Aunt Bessies
Old May 20th 2008, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Racht70
Im from next door (lincolnshire) is that why mine dont work . Ahh well ill stick to me Aunt Bessies

Could be

Try my recipe and see how you go with that
Old May 20th 2008, 11:21 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Yorkshire through and through and I prefer mine like that Not that I have them often these days (once a year when I go back to the UK) but I always loved them cold, next day, with bubble and squeak and lots of pickle. Preferred that to the Sunday roast, actually.

My Mum always made tons of puddings. Sponge-cake size for the men, bun size for the women, served separately but with extras with the meat if you could manage them. Even if she wasn't doing a Sunday dinner, she'd make puddings for her poodles.

(Before anybody horrified comments, she got two poodles to 22 and 23 years and the others to late teens, she cooked their meat for them and my Dad often complained they were better fed than him. )
Old May 20th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Eww, never wash the tin Sorry but I've never heard that before

And I like my puds with my dinner, not before it
Me too - deffo eat with the dinner - but my gran never washes her pudding tins either
Old May 20th 2008, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm no cook but I think my Mum would add: leave the batter to sit for half an hour first, fat should be smoking hot and tins should never be washed.

Note: Yorkshire Puds must be served as a starter, not with the meat and two veg. Perish the thought.

edit: A very emotional subject to Yorkshire folk.
Yes, yes, yes and yes to all of that.

My mum never used milk...just water and her Yorkies were the very best...second only to her scones.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 20th 2008 at 12:08 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.