Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

come on yorkshire lass give me the

come on yorkshire lass give me the

Old May 18th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default come on yorkshire lass give me the

recipe for your yorkshire pudding please.
Old May 18th 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: come on yorkshire lass give me the

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
recipe for your yorkshire pudding please.

75g of plain flour
2 large eggs
3 oz milk
2 oz water
pinch salt and pepper

Put tin in hot (250 degrees) over for 10 mins to warm fat up, then pour in batter and put in oven until risen. DO NOT OPEN IT WHILST THEY ARE COOKING Should make 6 - 8 puds.

I use a muffin tin.
Old May 18th 2008, 1:29 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no cook but I think my Mum would add: leave the batter to sit for half an hour first, fat should be smoking hot and tins should never be washed.

Note: Yorkshire Puds must be served as a starter, not with the meat and two veg. Perish the thought.

edit: A very emotional subject to Yorkshire folk.
Old May 18th 2008, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm no cook but I think my Mum would add: leave the batter to sit for half an hour first, fat should be smoking hot and tins should never be washed.

Note: Yorkshire Puds must be served as a starter, not with the meat and two veg. Perish the thought.

Eww, never wash the tin Sorry but I've never heard that before

And I like my puds with my dinner, not before it
Old May 18th 2008, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

was it gordon who served up mini puds with a sliver of rare roast beef and a thin scrape of horseradish? as horsderves.. or was that Jamie... never can remember...
Old May 18th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
75g of plain flour
2 large eggs
3 oz milk
2 oz water
pinch salt and pepper

Put tin in hot (250 degrees) over for 10 mins to warm fat up, then pour in batter and put in oven until risen. DO NOT OPEN IT WHILST THEY ARE COOKING Should make 6 - 8 puds.

I use a muffin tin.
Thanks Wendy, how much fat do I need to put, would table spoon be enough, or should i go for tea spoon, also when I make the batter do I need to let stand in the fridge first, or do I use it once they are all mixed up & the flour do you seive it too.
owwwwwww, my mouth is watering already, hope it comes out well.
Old May 18th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

The reason the Yorshire Pudding was served before dinner, (with gravy from the roast,by the way) was to fill up with the relatively cheap pudding, before the quite expensive roast.
Old May 18th 2008, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Thanks Wendy, how much fat do I need to put, would table spoon be enough, or should i go for tea spoon, also when I make the batter do I need to let stand in the fridge first, or do I use it once they are all mixed up & the flour do you seive it too.
owwwwwww, my mouth is watering already, hope it comes out well.

To be honest I just guess how much fat, usually just enough to cover the bottom - so somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon. I've done both letting it stand and putting it straight in and to be honest there's no difference. Definitely sieve the flour and then make a well in the centre and gradually mix in the egg, then the water and milk.
Old May 18th 2008, 4:52 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanL
The reason the Yorshire Pudding was served before dinner, (with gravy from the roast,by the way) was to fill up with the relatively cheap pudding, before the quite expensive roast.
Certainly was in our household.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Same theory behind christmas pudding being served first...

left over yorkshire puddings are lovely with butter and sugar as a pudding too...
Old May 18th 2008, 7:10 am
Auntie Fa

eddie, there was a thread a few weeks ago where we all talked about food we ate as a kid. I used to eat my Yorkshires with milk and sugar (or golden syrup) before my roast dinner; if it was the only way I would eat them, my Mum was happy to let me. They're only puffy pancakes really.

This may be why I have 20 crowned teeth and more filled ones now, of course.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

1/2 pint of semi skimmed milk
4 oz of plain flour
1 egg
salt and pepper.

I use muffin tins to give a larger pud,(this makes about 9). Red hot fat, just a bit in the bottom of each 'thing', wait till the fat is smoking in the oven (oven as hot as it will go), work quick, pour mixture into each....'thing'. Put back in oven, about 20/25 mins later you will have HUGE puddings....DO NOT open the oven door till they are finished.
Enjoy...

IF there was any left after the sunday roast (a rarity, but sometimes happened), we used to have them as pudding served with jam.....delic, takes me back to my childhood, never any left after our sunday roast, regardless how many I cook!!!!!
Old May 18th 2008, 8:44 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I must make mine really strange compaired to others on here, i just get a cup and fill it with flour, empty into bowl, then with the same amount of milk as the flour, and same again with eggs. It never fails.. Obviously i make sure the fat in the tin is smoking hot before applying the mixture.
Old May 18th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

when i make toad in the hole i put a tablespoon of whole grain mustard in the batter - yum!
Old May 19th 2008, 1:11 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really bothered how they used to do it, as it's much nicer served with the meat and veg...yummmmm.

I put some self raising in on recommendation of another expat ex chef here as it's something about the flour here that stops them cooking properly it's a diffferent mix to UK flour somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.