Class Distinction

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Class Distinction

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Thanks for your input Sean Totally agree about keeping the right to quote, multi quote and part quote. It's not often something like this happens - most people are mature enough to avoid the temptation, just a shame it's not all of em!

How are you's anyway? You may not have heard, we are moving North to Mackay in a couple of months - culturing the shoulder pimple nicely - any tips for maximum growth?!
I heard you were changing your nic to "Jones the Steam"

Congratulations on the new job.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:00 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
I heard you were changing your nic to "Jones the Steam"

Congratulations on the new job.
"Hardly a hero, Jones the Steam is just an ordinary engine-driver who is there to cope with whatever has to be coped with, and enjoy a cup of tea from Ivor's boiler."

Bloomin' uniforms even the same colour!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

"Hardly a hero, Jones the Steam is just an ordinary engine-driver who is there to cope with whatever has to be coped with, and enjoy a cup of tea from Ivor's boiler."

http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/ivor/f1.gif

Bloomin' uniforms even the same colour!
I think he has more hair
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:16 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I haven't really come accross this, apart from a few expats who look down at us because we are from the north (of the UK)
I personally couldn't give a rats a** if someone is loaded, speaks 'proper' etc, I take people at face value and if I get on with them, then what they have or don't have, makes no difference to me.
Went to a black tie 'do' last week, arrived to a trio of musicians and a photographer taking pics of everyone in their finery
Next minute, the trio had gone, to be replaced with an Ozzie rock band and the host was head banging on the dance floor in his tux
Had a brilliant time and it kind of summed up for me what Australia is all about - some like to think they are 'cultured' but underneath they like to let their hair down and have a right good p*ss up

Are you really being honest gal It might be in your mind because you imagine they are, but I have never met anyone from the South of England who looks down on the people from the north, banter between the divide, yes, but nothing to serious.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:18 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It seems very a very different ball game in the Mental health area Marg... I've been to work does with the wife plenty of times, and been amazed as to who is the Consultant Psychiatrist v who is the Orderly or cleaner... IE:The cleaner is the Greek lady with the BMW the Consultant Psych came on the scooter. Thats the Royal Melbourne lot as well !!

Maybe your work colleagues would go to a Karioke night and let their hair down that way.... If not I'm amazed because most of the Mental health workers at all levels have been to those before.

Could be that Surgeons are a unique breed ?

Just remembered last time I went to a do, I was having a chat with a fellow about football, he was telling me about his time on the Terraces at Dynamo Zagreb, v Red Star Belgrade.... turned out he was one of the Doctors.... Admittedly he was Yugoslavian, however I wouldnt have had a clue about his position... and that seemed to be the general feel of the wifes work colleagues.
Yeh, I really hate that
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im ruff as shit, and dont give a toss about ppl's accents.

However this is about class culture.. and I agree with Fluff, a lot of what you see has been imported by , Poms !

It used to bother me, cos of the old saying.. tarred with the same brush, not now though ....

I dress like a tramp ( so wife says ) I swear like a trooper, drink like a fish , smoke like a chimney, and hung like a donkey.

So aint all bad is it !!
That part is not true, I have heard you are a right little **ick
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
There's certainly no class in Australia.

Best post so far
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Best post so far
Geez.....you really ARE a cock aren't you!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna see what I see regarding the Back home at last puff ?

Makes life sooo much sweeter !
Attached Thumbnails Class Distinction-prick.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Wanna see what I see regarding the Back home at last puff ?

Makes life sooo much sweeter !

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

Geez.....you really have a big a cock aren't you!

Have I met you
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Have I met you
Going out now - Ah yes, some of us have a life!!

Shall look forward to reading more of your shite in the morning! Nighty night!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:14 am
Banned

Going out now - Ah yes, some of us have a life!!

Shall look forward to reading more of your shite in the morning! Nighty night!
If it's Perth, be careful mate.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:25 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry about him Fluff, I am sure the powers that be will be aware of his patronising, egging style...

He wont last long, and then will just re-appear as another troll.. in another guise.

Love to meet him, I am arriving in Birmingham airport in a week or so's time, if you can make it backathomeatlast be good to catch up , sweety
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It is totally against the spirit of BE to change the wording of quotes, especially when this is done to provoke trouble.
Backhomeatlast, pack it in now or you may find yourself unable to post for a while.

It is also against the rules of BE to keep using abusive language and insults. Pack it in the lot of you.

If you can't be civil to each other, then follow Timber's example and put each other on ignore.