Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a Gym in Cairns?

Can anyone recommend a Gym in Cairns?

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:25 am

jackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nice
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a Gym in Cairns?

well yesterday (tony you will be proud) we went to Barron Gorge and I ended up carrying the baby the whole time - my calves and my ass are killing me today!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackass
well yesterday (tony you will be proud) we went to Barron Gorge and I ended up carrying the baby the whole time - my calves and my ass are killing me today!
You have to suffer for your art! Feel any fitter?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You should head up the Red Arrow. It'll soon have you fit, or gasping for oxygen every 10 metres or so like me....
Is that the walk that goes up the mountains? I've heard there's a blue one as well. Where are they?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:16 am

jackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nicejackass is just really nice

Originally Posted by LauraC
Is that the walk that goes up the mountains? I've heard there's a blue one as well. Where are they?

havent ventured it myself yet but i have a map and there is a red and blue walk and they are just off botanical gardens @ edge hill. if you take the walk and see a short blonde woman gasping for breath can you call me an ambulance please?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You have to suffer for your art! Feel any fitter?
in a word....NO
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

havent ventured it myself yet but i have a map and there is a red and blue walk and they are just off botanical gardens @ edge hill. if you take the walk and see a short blonde woman gasping for breath can you call me an ambulance please?

Thanks I'll have to look out for those walks. Are they in a walker's/hiking map or any old map?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by LauraC

Thanks I'll have to look out for those walks. Are they in a walker's/hiking map or any old map?
i just got a standard Hema Cairns & Region Street Directory from newsagents
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone recommend a Gym in Cairns?-cairns%2520st%2520directory.jpg  
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:02 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we'll have to try that
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Maybe we'll have to try that

christ, we must all be mad!! i blame tony

or were you referring to carrying the baby and getting a sore ass mate
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

I need to find a gym in Cairns . Anyone?
Well if you dont find a gym dont make the mistake I did and rented one of those running machines from the Cairns Post ads, you guessed it 30 odd degrees, the thing has already become a coat hanger LOL

No breeze from Clifton Beach this week end I can tell ya.
Angela
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

nice and cool now though!.....and wet!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

christ, we must all be mad!! i blame tony

or were you referring to carrying the baby and getting a sore ass mate
Whaah! What've I done? Just trying to make sure you all get nice and fit.... whilst I put my feet up at home with a cold one...

The Red Arrow is a walking track which starts some 50m east of the Botanical Gardens on Collins Street. You'll see an information board at the entrance telling you about the Wet Tropics and its wildlife. It climbs fairly steeply up Mt Whitfield through the Mt Whitfield Conservation Park. It actually splits about a third of the way up, forming a loop. At its apex are magnificent views North, South and East. Also at its apex is the start of the Blue Arrow which takes you North towards Lumley Hill before splitting itself and forming a several Kms long track through dense rainforest. At its apex, near the summit of Lumley Hill you come out into a patch of grassy Dry Forest dominated by Ironbarks, She Oaks and Grass Trees. There's a side track here that takes you up to the summit of Lumley Hill where there's a helicopter pad, sub-station for the airport beacons on the summit, and magnificent views North towards Palm Cove.

All in all a tiring walk but worth doing at least once.

I did it back in April, I think, and got completely soaked. I managed to write off a pair of trainers in the sticky mud but I wasn't cold and I'd say it was deffo well worth it. Everyone who lives in Cairns ought to do this walk at least once IMHO.

I went most of the way up a few weeks ago in pursuit of Buff-Breasted Paradise Kingfishers. Also well worth the effort as they are beautiful birds.

Last edited by tonyk38; Dec 3rd 2007 at 1:20 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angela Marie - Cairns
Well if you dont find a gym dont make the mistake I did and rented one of those running machines from the Cairns Post ads, you guessed it 30 odd degrees, the thing has already become a coat hanger LOL

Angela
It was 38 Degrees on Saturday apparently. Felt like stepping into sauna even at 11.00pm at night!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Angela Marie - Cairns

Angela
i toyed with the idea but i know myself too well
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by windog
nice and cool now though!.....and wet!
i cant sleep!! i dont know if it is the storms or what but its driving me potty!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.