Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Childless Melbourne Couples Group-Join up!

Childless Melbourne Couples Group-Join up!

Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:11 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childless Melbourne Couples Group-Join up!

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
I'm going to ask the question that everyone but you guys has....

What are you going to grow up and have kids?

Z
Hope you are joking !!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Not everyone wants (or can for that matter) have any kids so maybe never. but hey, each to their own
If we send our brat, oh I mean 4 yo son back to the UK, can we join ??!!

I agree with the above Teliko - although I get strange looks when I say I don't want any more ''How could you do that'' or ''That's not fair on him'' etc etc, as you say, each to their own!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:47 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the pursers
Headed to Melbourne, not child free so can't be in your gang, but hey if any of you would like to borrow the lovliest little angel for the weekend anytime to try it out, feel free to let me know
Hi fancy meeting you here! I presume you have a little girl (as I've never heard a boy referred to as a little angel )?

I have a 17 yr old stepson (so not completely child free either) but he is staying in Uk with his mother to train in IT. Doesn't seem long since the tantrums on the floor of Woolworths and yet last night he was on a hot date..how time flies!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Noticed in another thread I started that there seem to be a few couples (like us) in the 30 - 40 age bracket with no kids heading for Melbourne.

Anyone who wants to be in contact with others in same situ please join up!

We are Jools (33) & Mark (40) going out end Jan 08.
Hi everyone,

We're landing on Sept 29th. Jules (30) and Marcus (36). Should def arrange a meet-up and keep adding to our numbers as more people arrive!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Hope you aren't including me in that

I'm 40ish, and childfree, and in Melbourne.
When have I ever called you old? *checks chat history* oh yes, just about everytime I talk to you On the positve side, at least you haven't started dressing like a frumpy old granny so there is hope for you yet

Cas and I will show you all a good time as long as we can arrange it before Cas's bedtime of course
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:12 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
When have I ever called you old? *checks chat history* oh yes, just about everytime I talk to you On the positve side, at least you haven't started dressing like a frumpy old granny so there is hope for you yet

Cas and I will show you all a good time as long as we can arrange it before Cas's bedtime of course
Ha! Very funny

Yes...Teliko will show you a good time ...and I'll take you to some great places
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi fancy meeting you here! I presume you have a little girl (as I've never heard a boy referred to as a little angel )?

I have a 17 yr old stepson (so not completely child free either) but he is staying in Uk with his mother to train in IT. Doesn't seem long since the tantrums on the floor of Woolworths and yet last night he was on a hot date..how time flies!
Sorry, yes, is it me again, I'm not cyber-stalking you really Jools

Ohhh gawd don't say that, I look at her everyday and brood already coz she's 'all grown up now' (er, she still isn't walking, but I'm a-brooding anyhow!)
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Am not childless, just wish I was htis evening & not heading to Melbourne unless I have another change of heart. Just wishing you all good luck!!!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to ask the question that everyone but you guys has....

What are you going to grow up and have kids?

Z

Without meaning to sound rude.

What has it got to do with you wether we have Children or not and I don't think the fact that you have them makes you grown up all of a sudden, I know loads of people who have them and they still act like kids themselves.

John
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jond
Without meaning to sound rude.

What has it got to do with you wether we have Children or not and I don't think the fact that you have them makes you grown up all of a sudden, I know loads of people who have them and they still act like kids themselves.

John
The bonus of having kids is that you CAN act like a child yourself and everyone assumes you're just being a good parent.

'Childless' makes it sound like you're missing something.

I much prefer 'child free'...
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Got all you fishies on my hook!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Yeah were childless and in our 40's unless you count the cats of course, to be honest having no kids hasnt stopped me acting like a kid, we still have great fun..Not to sure about remincising about the 80's though, it was all a bit scary
Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Got all you fishies on my hook!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fenton
Yeah were childless and in our 40's unless you count the cats of course, to be honest having no kids hasnt stopped me acting like a kid, we still have great fun..Not to sure about remincising about the 80's though, it was all a bit scary

It hasn't stopped me having fun either.

I sometimes look after my 2 Nephews 14 & 6 and have a great time, but the best time of all is when we give them back to there Parents
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:15 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
It hasn't stopped me having fun either.

I sometimes look after my 2 Nephews 14 & 6 and have a great time, but the best time of all is when we give them back to there Parents
I guess I've had the best of both worlds-my stepson has been coming over to stay every Friday night since he was 4 (he's now 17) so as the 'wicked stepmother' I've been able to play mother once a week and be irresponsible the rest of the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.