Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

a child of the 70s and 80s

a child of the 70s and 80s

Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all
Default a child of the 70s and 80s

CHILD OF THE 70 s and 80 s:

There could be thousands of observations on this one!

You did the top toggle of your coat up around your neck without having your arms in the sleeves, and knew you looked like a super-hero.

Parachuting Action man was your favourite toy.

"Ca-vey Wa-vey!" means anything to you.

You had more than 10 sweets in a 10p mix-up.

You remember when Betamax was at the cutting edge of technology.

You could have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids.

(Girls) You owned a pair of Pixie Boots, generally worn with leg warmers.

Your best mate had a soda stream at home and you were jealous

You owned a pair of Farrahs and thought you were the dogs!

The zx spectrum and the annoying loading

Add some of your own
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:22 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future
Default Re: a child of the 70s and 80s

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER

You did the top toggle of your coat up around your neck without having your arms in the sleeves, and knew you looked like a super-hero.

Add some of your own
you could go on and on and on , but a few of mine are captain cave man, grange hill , magpie. The clangers now what about them and could you see them teaming up with the wommbles, that could be funny.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:31 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

You danced round your handbag and laughed a girls in white stilettos
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:32 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember making perfume from flower petals...and making my mum wear it, even if it did smell like pee!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:38 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER

Add some of your own
A wind-up Evil Knievel, endless games of Crossfire and a wobbly RAM pack sum it up for me.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:12 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
A wind-up Evil Knievel, endless games of Crossfire and a wobbly RAM pack sum it up for me.
Spanish gold
Cop Cops
Cola Cubes
Bazooka Joe
And many many more such yummy treats

Nev
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

That would be a ZX81 16K ram pack! I well remember typing in thousands of lines of BASIC from magazines to play a game, and then the RAM pack moved a bit and fiiiizzzzzzt. Start again.:curse:
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:20 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
That would be a ZX81 16K ram pack! I well remember typing in thousands of lines of BASIC from magazines to play a game, and then the RAM pack moved a bit and fiiiizzzzzzt. Start again.:curse:

You was obviously dead posh, i only had a commadore vic20 now thats crap!

Nev
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:30 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Spangles......and them pop-push necklaces
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:38 am

My dad made a wooden surround that kept the thing in place, it weighed about 10 times more than the ZX81

Originally Posted by redlion

Nev
My mate had a Dragon 32, he was a SERIOUS outcast ... probably contemplating mass killings in a mall right now
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlion

Nev
The Vic20 was colour and had sound! The ZX81 was black and white, I had to wait 3 years before I got a colour Zx Spectrum.

I had a friend with a Dragon 32 as well, I seem to remember the running joke with that was everything on the screen was green,
Any game that came out for the Spectrum in colour, like Manic Miner, we always asked him what colour it was on the Dragon, and it was always green,

Last edited by JackTheLad; Mar 21st 2008 at 2:43 am.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:44 am

The Vic20 was colour and had sound! The ZX81 was black and white, I had to wait 3 years before I got a colour Zx Spectrum.

I had a friend with a Dragon 32 as well, I seem to remember the running joke with that was everything on the screen was green,
Any game that came out for the Spectrum in colour we always asked him what colour it was on the Dragon, and it usually was green, like Manic Miner.
The '32 was real pants.

I had an Electron after my ZX81 'cos we couldn't afford a BBC ... I see that there is a bit of a BBC Micro celebration going on, very good too, that had some cracking games AND was a good introduction to real coding.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

I had a vertibird - anyone remember them?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The '32 was real pants.

I had an Electron after my ZX81 'cos we couldn't afford a BBC ... I see that there is a bit of a BBC Micro celebration going on, very good too, that had some cracking games AND was a good introduction to real coding.

The Electron was the Celeron of its day.

The history of the BBC Micro is actually quite interesting. The BBC had the guts to specify a design for a PC and to specify its own version of BASIC, because they didn't think the current versions of BASIC taught correct programming, just so they could do a series on Computers

http://bbc.nvg.org/history.php3

I never had one, but used them extensively in school. Their BASIC was better than Sinclair, as it had proper subroutines, and parameter passing.

JTL
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The Electron was the Celeron of its day.

The history of the BBC Micro is actually quite interesting. The BBC had the guts to specify a design for a PC and to specify its own version of BASIC, because they didn't think the current versions of BASIC taught correct programming, just so they could do a series on Computers

http://bbc.nvg.org/history.php3

I never had one, but used them extensively in school. Their BASIC was better than Sinclair, as it had proper subroutines, and parameter passing.

JTL
I had a BBC Model B - amazing computer - loved it. Funnily enough just a couple of days ago I downloaded a BBC Model B emulator. Played Planetoid, Elite and Repton - gave a couple of Level 9 adventures ago ... and then deleted it. Should have kept that memory in the nostalgia department ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.