Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jul 2nd 2016, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by bcworld
Don't think the CFA thing has had any effect. In the seats where it really might have there are swings to Labor.

Poor Mal though, this is not going to end well for him!

So, when's the next DD!? 😁
Shorten will call for another election later in the year I think as I think there can still be one.

Quite telling that there is a swing in pretty much every state/territory to ALP. This makes a mockery of the LNP's decision to go to a DD.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 12:56 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think the CFA thing has had any effect. In the seats where it really might have there are swings to Labor.

It looks very like a hung parliament, or a 'under a bus' fragile government.

The senate looks to be as unfriendly as before, if not more so (Gee thanks Malcolm, Pauline Hanson is back thanks to you).

I said prior to the vote, win, lose or draw, I didn't think Malcolm would survive a year. With this hung result I expect the extreme far right wing of the LNP to knife him - why not, he was only there to tart up the same old extremist policies, and he wasn't enough of a whore to bring in the voters. He'll go when the plebicite issue comes up

I guess they will try and push through the same old attacks on anything that people want (eg Medicare will get an attempt at privatisation), and eventually get pushed back to the polls; before the year is out.

The real issue was the greens got >10% of the vote, and so far only one seat. That's 'first past the post' levels of anti-democracy.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, So far Queensland is twice as redneck as WA.... that takes some bloody doing !! I'm actually surprised about that.

Have you seen the one nation percentages. ?

What about the green ballot papers running out in some seats in Victoria.... that could mean a by election in those seats.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 1:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bloody hell, So far Queensland is twice as redneck as WA.... that takes some bloody doing !! I'm actually surprised about that.

Have you seen the one nation percentages. ?

What about the green ballot papers running out in some seats in Victoria.... that could mean a by election in those seats.
So I get to see both the Brexit and the Iceland Euro result whilst I'm in the UK and now witnessing Pauline ()$&ing Hanson making a comeback from a distance.

I think I'll sell up and live in a Yurt in Nimbin when I return, it makes as much sense as anything else.

Chatham is still a ();$hole btw.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Agree nothing to do with unions. They are dead.

And Garry, hung p, bang on the money sir. But you know shit about marketing.

I thought left Australia would pass out to the Inds and Green but how did I underestimate the salesmanship and marketing talent of one side and the lack of it from the other. Lies don't count.

I'm out, moving to New Zealand. Growth and Jobs. Just because I can.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

I thought left Australia would pass out to the Inds and Green but how did I underestimate the salesmanship and marketing talent of one side and the lack of it from the other. Lies don't count.

I'm out, moving New Zealand. Growth and Jobs. Just because I can.
At the end of the day, the Liberals were punished for even dreaming to try this....Along with Penalty rates, it was enough to bring the electorate back to the left.

Tony Abbott announces changes to $7 Medicare co-payment

The electorate doesn't trust them not to try it again.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 2nd 2016 at 9:00 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 12:10 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I went to bed with the LNP on 75 seats, I wake with them on 66. That suggests as votes have preferenced down, they have end up not with the coalition to the level people expected. It could still end up with a Labor minority government.

Hark, do you hear it?

That sound in the distance, it's the sound of knives being sharpened.

Turnbull's back is feeling itchy.

Unfortunately the lies of the LNP have done too well - though I've no idea why. They managed to still get people to think they'd be better with the economy, despite presiding over the biggest collapse and having no practical plan to deal with it except chant three word slogans.

Then there's the 'medicare is safe in our hands', after being caught with evidence, spending $5m on a study to privatise medicare payment. Even at an average cost of $200kpa for each civil servant, that's a team of 100 people for 3 months. That's not a whim, that's a policy position they were trying to put together.

The coalition ranked at least three pinocchios deep on that one - having the marketing hypocrisy to claim it was the Labor party who were lying ....

Seriously, why did anyone vote for that shower?

Err, isn't the NZ government a hung parliament, with a minority government supported with deals with various minor parties?

Oh, and PS, I'm actually not bad at marketing, when I can lower myself to lie convincingly...
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

This might sound a bit naive or stating the obvious but I think it's saddening that our politicians are quite good at counting votes but very bad at their actual job. Scott Morrison showed a great deal of arrogance yesterday with his confidence of winning a majority government based on the pre-poll and postal votes which usually go with the LNP. That might get them to 76 (as many seats are still knife edge) but why is is an expert in vote counting and a fraud as a treasurer, immigration minister or social services minister?

A significant potential victory could be on the cards for ALP for the seat of Dickson where Peter Dutton could lose his seat. The people there are sending the message about 'stopping the boats' I guess.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure NZ is necessary your solution, but how much nicer it would all be if those of the tooth and claw selfishness persuasion of capitalism , all founded a place where they could partake in their flawed beliefs and left the rest of us to develop the really important concepts of life and good living.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
This might sound a bit naive or stating the obvious but I think it's saddening that our politicians are quite good at counting votes but very bad at their actual job. Scott Morrison showed a great deal of arrogance yesterday with his confidence of winning a majority government based on the pre-poll and postal votes which usually go with the LNP. That might get them to 76 (as many seats are still knife edge) but why is is an expert in vote counting and a fraud as a treasurer, immigration minister or social services minister?

A significant potential victory could be on the cards for ALP for the seat of Dickson where Peter Dutton could lose his seat. The people there are sending the message about 'stopping the boats' I guess.
Do hope that Dutton caricature is given the long drop. Shame Morrison, wasn't made to sweat, the height of arrogance and worse ambitions to gain the reigns of the Tea Party.

I expect the right wing of the party will exert ever more dominance, good on one side, making them ever less electable.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How unbecoming was Turnbull's speech last night? He sounded very sore. Sore indeed, considering himself born to lead and used to winning, good to witness politics can truly humble.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Attached Thumbnails Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.-ciomvodumaahu6a.jpg  
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Oh, and PS, I'm actually not bad at marketing, when I can lower myself to lie convincingly...
So you are liking the lie riddled ALP campaign?

The same campaign that was built on a lie about Medicare, a text message from his own party which is now the subject of a police investigation, but executed far better than the Liberals own marketing campaign it has to be said.

But selfish none the less. Shortens greedy and shallow attempt to win a few extra seats now puts us in a perilous position. What's in it for Bill? Everything. What's in it for Australia .... Sweet FA

Australia is going down a deep dark road now right when the world is on a knife edge.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
At the end of the day, the Liberals were punished for even dreaming to try this....Along with Penalty rates, it was enough to bring the electorate back to the left.

Tony Abbott announces changes to $7 Medicare co-payment

The electorate doesn't trust them not to try it again.
Ozzie, why the obsession with penalty rates and unions, half the country have no interest in them or Shorten.

There might have been a swing as a general protest vote from a confused and tired electorate but i don't see this as the electorate really punishing the Libs or loving Labour. Labour are still a farce and it was folly Turnbull and Morrison were overstating their position.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Ozzie, why the obsession with penalty rates and unions, half the country have no interest in them or Shorten.

There might have been a swing as a general protest vote from a confused and tired electorate but i don't see this as the electorate really punishing the Libs or loving Labour. Labour are still a farce and it was folly Turnbull and Morrison were overstating their position.
I'd say there was enough interest in those Penalty rates, to push Labour to almost winning or at least doing far far better than everyone, especially the bookies anticipated.

AFAIK Penalty rates was mentioned as a reason on every Labour how to vote card around the Country. So the Labour party figured it was enough reason to make it a pertinent issue. Most people I know are on Penalty rates....Nurses/Postal Workers etc etc.

My own and direct colleagues penalty rates are at least 30 pct of our salary, so it's a massive deal for us.

Affects everyone in the Emergency services as well..... Heaps of sectors are affected by them.. Public Transport... Retail.... Hospitality... etc etc etc.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 3rd 2016 at 6:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.