Brisbane toll roads

Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane toll roads

Never used the toll roads since this new system came in where you can't just pay at a kiosk.

I know i need to get one of these Govia tag things but i need to use the logan motorway on saturday morning.

Whats my options? Do they still have manned kiosks?

Jazzys
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:43 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane toll roads

Originally Posted by jazzys
Never used the toll roads since this new system came in where you can't just pay at a kiosk.

I know i need to get one of these Govia tag things but i need to use the logan motorway on saturday morning.

Jazzys
"Manned" kiosk,tut tut Jazzy you little sexist
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
"Manned" kiosk,tut tut Jazzy you little sexist
Haha, soz mate. I suppose it is womans work anyway.

Cue abuse

Jazzys
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
I have numerous questions about this.

First of all I should say I have the go via tag, long before it was called that, so I can use the gateway bridge to the airport without stopping.

Now, I read in an advert in the paper today, they would love everyone to buy what is now called the govia tag. But if not, you will get the govideo charge, whereby your car will be automatically identified by its number plate and charged when it passes through.

Question 1. Has anyone ever been stopped for having a "muddy" number plate. (so muddy the number plate is unreadable)?

Question 2. Use a water based marker pen to change the 'E' to an '8', the 'P' to an '8', the 'L' to an 'E' etc. Drive through the govideo toll, and wipe it off again. What is to stop that?

Question 3. How long before someone develops a flick switch lcd cover for Number plates that can make them opaque for a few seconds.

It just seems like a huge area for skipping paying the toll. Its not been thought through.

The only thing I can think of, is if they have booths at the other end of the toll road, and any car that didn't get registered properly on entering could be stopped before exiting.

JTL
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:36 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I have numerous questions about this.

First of all I should say I have the go via tag, long before it was called that, so I can use the gateway bridge to the airport without stopping.

Now, I read in an advert in the paper today, they would love everyone to buy what is now called the govia tag. But if not, you will get the govideo charge, whereby your car will be automatically identified by its number plate and charged when it passes through.

Question 1. Has anyone ever been stopped for having a "muddy" number plate. (so muddy the number plate is unreadable)?

Question 2. Use a water based marker pen to change the 'E' to an '8', the 'P' to an '8', the 'L' to an 'E' etc. Drive through the govideo toll, and wipe it off again. What is to stop that?

Question 3. How long before someone develops a flick switch lcd cover for Number plates that can make them opaque for a few seconds.

It just seems like a huge area for skipping paying the toll. Its not been thought through.

The only thing I can think of, is if they have booths at the other end of the toll road, and any car that didn't get registered properly on entering could be stopped before exiting.

JTL
Seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid a $2.90 toll. You've been watching too much of The Italian Job!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:46 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Cue abuse

Jazzys
I can think of better things to do with my time!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:51 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

They still have the pay kiosks and the bloody go via doesn't work

It's so slow that a lot still go via the go via kiosk as it's quicker

Go via go faster my arse:curse:
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid a $2.90 toll. You've been watching too much of The Italian Job!

Hmmm Slapping a bit of mud on your number plate to avoid $2.90*5*2*52= $1508.

Yeah, I couldn't be arsed either

JTL

And I don't get the Italian job reference, at no point did I recommend just BLOWING THE BLOODY DOORS OFF!!!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cue abuse

Jazzys
Polly gets out her broom and prepares to sweep Jazzys into the banning corner
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:12 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:20 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody witch
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Bloody witch
You wanna be swept out too?
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:30 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Goan, you know you want to
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:30 am
FREE TIBET

Already been swept tonight thank you
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:31 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Goan, you know you want to
I preferred you when you mortal like the rest of us and not a mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.