Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can I ask you all a favour please?

Can I ask you all a favour please?

Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Can I ask you all a favour please?

To The Forum.

I was trying to think of a special way to thank ALL of the staff who have cared for Flynn during the last 8 weeks. A thank you card is the obvious way to go, but with all of your help I can make it one to remember!
I thought it would be great to sign at the end to say where you live/ and are going to or from so that the staff can really appreciate how many people they touch when doing this amazing work.

An explanation OF the forum...

We belong to a forum for Expats from around the world. Some of The people on there are friends in the real world, some are cyber friends. They have shared the ups and (mostly) downs of 2006 with us and have supported me in some extremely dark times this year. However Flynn is an inspiration to many people and has caused a global fuss. They have checked in each day for the updates and have oooed and ahhed at the photos. The people on here united with prayers and positive vibes. They sent cards, gifts, money, flowers, and most of all their love and kindness that helped get us through some heartbreaking times. Without being able to draw from this strength? Well who knows?.........

My thoughts and feelings...

When Flynn decided to fly onto the world in such a big hurry 13 weeks early nothing could have prepared us for the roller coaster of a journey that we were about to embark on. Most of my friends on here didn't know either. They are now up with the terminology and know that B1's and B2's are nothing to do with bananas dressed in stripy blue and white suits. They have been with us in heart stopping moments when we were told the terrible mistake in the reading of the ultra sound. Dr's coming and grabbing us in the canteen to warn us not to come back to the ward because of procedures. PDA, ROP, Lumbar punctures, green vomit, Dr's racing up from meetings because Flynn's stomach was about to explode etc etc, the list is endless. (but those in the know have given me so much of their time behind the scenes when it was panic central!) They have cried with us, and more recently laughed with the "firsts", which are great times.

To All Of the Staff in Newborn Services, Monash Medical center...........

Whenever you have a crappy day and wonder to yourselves "oh god why on earth do i do this" (which, with some of the terrible things you cope with day to day, I'm sure you do) Maybe reading something like this would help? Knowing that for just ONE of the lives you helped save in this last 8 weeks you have touched so many people from across the world. One life. You guys do this EVERYDAY. Your knowledge, professionalism, kindness, compassion and caring got not only me, Matt, Leah and Niall, but our family and friends through this. Without you lot my families dreams for the future would have been demolished; a life lost.

For that we can never ever repay you.
We would like to say thank you. It seems so insignificant in light of all that you have done. For the life you saved. But its all that we can say.

Thank you one and all, from the bottom of our hearts.
Heather, Matt, Leah, Niall and of course the beautiful baby Flynn.

(Formerly Banbury UK, now Nr Berwick, Australia)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I ask you all a favour please?

A big thank you to everyone that has cared for and nurtured Baby Flynn, and also everyone that has supported the rest of the family. When friends are far apart it helps to know that they are in safe hands.

Many many thanks

Polly (originally from Brighton, UK) now married to an Aussie and living in Brisbane

Old Dec 26th 2006, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope no one minds but I felt after reading the start of this thread that I should leave a message too.

Hevs I'm sorry I don't even know if I'd chatted to you on here before and I don't know the ins and outs of baby Flynn's story and entrance into the world but your brief but informative description above it certainly sounds like a very dramatic one and having 3 kids of my own it brought tears to my eyes, because when you have a baby that baby becomes the most precious things in your life, and although we've been incredibly lucky and only had minor hiccups with our children, I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through.
I'd like to wish you all the best over Christmas and the New Year and i'll certainly look out for your posts to see how he is from now on.

To all the staff who have looked after baby Flynn i'd like to thank you as you've obviously made a massive difference to this family amidst some really horrible times in their lives.

Jen, Martin, Brandon, Ryan and Sean
(currently UK - Melbourne in 2007)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

To all the staff who looked and continue to look after Flynn, I hope these messages show how much your work is appreciated you have united so many people from all around the world some who know Flynn and his family and others who dont but all who cannot say thankyou enough.You do an amazing job. Flynns family touched my heart and the work you have done is true dedication. Thankyou for helping Flynn and his family.

My very best wishes

Sarah ( hoping to go to Perth in April )
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

To all the staff who have nursed and cared for baby Flynn, and supported his wonderful family.
Having followed the ups and downs of baby Flynn and his family, i feel that the nursing staff at baby unit where Flynn has been cared for have been amazing.
The staff i feel have performed miracles with this baby and all the other babies born so early.
I take my hat off to their professionalism , i know as a nurse i could not work with such tiny babies i would end up needing hankies everyday.
Mandy (from Durham UK, soon to be Germany but eventually Melbourne Australia)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 8:22 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

To All Of the Staff in Newborn Services, Monash Medical center,

You guys are nothing short of Hero's in my eyes. What you do every day as a job, is monumental in the lives of the people you serve. You should all be so very proud of the impact you have on lives, not just of the babies, but of the families and friends all around the world.

Keep it up!!

Helen (Australia -> London -> Bendigo, Australia) + Paul (London -> Bendigo, Australia)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:23 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

I have been reading and writing on this forum for approx 4 years now and found the people who also belong to this forum a wonderful help in many ways.

I met Heather and Matt and family very briefly at a BBQ held in honour of our arrival back in Ocotber 2003, they were soon moving on to Melbourne.

I am one of those people who in read Heather and Matts entries onto here, their trials and tribulations of this year have been horrendous.
I log on each morning before work to find out how little Flynn is going on. I cannot imagine what a truly difficult time you have all had over the past few weeks since Flynn's arrival.
As a nurse myself (who incidentally couldn't work with small babies either) I believe that those who do this kind of work are angels themselves. They not only save the lives of babies but really help to prevent the lives of their parents from falling apart.

I am writing this to say really that although there are many people who actually write responses to Heather and Matt's entries there are also those like me who don't. This doesn't mean that I and maybe others don't care but I feel that what ever I can write will be insignificant in the greater scheme of things but I do think and pray about you all.

I would like to say Heather, you truly are a marvellously strong woman who deserves nothing more that peace and happiness with your family not only now but always.

Take care love

Yvonne
previously Mirfield West Yorkshire- now Perth
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:46 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following little Flynns progress, his ups and downs from the moment he made his early entrance. Although I do not know Hevs or her family I have been logging on first thing in a morning to see how hes progressing. I am continually amazed that such a little bundle can be such a fighter and has had to endure so much in his short time. Ive been in tears and also had such a huge smile on my face seeing his photos.

I wish you all the best luck, you are such an amazing family after everything thats been thrown at you.

The doctors and nurses do a wonderful job, you make such a difference to peoples lives. Thank you.

Joex

Newcastle,Staffs, UK hoping to go to Australia (Melbourne or Brisbane not sure yet)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all the staff on the neonatal unit. I am a fellow neonatal nurse currently in the North of England soon to be Brisbane.

I want to congratulate you all for the wonderful work you are doing. I know that we do the best we can for babies such as the gorgeous Flynn and his family. However, the medical/nursing things we do daily, it's the little extras that count. You have obviously all done a wonderful job in providing the extra care it takes to make a difference.

You all deserve a pat on the back.

Tracey.x.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a member of this forum for just over a year. What Hevs and her family have been through in that year is just unbelievable and makes me realise that whatever is going on in my life is a breeze.

When I read that baby Flynn had been born so early, I checked this board at least twice a day hoping to have some news on his progress. I have been in tears both with sadness and happiness at the small things he has achieved since being born. I know that the work you guys at the hospital do is invaluable in helping him through those early days. A big massive Thankyou to all of you for making a difference to so many peoples lives every day.

Wendy
(Bradford, West Yorkshire to South Australia July 2006)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

To All Of the Staff in Newborn Services, Monash Medical centre.

I have been lucky enough to visit Flynn a few times and see a small snippet of the work that these nurses, doctors & consultants do.
Not only for these special kids but also trying to reassure the parents when things look very bleak indeed.
I remember one very low point where Heather was sat beside the incubator with tears running down her face. Flynn was very ill at that point & to see how far he has come with the help of all the staff is nothing short of a miracle.

I would just like to say a special thank you to one person who has reassured Matt & Hevs on a few occasions & someone I know they both admire ernomously & have the utmost respect for.
So thanks Clara.

Bill & Mary Leighton.
From Selkirk in Scotland & now Ferntree Gully, Melbourne.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

To all the nursing staff who have helped Flynn along the way may I give you a massive pat on the back.

I know this is short and sweet but all I can say is the work you have done for Flynn and his family is very much appreciated.

Lynne x (Co. Durham, UK - Perth Jan '07)
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:19 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I too have been following the Garrett family's rollercoaster, but I haven't really posted much as I really haven't known just what to say. But I have been amazed at their resilience and I am in awe of them. Heather & Matt you have been through so much together, I hope 2007 brings you some peace and tranquillity to enjoy your beautiful family.

To the staff who have been caring for little Flynn - you truly are amazing people, you should be so proud of the things you achieve every day. Without people like you there would be so much more sorrow in this world. Never doubt the difference you make, thankyou.

Petra - Formerly Portsmouth uk, now Sunshine Coast, QLD
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:19 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Your doing an excellent job guys well done to all of you.
Sean
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:26 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can I ask you all a favour please?

To ALL the staff involved in anyway with caring for Flynn and his family,

A massive thank you. Although I have never met this family their heartbreaking year has touched and inspired me. I have followed Flynns progress and am delighted he is doing so well.
You have all done a fantastic job !

Gillian and family (St Albans, UK - now Perth,WA)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.