Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me when I visit Adelaide?

Can anyone help me when I visit Adelaide?

Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of
Default Can anyone help me when I visit Adelaide?

Hi visiting Oz in Nov to do a recce. vising NZ to see family and hoping to see a bit of Melbourne but mainly like the look of Adelaide for many reasons. I am being left with making the final decision of where my wife and three children will end up. Originally we were all going to make the trip but finances have taken their toll so I am doing it alone. Because of this I would really like to meet up with a few people when I'm there to share their experiences and give me some pointers. I have a young family my kids are 4, 2 and 3 months so anyone with young kids to point out things I know the wife will quiz me about would be great too. I am a pipe fitter/ welder. Hired a camper van so not tied to one place. So anyone willing to meet me with help or advice will make the trip a whole lot easier. Will be in Adelaide 17th nov for aprox 10 days. thanks Dave
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

nicopa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone help me when I visit Adelaide?

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
Hi visiting Oz in Nov to do a recce. vising NZ to see family and hoping to see a bit of Melbourne but mainly like the look of Adelaide for many reasons. I am being left with making the final decision of where my wife and three children will end up. Originally we were all going to make the trip but finances have taken their toll so I am doing it alone. Because of this I would really like to meet up with a few people when I'm there to share their experiences and give me some pointers. I have a young family my kids are 4, 2 and 3 months so anyone with young kids to point out things I know the wife will quiz me about would be great too. I am a pipe fitter/ welder. Hired a camper van so not tied to one place. So anyone willing to meet me with help or advice will make the trip a whole lot easier. Will be in Adelaide 17th nov for aprox 10 days. thanks Dave
Stay in a caravan park in Adelaide Dave.
They are not bad.
You will find it perhaps a bit old fashioned and quaint.
For example you will have to describe yourself as a boilermaker I think.
Try googling caravan park adelaide.

Nick
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Check out various suburbs - I would suggest taking a video camera and filming sections (remembering to mention on the film where you are).

If possible make some appointments to view a selection of kindies, day care centres and maybe even a junior primary or two - especially if you can narrow down to a general area.

Beaches, playparks (many near beaches), shopping centres, supermarkets (check out availability of favoured products), facilities for baby changing etc.

If you have time go to a few house opens - rental/sale to get an idea of standards.

Kids entertainment - 'Wiggly Worms' (Glenelg) etc. Plasterfun house. Check out community centres for local kids activities. Libraries are great - get info on kids fun sessions.

Just off the top of my head the kind of thing I would want to know with young kids. My kids are much older sorry so not a lot of help. On AdelaideBrits there are often meetups with preschool kids at local play areas, take a look.

Oh and to stay Brighton caravan Park and Adelaide Shores are both situated beach front and both are fairly good bases for getting around. Adelaide Shores is more central, but it is fairly close to the airport, whereas Brighton is further south, its really in Marino rather than Brighton.

Nikki
xx

Last edited by mysnix; Sep 10th 2007 at 11:18 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in the city on the 22nd Nov if you want to meet me
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Who (in their right mind) would NOT want to meet you, Wendy?

Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Who (in their right mind) would NOT want to meet you, Wendy?

Usually the ones who have met me before
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Usually the ones who have met me before
Yes, but I have to ask if they're in their right minds...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iPom
Yes, but I have to ask if they're in their right minds...

Well they all came to Adelaide didn't they.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Well they all came to Adelaide didn't they.

Hmmmmmm.

Ok, I'll give you that.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
Take Wendy up on her offer. She can give you some excellent advice on suburbs and the like.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Why the 22nd wendy?

Seriously Wendy is brilliant, I would take her home with me, but then I would have fight on my hand with her family.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Why the 22nd wendy?

Seriously Wendy is brilliant, I would take her home with me, but then I would have fight on my hand with her family.

Because it's pay day and it's Chris's birthday on the 25th