Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Broke my hand-what to do?

Broke my hand-what to do?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough
Default Broke my hand-what to do?

Broke my hand last night playing foootball. Staff at ER were fantastic.

Just made me realise that i have not joined Medicare or anything. Am on a 457 visa since Feb 08.

I have an appointment with a fracture clinc tomorrow first thing and wont have had time to join Medicare or anything.

Any tips on the best course of action
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broke my hand-what to do?

If you are from UK or another country with the same agreement you will eventually get your money back. Registering with Medicare just streamlines the process.

You can call Medicare on 132011 8:30-5:00 Monday to Friday. They are usually very helpful.