Burpengary!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

TreinOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Burpengary!

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum but having had a sneaky read everyone seems really friendly and helpful.

Long story short:

I'm Irish, I lived in London for years, married an Ozzie guy, have two boys aged three n half and one n half, am a nurse by trade but taking time out to raise the kiddiwinks ...moved to Brisbane a year ago...just about settled in and now we're moving to Burpengary!!

I guess my question is...ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE IN BURPENGARY???
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Burpengary!

QUOTE=TreinOz;7245577]Hi guys

I'm new to this forum but having had a sneaky read everyone seems really friendly and helpful.

Long story short:

I'm Irish, I lived in London for years, married an Ozzie guy, have two boys aged three n half and one n half, am a nurse by trade but taking time out to raise the kiddiwinks ...moved to Brisbane a year ago...just about settled in and now we're moving to Burpengary!!

I guess my question is...ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE IN BURPENGARY???[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome

Can I ask where Burpengary is coz I've never heard of the place

D.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future

TreinOz

You wont be the only expats in Burpengary. We live in caboolture which is the next suburb north and have met a couple on here from burpengary. We also work (as nurses) with a couple of people from that suburb.

The surrounding area Bribie redcliffe etc is full of them so fear not.

Jim & Claire
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Twos Company
TreinOz

You wont be the only expats in Burpengary. We live in caboolture which is the next suburb north and have met a couple on here from burpengary. We also work (as nurses) with a couple of people from that suburb.

The surrounding area Bribie redcliffe etc is full of them so fear not.

Jim & Claire
Oh right, now I know where it is, rellies live on Bribie
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01

Long story short:

About as far from you as is possible on Aus soil. It's a suburb of Brisbane. Cracking name though, makes me chuckle everytime I hear it
Hi and welcome

D.[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
About as far from you as is possible on Aus soil. It's a suburb of Brisbane. Cracking name though, makes me chuckle everytime I hear it
Hi and welcome

D.
[/QUOTE]

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:28 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Long story short:

Hi and welcome

D.
Hi and welcome

D.
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Not half as funny as Come By Chance (I kid you not!) in NSW
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not half as funny as Come By Chance (I kid you not!) in NSW [/QUOTE]

Can you?
BE Enthusiast

Not half as funny as Come By Chance (I kid you not!) in NSW [/QUOTE]

No way !!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you?[/QUOTE]

No way !!![/QUOTE]

You two should enter this next year and you could also be the Miss Come By Chance !!

http://www.coonamble.org/cbc/
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Can you?

No way !!![/QUOTE]

You two should enter this next year and you could also be the Miss Come By Chance !!

http://www.coonamble.org/cbc/[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a miss thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

It is an odd name isn't it? Before we visited we felt sure the stress should be on the second syllable Burp ENG ary, but no sure enough it's pronounced Burp n gary.

It is however a nice suburb and the bush areas to the East are very nice if you have lots $$$. I'm sure there's someone living in Burpengary because I asked about it ages ago. They'll be along soon.

However it's not that far to Redcliffe and there's a whole ocean of Poms there.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:29 am
Just Joined

TreinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta so much to everyone for taking time to reply

I had to get out of the house today as humidity was bugging me and the boys were going stir crazy

Anyhow, "Burp"engary is a bit of an odd one alright....when I used to come over on hols before we got married and we'd be heading up the Sunshine coast we'd pass the exit and I'd think "What an awful name" ......oops!!!

Little did I think eh....

I love the house we're buying so hopefully it'll be the right move for us, just get knots in my stomach as it took my eldest ages to settle in and make friends and now i'm changing things again.....be good that we'll be finally properly settled before he starts school though...

Redcliffe is a Pommie hotbed then....how far is that then from Burpengary does anyone know ?

What about Narangba, is there many Irish/English peeps there?

Now I sound like I'm desperate for friends....guess I am a little

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.